What is your pre game routine? Train, pubs etc

Ilikethewayyoumove

What is people's routines for going to Ibrox?

Mine is usually a pint at the local, early train with a few beers, meet my mate, lunch in the city centre, subway over, hour in the Louden, make a last gasp treck up to the club deck, walk back to the city center after the game for a few pints, train home and depending if I'm off the next day back to the local til shutting time.

Been missing it.

We don’t really have a set routine.

Walk to the Nelson for a few before the minibus to Ibrox
Pub in town before getting the Subway
Subway to the Louden
Drive if not drinking
Walk if not drinking and the weathers nice (40 minute walk)

Never really do the same thing twice in a row.

if going by train i'll grab a McMuffin and a coffee while walking to the train station , train about 11 then if wee man is hungry a bite to eat in St Enoch Centre and subway to the ground about 2 , grab our dinner somewhere after the game and train back into Carlisle about 8
driving i'll just nash straight on up the motorway and go for a bite at Braehead before the game and grab a coffee at starbucks across from the bbc studios to let the traffic die down before we head back

Leave house about 5.30 and walk to main road and get picked up by bus
Get to Stena terminal for 7.30 sailing
Bus arrives Glasgow about 12.00 or 12.30,
Go to one of a number of places depending on:- If kids, City centre or Springfield Quays for a feed. If no kids, go to District, or Queen Street Club, or get the subway to Partick and go to one of a few bars, depending on who I am meeting.
Get to Ibrox about 2.45 (assuming 3 o'clock k o)
Get bus at Helen Street straight after game and down to Cairnryan, hoping to get the 7. 30 sailing to Belfast (always a bit nervous as it is rushed. Occasionally we miss it and have to stay in Stranraer for the night).
If all goes well, get home at about 10.30, just in time for Match of the Day and have a drink with Winnie Mandela (my pet name for 'she who must be obeyed'). Sometimes I go to the local club until closing time but I am usually too knackered.

I must be a masochist as I can't wait to get back

Based in Erskine

Bracken (pub) at 11
Walk to the other pub at 12:30 for a pint
Bus at 1:45

The swallow for the post match
Bus home at 6
Pub till the wee hours :))

Zero routine as we never play home games at 3pm on a Saturday anymore.

Hopefully champions league qualification sorts that though

What is people's routines for going to Ibrox?

Mine is usually a pint at the local, early train with a few beers, meet my mate, lunch in the city centre, subway over, hour in the Louden, make a last gasp treck up to the club deck, walk back to the city center after the game for a few pints, train home and depending if I'm off the next day back to the local til shutting time.

Been missing it.
I bet your liver hasn't though.

Part time Loyal like me, same as it was back in the day. Few pints in the Horseshoe, old gits free bus pass to Ibrox, Broomloan and then same after the game, except 900 bus now to Embra instead of the train back to the South side of Glasgow.

Last edited:
Usually pre pub drinks in mine
Pub
Bus
Pub
Game
Pub
Kitchen til the early hours

should it be a saturday game

odd occasion a sunday :))
Same as this, often alongside this chap.

However substitute “kitchen til the early hours”

with

“Having a bowl of soup and watching X factor with Hunter1rfc’s folks cause you got caught talking to them and miss out on a laugh”

Myself and junior dropped off at the Village Hotel around 1. 2 or 3 pints watching the lunchtime game then the 10-15 walk to Ibrox to be there for around 2.15.

Not much difference from the OP
Pint in the local, train about 12 ish 15 minutes into Partick meet up with some old school friends ( we,re all retired) good few beers & then subway,
After the game a pint in the Louden to let the subway queue go down & then back to the local, then a takeaway for me & the wife
I miss it, especially the season we've had.

6 or 8 of us meet in the Imperial in the city centre at 1pm, then the sub way around 2.30pm. Louden post game for an hour, then home. Missing it big time.

Leave the east end of Glasgow early about 12pm and get a parking space on edmiston drive or PRW, grab a Shandy then get my favourite fish n chips wae curry sauce from the fish/chip van on edmiston drive, then walk round the stadium about 3/4 times trying to work it off and speaking to a few bears before heading for MRQ Main Stand, pie at half time and a Rangers win sets up a good night.

Potter about in the morning - usually squaring up the flat, then walk over to the stadium from the west end- takes me about 45 minutes, so leave about an hour before kick off.

5.30am bus
7.30am boat
9.30am dock in Cairnryan
11.30am Glasgow - pub
3pm match
5pm bus back down the road
8pm boat
10pm dock in Larne
Midnight - home or RSC depending on what state I'm in

If it's a Saturday 3pm.....

Meet in Viceroy back of 11 with mates and family.

La Fiorentina for a bite at 12ish.

Head along to the Grapes for about 2.

Leave Grapes about 2.30 and head to the game.

Back in the Grapes after the game.

Don't normally see the bird (no pics) on a matchday, so usually leave the old team in the Grapes about 8.30-9ish and head up the town, with a couple of mates.

I don't drink, so I've got the car with me, which helps to get about later on.

Ramages in Kilbirnie , bus then straight into the Wee Club and depending what the rest of the days plans are sometimes back in to the Wee Club then the Loudon after the game working our way back in to galagow for train home or if not just bus back home and into ramages again

Cab or lift to Bar72 between 12:30 and 13:00.
Crisps for breakfast.
Throw as much Menabrea down my neck as I can before the game at 15:00.
Back into Bar72 for the post match banter, booze and subsequent EPL game on the big screen, until circa 18:15.
Cab or lift back to a local bar for the second half of the EPL game.

If it's a Saturday 3pm.....

Meet in Viceroy back of 11 with mates and family.

La Fiorentina for a bite at 12ish.

Head along to the Grapes for about 2.

Leave Grapes about 2.30 and head to the game.

Back in the Grapes after the game.

Don't normally see the bird (no pics) on a matchday, so usually leave the old team in the Grapes about 8.30-9ish and head up the town, with a couple of mates.

I don't drink, so I've got the car with me, which helps to get about later on.

I don't see any running in that schedule. Some mistake surely. :p:))

Currently it’s long lie in to quarter past 2. Toilet, shower, feed the cat, feed myself. Head for my local - The Kitchen... then put current home top on that I got for Christmas last....is that what happens when you play that Wham song backwards!!
Cheer on the sons of with my son, then head back to my local....

On a serious note. I diff my cap to our brethren across the sea. That’s a day alright. Brilliant lads.
Before lockdown I had to be over at Ibrox for 12:30/12:45 as my son works for Garrion security. I would then pop over to grab an overpriced pint of lager from the Go Glasgow Hotel, meet up with a few pals and watch which ever game was on before going over to the game. Wait for the boy coming out after checking that the same amount of seats are still in the stadium!! The back along the M74 to Uddingston, maybe catch a sneaky few pints in the Olde Club...
Jings I’m really missing that routine...

7.30 train from london. Grapes to see my mates for 12.30, cab to Ibrox at 2.45, lift to glynhill for a pint after the game, taxi to the airport, flight south and home for 11’ish.

Wake up
Showered, fed, etc
Pub for 1 or 2 with mates from bus
Bus
Pub
Bookies
In to ground at 2:45 for a talk to the boys I sit around
Game
Bus back
Pub with Dad/uncles
Bed

Depends if I'm drinking. If I am then it's

Train 1130 from Greenock.
Subway go PRW,
1230 - Pints in whatever pub we decide to go to
1445 - head to the game
1700 - Pub
2000 - Train to Gourock for a couple before heading home.

6am get up shower dress something to eat
7am head to Elgin
7.30am Bus leaves
8am Forres pick ups
9.am Grantown pick ups
10.30am Dunkeld pick up
12.09 Loudan
2.58pm take my seat
4.50pm Loudan
5.30pm bus
10pm arrive Elgin
Pub

Last edited:
Train from Clarkston to town. Very recently jumping for a quick one now that Oswald’s is there then jump the subway to meet everyone in the Swallow (go Glasgow) as early as possible. Time the last pint so I’m walking through the doors about 5 minutes before kick off.

Wake up, coffee- joint
Repeat 3-4 times.
Get lift, piss about the motorway
At Ibrox, get some munchies n fags from
Newspaper shop at Edmunston
Maybe a roll from the van
Enter arena tah hah lol

If it’s a cup game or something crucial I am brutal lol the complete opposite

If the wee mans with us and we don’t take the car it’s usually train to exhibition centre, village hotel for a few pints pre game, stoat up for the game for 3, then back to the village or head back via the city centre.

Train from Bathgate or Armadale, sometimes a mooch around Glasgow City Centre, but more usually get off at Exhibition, stroll across to the Louden for a couple of pints and a sing song, dander up to the stadium for about 2.30pm to have a walk around the stadium, stop at my Dad's brick for a wee mental conversation with him and to ask him to put a word in for us, then in for the game.

Afterwards, depending how I'm feeling either a pint in the Louden then subway back to town for the train, or a walk back to Queen Street and train home.

I live across from The Grapes so usually get upabout about half 11. Roll square, then in for 1230/1 to get the lunchtime kickoff.

Meet pals and then head to Ibrox about half 2. Back to The Grapes, then the Subway over for a curry at Mother India.

Saunter back through Finneston and hopefully get last orders at The Grapes or The Bellrock. If I can still stand

Back