Patterson, Zungu, Bassey, Mebude and Kinnear - Appeals dismissed, original bans stand - Rangers' reaction to appeal decision in the OP

I’m surprised the club hasn’t offered a more robust response as season ticket renewals are out. Last year we were pacified with the “status quo will not hold” chat and then it was quickly forgotten about.

I’ll still renew, but the way we just meekly back down, again, is really disappointing.

Not surprised st all by this.

I like the club statement but what can the club do?

The sfa, spfl clearly treat us differently from all other clubs. If we call them out they just charge us time and time again.

The only way forward for me is to highlight the corruption on a weekly basis, show over and over the refs cheating against us and for them.

I would also advise we have withdrawn all and any support to Scottish football. No away tickets, hit the clubs where it hurts.

No surprise you want to vent your fury at Rangers supporters rather than the SFA/SPFL.
I’m not venting any fury, chum.

I enjoy pointing out hypocrisy.

And anyone who didn’t expect the ban to be upheld was kidding themselves on.

The statement is bang on, in other countries the players just get told to self isolate then get back to playing.

Zero consistency from those administering the game and a heavy bias against our club whilst giving leniency to another.

They are simply not fit for purpose

Does my head on that Clyde when a bear highlights the hypocrisy given no punishment for Dubai they go off on tangents about having beers by the pool not being so bad or whether they were allowed to go or not. That is absolutely nothing to do with it. The fact is they broke covid rules which could clearly be seen in photographs. The police involvement is absolutely irrelevant in our case.

So they miss the QF game, and semis if we go through, plus 2 of the 3 remaining league games and back for the final league game and final, if we go through?

I’m surprised the club hasn’t offered a more robust response as season ticket renewals are out. Last year we were pacified with the “status quo will not hold” chat and then it was quickly forgotten about.

I’ll still renew, but the way we just meekly back down, again, is really disappointing.
We went through due process mate, what else can the club do? We aren't privy to the conversations held.

Surely any competent legal mind could challenge this on the grounds of precedent. We seem to have got our act together in so many areas, surely we have a competent legal team whi could drive a bus through this kak

Surely any competent legal mind could challenge this on the grounds of precedent. We seem to have got our act together in so many areas, surely we have a competent legal team whi could drive a bus through this kak
Why do people keep saying this? We agree to play in the sfa and spfl under their rules.

Where is natural justice in all of this? The five players have been punished three times for their mistake. Got a fixed Penalty Notice from Police Scotland, fined by the club and now suspended by the SFA.
There's not a criminal in the length and breadth of this country that has been punished three times for the same offence whether it's for robbery or assault or whatever.
Quite interesting to read the definition of natural justice. Essentially, natural justice requires that a person receive a fair and unbiased hearing before a decision is made that will negatively affect them. The three main requirements of natural justice that must be met in every case are: adequate notice, fair hearing and no bias.
I very much doubt if our players got a fair hearing from the SFA and there's plenty of evidence of bias against our players and our club by the SFA.
It's yet another scandal that we can do nothing about.

Does my head on that Clyde when a bear highlights the hypocrisy given no punishment for Dubai they go off on tangents about having beers by the pool not being so bad or whether they were allowed to go or not. That is absolutely nothing to do with it. The fact is they broke covid rules which could clearly be seen in photographs. The police involvement is absolutely irrelevant in our case.

They were given clearance for Turkey, and went to Dubai.

It’s the expected outcome really. Just glad we were able to game the system a bit to let Tav recover from his injury and get Patterson a good run of games.

Assuming we win on Sunday, they’ll be back for trophy day. It could be worse.

They were given clearance for Turkey, and went to Dubai.
First I've heard that one. Anyway it's irrelevant to the point. The players breached covid protocols for footballers just like ours did that's the direct comparison.akikg it about whether or not they were allowed to go to Dubai is simply muddying the waters and I think most of them on Clyde are fully aware of what they are doing.

If I considering not renewing a season ticket because we never said stuff in a statement when we’ve just won the league Id maybe think about finding something else to do tbh.

Statement says all it has to say.

There is no chance we were going to declare all out war on this one.

We played the system so Patterson could be available for the tramp Cup tie which we won.

I assume Tav came through last night unscathed and is available for Sunday?

They've already told us nothing is happening about Dubai.
Duffy and not self isolating surely comes into a different category? He came home on a commercial flight into England and was allowed to defy the SI rules.

Patterson should be told in advance he isn't going to the Euros if selected, which I do so hope he's not.

I was raging at them at the time, simply because it might have damaged our progress to the title had they then mixed with the full squad. Now however, when you look at how other players and clubs have been treated this utter nonsense from the SFA is yet another example of our players and the team being victimised. They must be sniggering at Hampden.

Our club, so far as is possible, should give no cooperation whatever to the SFA until the cesspit is cleared out and that won't happen in a hurry. You can't stand in the way of players playing for their country but I hope not to see any Rangers players in a Scotland shirt. F*ck the Euros.

Why do people keep saying this? We agree to play in the sfa and spfl under their rules.

Yes, we do.

We expect the SFA and SPFL to apply these rules fairly. We expect the rules to be implemented consistently and punishments to be even handed.

Do we expect too much?

Farcical, but not unexpected.

We await the Dubai trial. For if nothing comes of that, the SFA is simply treating a whole club completely different to us, and some others. That is - no matter what their boss uttered about the government`s agreement - a clear distortion of competition.

Duffy and not self isolating surely comes into a different category? He came home on a commercial flight into England and was allowed to defy the SI rules.

Patterson should be told in advance he isn't going to the Euros if selected, which I do so hope he's not.

They aren't investigating anything about Dubai, going on and on about it doesn't change it.

If I considering not renewing a season ticket because we never said stuff in a statement when we’ve just won the league Id maybe think about finding something else to do tbh.
The point I was making wasn’t in regards to not saying stuff in a statement.

Last year was a disgusting carve up and we were told that it wouldn’t stand, yet not even 12 months later we are seeing another situation where we are accepting whatever the clowns that run this league decide.

It was a procession to the title this year so there wasn’t much they could do to negatively impact us, but what about next year or in a couple of years if it’s close and they can hurt us by banning our players and not theirs?

As another poster pointed out, perhaps there’s not much we can do about it, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it.

You think Rangers’ response to being fucked over will affect ST numbers?

Anyone using that excuse for not renewing is a screwball.

It won’t happen though.
I think your post is loopy, though.

I think you're agreeing with me here, largely. I contested your initial point that this was playing a system to allow us to have players available for games of our choosing. Then your secondary one that it's fine for there to be escalating punishments because some of our players haven't learned from other player's lessons!

I am not expecting Rangers to raze the place hysterically screaming about injustice. I'm expecting us to act in a professional and measured manner and highlight the discrepancy between the way we are treated and everyone else is.

That we don't hear any public soundbites is just Gerrard being coy after previous incidents where he has been fined for speaking his mind and its caused more of a stir. He's already been asked about Dubai and had a snappy response that suggests it's exactly the angle they're playing behind the scenes.
The

The sfa, spfl clearly treat us differently from all other clubs. If we call them out they just charge us time and time again.

The only way forward for me is to highlight the corruption on a weekly basis, show over and over the refs cheating against us and for them.

I would also advise we have withdrawn all and any support to Scottish football. No away tickets, hit the clubs where it hurts.
They can kick up merry feck about the bias and selective punishments. We are soft as a new borns first shite.

The point I was making wasn’t in regards to not saying stuff in a statement.

Last year was a disgusting carve up and we were told that it wouldn’t stand, yet not even 12 months later we are seeing another situation where we are accepting whatever the clowns that run this league decide.

It was a procession to the title this year so there wasn’t much they could do to negatively impact us, but what about next year or in a couple of years if it’s close and they can hurt us by banning our players and not theirs?

As another poster pointed out, perhaps there’s not much we can do about it, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it.
We need to keep highlighting problems and getting backing because the only way to get change is by votes.
Publicly stating stuff has a part to play but won’t change anything. People put far too much importance in a statement when it’s really just their need for an internet “headshot”.

So the players are now punished 3 times for the same "offence" ? Welcome to the football backwater that is Scottish Football.

Its the same with the media. Individual complaints are a waste of time. You have to prove the bias over a period of time.

Rangers must employ a researcher to gather and present the evidence. Name and shame them with detailed reports proving their bias. If we dont you can expect years more of this treatment.

Back