Pathetic Quality From Castore

I have Rangers shirts 30 years old that were never off my back that look in better condition than some of these pictures i'm seeing on this thread.
Exactly. I've got a Nike drill top that reminds me of Tommy Moller Neilsen that I still wear to kick about the house and it's in perfect condition. Must have been washed literally hundreds of times.

Exactly. I've got a Nike drill top that reminds me of Tommy Moller Neilsen that I still wear to kick about the house and it's in perfect condition. Must have been washed literally hundreds of times.
That's it, they were just better quality and durable. Mine were washed constantly without the fear of being too long or warm a cycle. We actually played football in them too...grass stains the lot.

Judging by a lot of the comments I think people are being slowly conditioned to accept poor quality as normal.

That's it, they were just better quality and durable. Mine were washed constantly without the fear of being too long or warm a cycle. We actually played football in them too...grass stains the lot.

Judging by a lot of the comments I think people are being slowly conditioned to accept poor quality as normal.
Given the cost, I think the quality of a lot of what we got offered is pretty shoddy.

I’ve bought the home and third shirts, navy sweatshirt and snood. All good so far, although I’ve hardly worn the shirts owing to a reluctance to damage them in the wash. For £60 each this isn’t acceptable, particularly when I have worn the Hummel tops more regularly in previous seasons without an anticipation of them being damaged in the wash.
I spoke to soon. The navy training sweatshirt, washed twice as delicates, not tumble dried and the sponsor is peeling away. Just worn it round the house, nothing dramatic and that's happening. Utterly Ridiculous from castore

Admin edit: Since I started this OP, I'm adding this post to my OP rather than creating a new thread.

I appreciate lots of people are delighted with the quality of Castore's Rangers products.
However, I've had the exact opposite experience, sadly.

I returned my home shirt for a full refund at the time because the quality was extremely poor – and my away and third shirts haven't held up well at all.

Please note: I know how to wash football shirts and I've never had a problem with any football gear prior to these Castore ones.

As you can see from the below images, most of the lettering is peeling off both shirts.
The back is the third kit is particularly embarrassing.

The away kit isn't as bad, but the colours of the sponsor have bled, something I've never seen on a football shirt before.

@Greg Marshall , as you were kind enough to chat to me at length about Castore previously, can you share these images with the club/Castore please and ask if this is the quality we should expect?

These two shirts will be going in the bin at the end of the season – but I've got massive concerns about the quality of our future merchandise.
If they make a mess of the 150 anniversary stuff, it'll be unforgivable.

View attachment 1864View attachment 1865View attachment 1866View attachment 1867View attachment 1868View attachment 1869

@Greg Marshall , third time lucky to get a reply to this post hopefully.

Any thoughts on this or can you pass this to the club?

If not, I'll give up and reluctantly accept that it's time for me to give up on Castore and look forward to the end of the deal in four years' time.

Unless there's a huge increase in quality, I fear our fans will continue to be short changed from this merchandising deal.

I appreciate that's it's great for the club financially, but this shouldn't be at the expense of basics like quality.

Nor should our support be ignored.

I will not be buying a thing that has the Mickey Mouse wash off tattoo/badges and sponsors on them ever again.

Same for me mate. Got the new stuff as it was embroidered badges but I'll not be buying any stuff moving forward that isn’t embroidered. My orange training top is pretty much just a standard orange sporting top now with next to no badges or anything on it.

Ive not had any issues with mine or my sons Castore gear but there’s far too many folk that have for it to be ignored.

@Greg Marshall , third time lucky to get a reply to this post hopefully.

Any thoughts on this or can you pass this to the club?

If not, I'll give up and reluctantly accept that it's time for me to give up on Castore and look forward to the end of the deal in four years' time.

Unless there's a huge increase in quality, I fear our fans will continue to be short changed from this merchandising deal.

I appreciate that's it's great for the club financially, but this shouldn't be at the expense of basics like quality.

Nor should our support be ignored
I would recommend that anyone who is having issues contacts concierge@rangersstore.co.uk in the first instance.

Same for me mate. Got the new stuff as it was embroidered badges but I'll not be buying any stuff moving forward that isn’t embroidered. My orange training top is pretty much just a standard orange sporting top now with next to no badges or anything on it.
I hope, and expect, that next season the crest/badges will be embroidered, like the Retro Kit hopefully. Personally I’d ditch the stars and wording inside the shirts as it’s pointless in any case. With the best will in the World though, that will not be the case with the sponsors logos. As I’ve said in the past, I’ve Adidas stuff with the same issues re. plastic badges. It’s not peculiar to Castore. Maybe they need to use superglue to stick them on.:confused:

I would recommend that anyone who is having issues contacts concierge@rangersstore.co.uk in the first instance.

OK, thanks.

As Greg says, contact this address if you’re continuing to have Castore problems.

But please continue to mention it on FF, too – our support deserves better and unacceptable quality should be highlighted.

I'm way past the age where I would be wearing any football tops and/or sportswear but Rangers gear is something I would readily buy as gifts for family members, as I have done frequently in the past.
However, the standard of goods being described on here is nothing short of fucking shocking, and should be a huge source of embarrassment to the club. Even worse is the apparent reluctance of Castore to address the concerns.
No way would I part with any readies as long as this situation exists And I imagine others have formed the same opinion.
For Rangers FC totolerate this situation for so long is an absolute disgrace.
I asked a number of days ago if the SLO was aware of the situation. I may be reading things wrongly but it would appear to me from above that he has been made aware but still the situation exists with no sign of any resolution.
In my humble opinion the SLO should be booting in doors to get this resolved before it gets any worse.

I'm way past the age where I would be wearing any football tops and/or sportswear but Rangers gear is something I would readily buy as gifts for family members, as I have done frequently in the past.
However, the standard of goods being described on here is nothing short of fucking shocking, and should be a huge source of embarrassment to the club. Even worse is the apparent reluctance of Castore to address the concerns.
No way would I part with any readies as long as this situation exists And I imagine others have formed the same opinion.
For Rangers FC totolerate this situation for so long is an absolute disgrace.
I asked a number of days ago if the SLO was aware of the situation. I may be reading things wrongly but it would appear to me from above that he has been made aware but still the situation exists with no sign of any resolution.
In my humble opinion the SLO should be booting in doors to get this resolved before it gets any worse.
I've had my my run ins with SLO in the past regards other stuff but tbf not sure he has the power to boot doors in. Im sure that he will have reported back the complaints he's received and that the board will be aware of the feelings of those that have had a bad experience with Castore. Those that feel that strongly and dont feel SLO is being listened to by the club need to contact James Bisgrove as he is in charge of all things commercial

I'm always confused why people are so keen to jump to castores defence, often blaming the person with faulty goods.

Castore have made a killing out of this partnership. In my own personal experience (friends and family) around 30% of the products they have made have had some issue. (some small. Like the inside labels coming off and some big like the sponsor logo coming off the front and making the top look like shit). I can honestly say that I have never had any issue with any other sportswear even after years of wear, and the same group of people I refer to above are the same.

I appreciate castore pulled this together short notice blah blah blah. Fans want to know if the issue will be resolved for next seasons kits. Have castore made any promises to the club that the quality will improve, its not improved on the recent gear that's been released.

Contacting the concierge is fine for a wee issue here or there. But they aren't the people dealing with next seasons gear.

Ive spent upwards of £500 this season, I won't be buying the new seasons stuff until I know the quality is improved. It needs to be in the clubs interest to resolve this issue or we will continue to receive the same poor quality as before.

I'm always confused why people are so keen to jump to castores defence, often blaming the person with faulty goods.

Castore have made a killing out of this partnership. In my own personal experience (friends and family) around 30% of the products they have made have had some issue. (some small. Like the inside labels coming off and some big like the sponsor logo coming off the front and making the top look like shit). I can honestly say that I have never had any issue with any other sportswear even after years of wear, and the same group of people I refer to above are the same.

I appreciate castore pulled this together short notice blah blah blah. Fans want to know if the issue will be resolved for next seasons kits. Have castore made any promises to the club that the quality will improve, its not improved on the recent gear that's been released.

Contacting the concierge is fine for a wee issue here or there. But they aren't the people dealing with next seasons gear.

Ive spent upwards of £500 this season, I won't be buying the new seasons stuff until I know the quality is improved. It needs to be in the clubs interest to resolve this issue or we will continue to receive the same poor quality as before.

That’s a good, balanced post.

It would be good to know that we can look forward to the rest of the partnership not having the quality issues.

I'll buy a top next year. I'll make sure I keep a receipt. If it starts falling to bits, as I'm expecting it to, I'll take my refund and won't buy until the deal is done.

It's absolutely gutting that after so long waiting to go to town buying loads of Rangers gear we are served up with this, and I'm back to not buying again. It's not simply the poor quality of an item, it's the behaviour and the response and the thought of being taken for a ride. Everything I have bought has fell to shit.

That’s a good, balanced post.

It would be good to know that we can look forward to the rest of the partnership not having the quality issues.
This coming season merchandise if the same issues persist I'm out after that as far as Castore are concerned. There was mitigating circumstances this season Pandemic, shorter time frame to get kit ready etc etc. But those excuses are used up for me.

Admin edit: Since I started this OP, I'm adding this post to my OP rather than creating a new thread.

I appreciate lots of people are delighted with the quality of Castore's Rangers products.
However, I've had the exact opposite experience, sadly.

I returned my home shirt for a full refund at the time because the quality was extremely poor – and my away and third shirts haven't held up well at all.

Please note: I know how to wash football shirts and I've never had a problem with any football gear prior to these Castore ones.

As you can see from the below images, most of the lettering is peeling off both shirts.
The back is the third kit is particularly embarrassing.

The away kit isn't as bad, but the colours of the sponsor have bled, something I've never seen on a football shirt before.

@Greg Marshall , as you were kind enough to chat to me at length about Castore previously, can you share these images with the club/Castore please and ask if this is the quality we should expect?

These two shirts will be going in the bin at the end of the season – but I've got massive concerns about the quality of our future merchandise.
If they make a mess of the 150 anniversary stuff, it'll be unforgivable.

View attachment 1864View attachment 1865View attachment 1866View attachment 1867View attachment 1868View attachment 1869
I don't have permission to open the pics :confused:

If the tops drop to £20 or so the next few weeks then I will buy one to see if it goes the same way of my Black and Orange top and if it does then I am done with Castore.

My tracksuit bottoms that came with the a of castore missing (which castore didn’t seem bothered about and I just kept them because I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle). Now the wings are starting to peel off. It’s really hit and miss with their stuff. Some good some terrible. The own branded castore stuff I’ve had is excellent. @Greg Marshall i think you mentioned a while back the military discount would be extended to online and not just in store. Has there been any movement on this? I get 20% Castore on branded gear no problem online but it’s the Rangers stuff I want. Thanks

Speak for yourself. My stuff is fantastic quality.
I’ve got Nike and Adidas football tops, even before logos started falling off there’s a marked difference in quality.

The white away is the only item with a quality feel to it, shame my Castore logo peeled off it.

And they need to ditch Hermes as a courier. How those useless fucks are still in business I'll never know.

Been waiting all week for them to deliver my son's 3rd top - delay after problem after failed attempt

I hope, and expect, that next season the crest/badges will be embroidered, like the Retro Kit hopefully. Personally I’d ditch the stars and wording inside the shirts as it’s pointless in any case. With the best will in the World though, that will not be the case with the sponsors logos. As I’ve said in the past, I’ve Adidas stuff with the same issues re. plastic badges. It’s not peculiar to Castore. Maybe they need to use superglue to stick them on.:confused:

is there any other players and coaches kits that are falling apart regular for adidas ect on national tv,training pictures ect

its nothing but a fuiking embarrassment

150th anniversary coming up and some of this stuff looks like it has been bought from turkish street traders

Castore has made millions from us this season. Millions.

The fact they are still churning out cheap tat, doesn’t bode well for our 150th celebrations.

There’s no excuses this year.

The club need to up their game next season with the souvenir and memorabilia products. Excluding the champions 55 merchandise there's only 24 items on sale and six of them are sold out. Hopefully the club shop will have more items on sale.

is there any other players and coaches kits that are falling apart regular for adidas ect on national tv,training pictures ect

its nothing but a fuiking embarrassment

150th anniversary coming up and some of this stuff looks like it has been bought from turkish street traders
I’ve no idea mate. I don’t scrutinise them. As with all my comments on the kit/clothing stuff I caveat it with the rider that it’s only my own experience. The Adidas trackies I have (three pairs) are shit. The three Castore items I have are great. The Retro shirt has been washed 33 times now, once after every match for which it’s been worn and it could pass for new. Others can recount notably different experiences.

Got the orange training top a month or so ago. Having to return it already. Sponsor peeling off.

The quality is shoddy. No two ways about it.

Better never stops eh? They need to up their game big time.

I’ve no idea mate. I don’t scrutinise them. As with all my comments on the kit/clothing stuff I caveat it with the rider that it’s only my own experience. The Adidas trackies I have (three pairs) are shit. The three Castore items I have are great. The Retro shirt has been washed 33 times now, once after every match for which it’s been worn and it could pass for new. Others can recount notably different experiences.
The retro shirt is embroidered though mate, it’s items with printed logos which appear to have the problems

I’ve Castore golf gear and it’s superb but the material is far better than the football range

My personal fear is that if they do add a premiership club to their portfolio, Newcastle for example, the quality will if anything be worse as coping with demand has always been an issue and more demand will exasperate this

Last edited:
The retro shirt is embroidered though mate, it’s items with printed logos which appear to have the problems

I’ve Castore golf gear and it’s superb but the material is far better than the football range

My personal fear is that if the do at a premiership club to their portfolio, Newcastle for example, the quality will if anything be worse as coping with demand has always been an issue and more demand will exasperate this
I’d like to think the the badges will be embroidered next season but, as I’ve said earlier, that’s not going to be the case with sponsors logo. Superglue is the answer.:)

I decided to go for some of the Castore golf items as I got some money off and wanted to compare the relative quality. In short, they are very nice and Castore seem to say that their items have a two year guarantee. Will see how they hold up I suppose. Next year will be massive for their Rangers line and they will rightly take beating if the quality is anything like last year.

Hey, there must be somebody on here who knows Jimmy Bell. Most of us are banging on about the quality of the kit, for good or bad, on the back of buying a handful of items. Jimmy must have thousands of items coming through the place all the time. His views would be interesting I suspect.

I guess what I'm saying is that nobody will know better than Rangers, via Jimmy, what sort of percentage of the kit is sub-standard.

Last edited:
I've had my my run ins with SLO in the past regards other stuff but tbf not sure he has the power to boot doors in. Im sure that he will have reported back the complaints he's received and that the board will be aware of the feelings of those that have had a bad experience with Castore. Those that feel that strongly and dont feel SLO is being listened to by the club need to contact James Bisgrove as he is in charge of all things commercial

For what it's worth, I don't have any bones to pick with the SLO , I've never met the guy, and I've heard he's sorted other things out to people's satisfaction, but an SLO should be all over this - every morning if need be - making sure that the message is getting though to those responsible. From what I'm reading nobody has owned this, either within the club or within Castore. Somebody at the club must be the liason person with Castore and they're seriously needing their ear chewed. All I'm seeing on here is the premier football club in Scotland consistently letting down it's loyal fan base, and - even worse - in no hurry to allay fears that the situation will drag on and on.
If this was happening at the Knew Camp we would - correctly - be ripping the piss right out of them mercilessly.

BTW, no doubt like numerous other Bluenoses, I have a collection of Rangers shirts going back 40 years and not a single one of them has any issues with lettering etc, coming off.)

Back