Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter really need to win this one, not sure they’ll fancy being 8 points ahead with five to play when one of them are Juve.

Juve also need to get some corners for my bet.

Juve draw 1-1
Inter win 1-0, Darmian popping up with the winning goal for the second time in two weeks.

13 points ahead, inter 5 to play - milan 6 to play.

It’s close.

Last edited:
Pirlo needs binned that juventus side is chronic.
I think he will, I must admit all season I thought they’d persevere with him after making a Noel Hunt of Sari’s departure.

However, the tweet I posted earlier read like he’ll be gone if they don’t make the CL which is a real possibility.

Well, I'm taking cover from the fall-out in here.

Anyway, Sunday's games saw victories for Udinese, Inter, Cagliari and Atalanta whilst the game in Florence saw a draw between Fiorentina and Juventus.

Cagliari's 3-2 win over actually lifts them out the relegation zone and puts Benevento in trouble as things stand - an incredible revival from Gli Isolani these past 3 rounds of fixtures.

Atalanta's thumping 5-0 win over Bologna made up for their poor finishing last midweek in Rome and sees them into second place for the time being.

Inter grind out the 1-0 win at home to Verona and get back on track towards the Scudetto. They are in fact unbeaten in the league since losing at Sampdoria back on January 6th.

Juve's ever-fading hopes of a (highly unlikely) tenth-consecutive title are all but over after that draw with Fiorentina.

Sunday's results;

Benevento 2-4 Udinese
Fiorentina 1-1 Juventus
Inter 1-0 Verona
Cagliari 3-2 Roma
Atalanta 5-0 Bologna

Tonight sees the conclusion of round 33 with the final 2 games.

The early evening game has Torino welcoming Napoli up north. The Bulls are in the relegation mix but are unbeaten in their last four games which includes crebile results in a draw with city rivals Juve and a win over Roma. However Napoli come here off the back of a 5-2 home win against Lazio last Thursday night and once again looking to get into that top four again with another win here.

The evening game sees two big names clash at the Olimpico in Rome with Lazio playing host to Milan. Lazio will be smarting from that 5-2 defeat at Napoli and a win here would put some distance between them and neighbours Roma for the EL spots. Milan come here looking to keep their very faint title hopes alive with a win here. If they are successful tonight, they'll retake 2nd place from Atalanta.

Tonight's games,

Torino v Napoli 5.30pm
Lazio v Milan 7.45pm

1-0 Lazio, Milan have a decent chance within 20 seconds and then Lazio break as Correa rounds the keeper and slots it in.

Donnaruma actually dives the wrong way, that’s incredible.

2-0 Brilliant finish from Correa, runs through and could slip in Immobile but opts to stand up Tomori before shuffling it to the right and leathering it top bin.

We’ve gone to VAR now, for a free kick on Hakan. Would be very harsh to rule this one out.

Edit: on the replay I think it could have been ruled out, but it’s given.

I would love it if Juve missed out on CL. Imagine Ronaldo traveling to Qarabag FK (as if he'd stay).
Would rather they went into the EC, which is a possibility!.

I’d want Milan to finish 4th because a poster was arguing with me saying there’s nothing to suggest they wouldn’t win the league.

It was in one of our Europa League draw threads, and I really am that petty :))

Inter
Atalanta
Napoli
Milan
Lazio
Juve

Would be ideal

Just got premier at half price, selected the cancel option on my account and they offered me that.

Heads up for others :))

This is the week the Scudetto could be sealed, if Inter win and Atalanta drop points then the Nerazurri will have sealed their first title in ten years.

Inter take on Crotone today @ 17:00

Verona play Spezia @14:00
Milan go up against Benevento as they try to get back into the CL places 19:45

Inter -1
BTTS
Milan.

Atalanta take on Sassuolo tomorrow, so there is a chance they’ll drop points but most likely the league will will be won at home to Samp.

Incidentally, I have completely forgotten that the Europa Conference League kicks off next season therefore Italy will have 8 European representatives.

Roma currently occupy 7th and the Conference place, however, if have this right Sassualo could be taking that considering that Atalanta and Juve will contest the Coppa - then the EL spot will pass down?

Suppose you could also have Roma pull off the impossible against Man U and go on to win the Europa too B-D:shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back