Pathetic Quality From Castore

I’ve backed Castore a lot this season but just got my champions top and there’s a rip in the sleeve. Can’t replace it and just need to apply for a refund. Even the stitching of the Castore badge looks poor!

I’ve backed Castore a lot this season but just got my champions top and there’s a rip in the sleeve. Can’t replace it and just need to apply for a refund. Even the stitching of the Castore badge looks poor!
That's not good.

Did you get an order confirmation, and order number from them ? I didn't. I sent them an email first thing yesterday morning but heard nothing back so far.

That's not good.

Did you get an order confirmation, and order number from them ? I didn't. I sent them an email first thing yesterday morning but heard nothing back so far.

I got a pre order email when I first placed the order and the order number was on the receipt in the bag.
The order number isn’t recognized when going on the Castore returns page (which they encourage you to go on from paperwork in the bag) but I think it is acknowledged on the rangers orders address which should be on our receipt on the bag.
I think I’m just going to have to try take it to a tailor to sew it back together as it’s the white trim on the sleeve that’s come lose.

I got a pre order email when I first placed the order and the order number was on the receipt in the bag.
The order number isn’t recognized when going on the Castore returns page (which they encourage you to go on from paperwork in the bag) but I think it is acknowledged on the rangers orders address which should be on our receipt on the bag.
I think I’m just going to have to try take it to a tailor to sew it back together as it’s the white trim on the sleeve that’s come lose.
I didn't sign up with Castore and just went with paypal as a guest. Should still have got an order number. Didn't get an invoice in the bag either. Just a waiting game now. I sent a picture of the shirt and screen grabs of my order/payment. Cheers.

Last edited:
Moving their headquarters to Manchester.

"My brother and I are born and bred on Merseyside and we co-founded Castore together, we're based in Liverpool and are proud to be based there.

Phil Beahon said: "We are delighted to be moving to Manchester and opening Castore House as our global HQ in the city.

Just a quick update on this. I emailed them soon after I posted this with my order number and picture of the damage.
They are sending me a replacement immediately. Didn’t expect anything so very happy with that and can’t complain about that for customer services.

Mate, shut up with this nonsense. You're at it on every thread going about Castore

Give it a break since you are well aware what you're saying isn't true.

How is it not true? Fans are paying top dollar for inferior products. If that isn't the very definition of being ripped off, then what is Batman?

If you don't like hearing it or reading it, block me! Simples

How is it not true? Fans are paying top dollar for inferior products. If that isn't the very definition of being ripped off, then what is Batman?

If you don't like hearing it or reading it, block me! Simples

No one thinks its right that people have had a poor experience with their products. However, as noted before on this thread anything with castore in the thread title has the likes of you and other posters constantly jumping in and going mental making daft statements like yours I quoted. #

Loads and loads of fans have had a totally fine experience with them, myself included, but this is all lost in the noise and nonsense yourself and other like to create in these threads.

How is it not true? Fans are paying top dollar for inferior products.

Nobody can deny the school jumpers episode was very poor. The school jumpers were nowhere near the full price of the sportswear and preyed on people just wanting to get their family a Rangers present.

At the Rangers store right now an adult can get the very same training and travel outfits as the players for £10-21 an item depending on what it is.

A school age childs shirt and shorts comes in at £21

What more would you like, currently ?

In a way I do hope they get the deals with Newcastle and wolves, then they’ll be exposed.

Then again, by focusing on the EPL then we will truly get pish quality gear
Exposed by Newcastle fans? You joking mate? They practically give fat Ashley a Kings chair wearing his tat while moaning about him.

So I received an email today from Rangers Store about the three Champions shirts I'd purchased and have now been refunded on two of these with the other just needing to be returned when it turns up (its already with Royal Mail for delivery).

They also said not to return the one shirt I have so far received after showing pictures of the faults in my email which was pretty decent too I thought.

Would much prefer to be £200+ down here though with three quality shirts

I ordered my son a few bits and bobs as he's starting to get the bug (he's 6). got him a training top and the white away shirt, along with a couple of trinkets like a bag, pencil case and water bottle. The water bottle was completed faded and the RFC crest was barely visible, was as if it had been scratched off, so I sent an email, said it wasn't a major issue as it's only a bottle, but would appreciate a replacement.

They sent a replacement, and it's worse than the first one! :p

Again, not a huge issue but surely there's a quality check on these things before they get shipped?

No one thinks its right that people have had a poor experience with their products. However, as noted before on this thread anything with castore in the thread title has the likes of you and other posters constantly jumping in and going mental making daft statements like yours I quoted. #

Loads and loads of fans have had a totally fine experience with them, myself included, but this is all lost in the noise and nonsense yourself and other like to create in these threads.

I have ordered 3 times from Castore, each with multiple items in the order. Each order has came with something wrong with it.

Good for you if you’ve had impeccable service from them, but I, like many other bears haven’t. If reading about Castore’s failures upsets you so much, maybe you shouldn’t open the thread.

I have ordered 3 times from Castore, each with multiple items in the order. Each order has came with something wrong with it.

Good for you if you’ve had impeccable service from them, but I, like many other bears haven’t. If reading about Castore’s failures upsets you so much, maybe you shouldn’t open the thread.

Or maybe you could post once on one Castore thread instead of the same nonsense over and over and over and over on every Castore thread.

Or maybe you could post once on one Castore thread instead of the same nonsense over and over and over and over on every Castore thread.

Sorry, I must have missed the memo when you became an admin.

People are entitled to their opinion. If you think it’s too much then report it using the correct method instead of coming on here and derailing a thread, exactly what you are accusing @Captain_Buns of doing.

Sorry, I must have missed the memo when you became an admin.

People are entitled to their opinion. If you think it’s too much then report it using the correct method instead of coming on here and derailing a thread, exactly what you are accusing @Captain_Buns of doing.

Right you are.

You're on this thread as much as anyone so I can only assume you see the same posts as me.

Probably easier to let those ones go though as its something you agree with instead of digging them up for derailing threads as you've done with me.

I’ve tried defending them but unfortunately, they just are not up to the job. Our kits on the face of it look decent but the quality and customer service just isn’t there.

I ordered one of the toddler away kits months ago, along with a rain jacket for my wee girl. The jacket turned up but no full away kit for my little one. I emailed them and received a snotty email back saying they’d resend it (how can you resend something you never sent?!) The paperwork etc inside the pack had the item on there too. When they tried to put it through they must’ve seen they were out of stock and then followed that up with another email to ask if I wanted a credit note, refund or another item. There was no apology and it was pretty amateurish. I can handle that in fairness. What I don’t like is the radio silence from Castore or Rangers telling us that Better Will Start. For the money our fans are shelling out, we really do deserve better.

Seen a few Bears saying they're glad they sized up on their tops. I'm thinking my xl will be too small when it eventually arrives, is it easy to exchange for an xxl? Can it be done at the shop?

#Lockdownbellyloyal :oops:

And STILL not the slightest sign that the club are treating this seriously.
Bisgrove’s answer to the NI media today when asked about Castore’s quality was very weak.

Indeed.
He makes it sound like it was a problem in the early days of the deal and the number affected was very low.

No recognition whatsoever that this is an ongoing problem and there has been no improvement whatsoever from Castore.

I was in batch 1 and received my shirt on Tuesday. It looks fine, and I'm framing it so not concerned about washing it.
My kid is in batch 2 and plans on wearing his, so I think I might advise him to cancel the order before it arrives just in case (he's not had any word about delivery yet).
He lives in Minnesota, and I don't think he would go through the hassle of returning it if it started getting damaged in the wash (he just throws all his shirts in without paying much attention to washing instructions).
Will he still have time to cancel, and could someone advise me how to?

Last edited:
I was in batch 1 and received my shirt on Tuesday. It looks fine, and I'm framing it so not concerned about washing it.
My kid is in batch 2 and plans on wearing his, so I think I might advise him to cancel the order before it arrives just in case.
He lives in Minnesota, and I don't think he would go through the hassle of returning it if it started getting damaged in the wash (he just throws all his shirts in without paying much attention to washing instructions).

I tried to cancel after seeing the state of them and they said I can't as its already been processed by the warehouse. I've to wait for delivery then return.

My kid is in batch 2 and plans on wearing his, so I think I might advise him to cancel the order before it arrives just in case (he's not had any word about delivery yet).

Best best probably is to try emailing concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

As an aside, for anyone that gets an order confirmation email, they can't even get their own email address right. They have concierge@rangerstore.co.uk.

What did he say

Going back to the start of the season, there was a quick turnaround with Castore to produce the required volumes of kits. It is well documented and known that there have been issues with product quality and teething problems with the Castore partnership. Sales have been excellent, the fans have contributed but as from your perspective as commercial director and from discussions with Castore, are you satisfied that the correct operation is now in place so that the fans will see a marked difference and the early issues and frustrations will not be repeated into our landmark 150th anniversary season?

JB – “It is a fair question – I’m confident and assured that what we experienced in the early days of the partnership with having to operate and launch a full range of kit and training wear in 2-3 month window, during a pandemic, will not be repeated.”

“It’s not an excuse, Rangers and Castore’s standards are high but on a few occasions, those standards were not met.”

“The situation we are in now is different, as well as Castore having a full understanding of the demand which they acknowledged that they underestimated.”

“I feel very assured and confident that into next season the launch of the new kits and training wear, as well as the designs, will be very well received by the Rangers support.”

Just my opinion.

My Orange training top is ruined, Castore label on the back of the neck has just about vanished.

My Grey training top has no unibet on the shoulder.

All 3 tops ie Home, Away and Third kits have been ok thus far, except our 3rd kit has some letters on the inside of the collar that have came off.

Moving forward Castore really have to get things right going into next season.

I emailed rangers store last night and cancelled my Champions top order due in June’s 2nd batch. Got an email back saying refund on the way. Too many examples of poor quality and by the time my £70 top (inc delivery) comes the season is well finished and the new stuff will be coming out.

Cancelled a batch 2 shirt no problem today via concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

Only those already with Royal Mail for delivery will require returning

Cancelled a batch 2 shirt no problem today via concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

Only those already with Royal Mail for delivery will require returning

I just Emailed them about cancelling the order before it is dispatched, and just got an automatic reply telling me how to return an order once it gets here.
I replied to that but don't think it will do any good unless it gets to an actual human (a Rangers supporting one preferably).

Obviously someone on the admin is pro Castore as my post about frustrations of getting kits for my children's birthdays has been chopped. I live in London, I want my children to support Rangers. Not being able to buy their size since November is a huge disappointment. Amateur. They are 4-6, even Leyton Orient have kits I could buy at that age if I wanted to.

Obviously someone on the admin is pro Castore as my post about frustrations of getting kits for my children's birthdays has been chopped. I live in London, I want my children to support Rangers. Not being able to buy their size since November is a huge disappointment. Amateur. They are 4-6, even Leyton Orient have kits I could buy at that age if I wanted to.

No, mate, I deleted it because it's a relatively small issue, albeit one you're passionate about, and the content didn't merit the sensationalist "Shame On You, Castore" thread title.

In my opinion, it detracted from the bigger, wider issues being highlighted in this thread.

Back