Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
£8m from Newcastle apparently.
For a centre back on a 12 month deal now essentially, who has had a poor season and looks like he can be got at defensively - they should snap their fcuking hands off for £8mil and run for their lives.

Would be unbelievable business for that player in the current circumstances.

Who is reporting £8mil? Friendly journo at the Record or somewhere?

It's going to take a fortune to overhaul them and if Eddie gets the job and fcks it,it could set them back for years
It’s a huge gamble, but these things always are, we have seen both sides, we had an absolute disaster with Pedro, an expensive one. Then the total opposite with Gerrard.

Let’s hope whoever their new manager is gets lots of cash and buys more Barkas type players.

The writer’s premise that COVID will depress transfer fees is 100% correct. That will be a problem for both clubs. But, if we are able to somehow get into the CL group stage, we won’t require to sell many, if indeed any, players. Doesn’t mean we won’t, but hopefully any sales could be reinvested rather than used to balance the books.
They have a massive rebuilding job, how they fund that could be a problem.

I just can’t see Howe being any good at the piggery. He has been at a club that doesn’t get upset when they lost to their biggest rivals, never mind losing to Ross County. The players he recruits will be championship level at best, and he won’t attract anyone of international standards by calling them saying “Hi it’s Eddie Howe here.” ( Unlike if Stevie G calls.) Most players would have to ask their agent who it was that called.
I still maintain Clarke will turn up there. Fingers crossed for either.

Screenshot-20210502-135603.jpg

This is all they have left, we have finally broken them completely B-D

Fill yer boots with these: the hurt, the seethe, the acceptance. Oh and the Masonic refs as always.

the refereeing does impact the game....that sending off would not be given against the huns....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complacent, bloated, unprofessional, gutless, inept, shameful.
Thank God Olivier Ntcham is coming back to put that all right.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Their players have been virtually assaulting players this season and getting away with it. We’ve been absolutely dire, but the referees have aided and abetted them all season with dirty tricks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like the last time a team was going for 10iar. Funny, that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Kennedy so far tae eff away from the club as possible. Finishing with no striker , bringing MJ on when no match sharpness, done the same at tannadice with Forrest.
Very lucky we didn’t get hit fir 5 or 6
-----------------------------------------------
Did petrov play for us or them? So far up their hole its ridiculous. "Boydy" eff off
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bain - 4- Rotten
Kenny - 2 - Below Rotten
Ajer - 7- Carried the ball out of defence nicely.
Welsh - 5 - Limited
Taylor - 4 - Limited but just above rotten
Brown - 4 -nutmegged and finished. Sad to see.
Turnbull - 5.5 -needs to run once in a while and get out of 1st gear.
Forrest. 5 - The usual against the huns
Elyounoussi - 6
Edouard 6 - Scored and didn't do much else
McGregor - 4 - Idiot

TonesBhoy96
28 min. ago#10
Kenny is honestly the worst right back I’ve seen play for Celtic in my lifetime.

Bain is the worst keeper I’ve ever seen play so many games for celtic.

This is probably the worst season in my lifetime if you consider what was on the line and how effin awful we’ve been.

Dislike
are you here for the game boys, piebochan, CPBX, brigadesdg, LarssonKOK7 like this post

The bitter sting of Timmy tears.

LambertandButler
4 min. ago#15783
Tom English on the radio campaigning for Lawell to be kept about to "consult" with all his "experience".

The level of sycophancy and cheerleading for this guy in the media doesn't quite reach Murray levels but it's close.

Double Agent English on fine form again this afternoon with the trolling.

For a centre back on a 12 month deal now essentially, who has had a poor season and looks like he can be got at defensively - they should snap their fcuking hands off for £8mil and run for their lives.

Would be unbelievable business for that player in the current circumstances.

Who is reporting £8mil? Friendly journo at the Record or somewhere?

One thing for sure , he won't get freekicks in the box in England for flinging himself to the ground faking injury like the two he got today.

32 min. ago#2644
Has to work on his game big time .

Poggibonsi

32 min. ago#2645
He’s a good player but slow as a week in jail. Definitely one to keep but I’d still be looking for much better quality. We need much more pace middle to front

Michael Collins

30 min. ago#2646
Terrible performance summed up my missing a sitter at one end and then failing to track Roofe at the other end for their third goal.

Was walking by the end of the game, would be seriously concerned if we were pinning our future hopes on him.

Squad player at best at the moment.

Baggio
14 min. ago#2647
He has talent but his lack of mobility is going to hold him back.

His decision making is also really poor. Whether thats systematic or just down to him we’ll see in years to come.
pedrok
12K3,849
12 min. ago#2648
Needs to work hard over the summer, but, like the rest of him, if I never see him in a Celtic shirt again, I won't lose sleep.

TheMaestro
11 min. ago#2649
shampoo again.
kelbhoy
9 min. ago#2650
Not been able to see the player that everyone else does, don't rate him at all. Always looks to slow.

Even Zidane is getting it tight today.

T
32 min. ago#2644
Has to work on his game big time .

Poggibonsi

32 min. ago#2645
He’s a good player but slow as a week in jail. Definitely one to keep but I’d still be looking for much better quality. We need much more pace middle to front

Michael Collins

30 min. ago#2646
Terrible performance summed up my missing a sitter at one end and then failing to track Roofe at the other end for their third goal.

Was walking by the end of the game, would be seriously concerned if we were pinning our future hopes on him.

Squad player at best at the moment.

Baggio
14 min. ago#2647
He has talent but his lack of mobility is going to hold him back.

His decision making is also really poor. Whether thats systematic or just down to him we’ll see in years to come.
pedrok
12K3,849
12 min. ago#2648
Needs to work hard over the summer, but, like the rest of him, if I never see him in a Celtic shirt again, I won't lose sleep.

TheMaestro
11 min. ago#2649
shampoo again.
kelbhoy
9 min. ago#2650
Not been able to see the player that everyone else does, don't rate him at all. Always looks to slow.

Even Zidane is getting it tight today.
Turnball?

Bain - 4- Rotten
Kenny - 2 - Below Rotten
Welsh - 5 - Limited
Forrest. 5 - The usual against Rangers
Elyounoussi - 6
McGregor - 4 - Idiot

This squad required a total re build. Some of these players will never make it. For me the worst is the 2 fullback positions. Taylor and Kenny are just awful and offer absolutely nothing going forward, in fact they are both a hindrance if anything. This is depressing to say the least.

Bain - 4- Rotten
Kenny - 2 - Below Rotten
Welsh - 5 - Limited
Forrest. 5 - The usual against Rangers
Elyounoussi - 6
McGregor - 4 - Idiot

This squad required a total re build. Some of these players will never make it. For me the worst is the 2 fullback positions. Taylor and Kenny are just awful and offer absolutely nothing going forward, in fact they are both a hindrance if anything. This is depressing to say the least.
Aye Ajer who got done completely by Roofe at his first, who ducked out of the way or our second and was marking no-one (and failed to attack the cross) for Roofe's second. Brilliant performance from their £40m man.

My favourite so far(probably because I was worried about this myself)

“Even after the season we have had, I had the slightest hope that the management and players would rise to the occasion, just this once, just to give us something, just for their own pride, and instead, it was even worse.”

Beautiful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back