Lazio v Genoa 11.30am
Bologna v Fiorentina 2pm
Napoli v Cagliari 2pm
Sassuolo v Atalanta 2pm
Udinese v Juventus 5pm
Sampdoria v Roma 7.45pm

*too drunk to write a proper preview :shh:
Lightweight

Time flies, would have put money on Vlahovic but I got lost due to us beating the dark side, I would love him at Rangers.

£1.5m they paid, absolute bargain - first player 22 or under to score 17 since Vucinic 16 years ago?. He’ll probably hit 20.

The best league in the world starts back tonight.

Fancy Inter for the title this year as they've retained Conte, some players and signed Hakimi. Still lacking in squad depth and losing Tonali to their rivals was criminal.

Tonight's games
Fiorentina v Torino 5PM
Veron v Roma 7:45PM.

Fiorentina opened last season with a thrilling match against Napoli, this wont be as exciting as Torino generally depend on Belotti to even be competent. Verona are solid defensively and well organised, Roma have lost Kolorov and have yet to replace an ageing Dzeko. Zaniolo out for a while with his second ACL injury is a blow, he's only a kid and is their playmaker.

2-1 Fiorentina and 1-0 Roma IMO.
Called it.

Fonseca leaving at the end of the season, not surprised because Roma are an awful team but he’s probably doing about as well as can be expected.

Conte, Mourinho and Gattuso next season, hopefully Allegri pitches up somewhere too then we have some top pragmatists next season!.

Full card of Serie B games,

Balotelii not even in the Monza starting 11, few goals in the other games only 20 mins in.

Round 35 is upon us this weekend and whilst Inter are officially i campioni, plenty of business remains at both ends of the table in terms of European prospects as well as the basement battles.

Saturday serves up four games for us. The two afternoon games see Spezia host Napoli and Udinese welcome Bologna. Spezia have been struggling of late and find themselves in the relegation saga - currently sitting 16th and a mere three points ahead of Benevento in 18th. For Napoli, a draw from the jaws of victory was a big blow for a CL spot, so an away win wouldn't go amiss here (yes, I'm biased!).

The other afternoon game between Udinese and Bologna doesn't have too much on the line other than the sides pushing to get a top-10 finish. The sides are on equal points, sitting in 11th and 12th respectively but Udinese have the better goal difference here.

Early evening and the new champions Inter take to the field at the San Siro as they host Sampdoria. Not a great deal riding on this one now but who knows? Samp might fancy playing party poopers here or are i nerazzurri going to stamp their authority as the new Kings of Italy? Interestingly enough, Sampdoria were the last side to beat Inter on league business - that win coming back on January 6th.

For the evening game, we have an intriguing fixture between two of the bigger names in Italian football as Lazio travel up to Florence to face Fiorentina. La Viola sit only four points above the drop zone, so a win here could be very handy but they have failed to win in their last five at home. They come up against a Lazio chasing a CL spot and coming in with four wins in their last five. You have to go back almost four years to find the last Fiorentina victory in this fixture.

Last edited:
HT in the 2pm games,

Spezia 0-3 Napoli
Udinese 1-0 Bologna

Napoli heading into second place as things stand.

Inter v Sampdoria at 5pm
Fiorentina v Lazio at 7.45pm

Good win for Napoli, still rumours that Gattuso won’t be manager next year or has that been put to bed
I can't see him being there next year tbh but I'm not sure who they bring in either. Napoli aren't in a great financial position as far as I'm led to believe - CL money would help alleviate that of course.

Personally, I think he's done a good job considering the resources and done well to hold onto the likes of Koulibaly and Mertens but I think there's maybe an element of thinking in the support that the club should be really in the title mix a lot later into the season. Perhaps because of having a decent few seasons in the relative absence of the Milan clubs but Juve just being too good. Can also look at Atalanta and see what they have achieved on fewer resources and there is probably grounds for an acceptable air of frustration about Napoli.

Consistency is certainly a big issue that needs to be addressed. No use beating the likes of Juve, Milan, Lazio, Roma and taking points off Inter only to drop games against the clubs in the bottom half.

Last edited:
Full times,

Spezia 1-4 Napoli
Udinese 1-1 Bologna

Napoli take second place for now. Spezia remain three points above the drop zone.

For Udinese and Bologna, it's a case of "as you were".

Sunday will have six games.

In the early game, Genoa will play host to Sassualo. The home side currently in 14th, five points from the relegation places. With Fiorentina win over Lazio on Saturday - the pressure could be on the home side to come up with a result. Sassualo come here sitting in 8th, just two points off the Europa Conference spot.

Of the afternoon games, survival is very much on the line. Benevento face Cagliari, Parma host Atalanta and Verona welcome Torino. Benevento currently occupy the final relegation place whilst Cagliari sit a point ahead. The away side have picked up some big results in recent weeks and have hauled themselves out the mire. They'll be hoping that another win here will see them take a massive step to survival - something that seemed improbable just over a month ago.

Parma are hanging by a thread and the visit of Atalanta is most unwelcome I'd wager. Atalanta chasing the CL places and a win here puts them back into second place and would definitely condemn their hosts to Serie B - regardless of what happens in Benevento.

The third afternoon game has Verona welcoming Torino. Not too much at stake for the home side to be honest but Torino certainly aren't out the relegation picture just yet but they come in with decent form with three wins in their last five.

Roma host already relegated Crotone in the early evening game. Crotone obviously just playing for pride now but Roma will be looking to hold onto that Europa Conference spot with a favourable result here.

The late game is a big one. Juventus host Milan. Fourth against fifth, both on equal points and both battling for the CL places. Expecting this to be a cracker tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back