Is RTV worth the money during close season??

You’re probably only talking about 1 month with no real content after we’ve had the Inside 55 and other reviews at the end of the season before the players are back in training and we start to get footage of that.

So its not worth stopping your sub just for that single month - during which we will probably have footage of kit launches and other stuff anyway. It’s only £6 after all.

Last edited:
I’m still on the £17.25pm, so will never stop it during the off season in case they make me pay upfront.
I was on that deal but I cancelled after last season was ended prematurely (& I lost my job) I've been buying the games individually this season but next season I'll defo buy the unlimited subscription

If you live "overseas" £240 for an unlimited subscription is great value. Every game live (barring European games) including pre season friendlies. You're getting around 50 live games for about £5 per game

We’ve had the Euro qualifiers so in recent years it’s been several more games added to the season.

It’s excellent value, even with the bump in price that came last Summer.

To be honest, no. However, you're supporting the club and it's only a month or so before friendlies and qualifiers begin. It's also easier to keep it running than to cancel and sign up again.

I broke my year long subscription i'd had for years last summer, because there was so much confusion over whether or not the season would get played out. I was anticipating a monthly subscription being offered which never came, so had to do it game by game which was a pain. I will likely wait until the qualifiers start up and go back on yearly again for the season ahead.

I’m still on the £17.25pm, so will never stop it during the off season in case they make me pay upfront.
I was on that deal but I cancelled after last season was ended prematurely (& I lost my job) I've been buying the games individually this season but next season I'll defo buy the unlimited subscription
Sadly, as things stand, there is no monthly Unlimited (overseas) package available.

Consequently, we have many subscribers on a Legacy package paying £17.25 per month, another batch paying a Legacy package of £24 per month (that was available for a short period) and many more paying an annual subscription of £240 per year. Its a bit of a mess.

I suspect we will soon see some alignment of those subscriptions. Whilst I will be penalised by that - as I currently pay £17.27 per month - I can see that it’s only right and proper that others shouldn’t be paying more for the same thing. Inevitably it will be a re-alignment upwards! Whenever it happens I hope they bring back the monthly option - at whatever level they settle upon. I suspect circa £25 per month. Which would be a huge rise for those of us on £17.25, less so for those on £24 per month. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

EDIT: On a similar note, we have differing subscriptions with the Standard UK subscription as well, with some paying £5 per month Legacy and others paying £6 per month. That will need to be re-aligned as well.

Last edited:
I’m only on the £5 package. Plenty to keep me amused. Re watching the odd cracking game, especially this season.

If you live "overseas" £240 for an unlimited subscription is great value. Every game live (barring European games) including pre season friendlies. You're getting around 50 live games for about £5 per game
I’m very tempted to get this as someone “overseas” as i must have spent around that, if not more, this season anyway.

Sadly, as things stand, there is no monthly Unlimited (overseas) package available.

Consequently, we have many subscribers on a Legacy package paying £17.25 per month, another batch paying a Legacy package of £24 per month (that was available for a short period) and many more paying an annual subscription of £240 per year. Its a bit of a mess.

I suspect we will soon see some alignment of those subscriptions. Whilst I will be penalised by that - as I currently pay £17.27 per month - I can see that it’s only right and proper that others shouldn’t be paying more for the same thing. Inevitably it will be a re-alignment upwards! Whenever it happens I hope they bring back the monthly option - at whatever level they settle upon. I suspect circa £25 per month.
You're probably right, £240 can be alot to pull out for the average working man but well worth it in the long run. I've been buying the games individually this season simply because I've been playing catch up with my finances due to 6 months out of work but the annual subscription is the way to go if possible

I dont think its value for money and I dont watch it often at all. However at £17.25 per month its good to know Im supporting the club financially.

I pay annually and think it’s well worth the money, their are literally thousands of videos to watch. And most important to me the money goes to the club.

After the revolution will us down in England qualify as overseas?

Aye, ok mate ;)

Not sure what you mean. Ive had a subscription for a number of years but I dont watch RTV often. Im not interested in the content other than live games and I watch them through another medium which I find is easier to access and much more reliable.

I dont see why you have an issue with this.

Yes.
Give your money to the club if you can afford to, price of 2 pints per month.

I bought it to get mygers points.
Don't think I've ever watched it apart from home games that id already paid for through my season ticket.

Does anyone know if the RTV app is available on Android TV yet? Or has someone made the APK for it yet?

If we get away for pre season and it’s done properly, it’s probably the highlight of the RTV season for me.

I’m very tempted to get this as someone “overseas” as i must have spent around that, if not more, this season anyway.
Well worth it, unlimited access to go back and relive every memorable match or highlights in this glorious season. Get in there

If we get away for pre season and it’s done properly, it’s probably the highlight of the RTV season for me.

I've never really watched RTV outside the games, although I've watched a few bits and bobs recently. What's the script with how they cover pre season?

I've never really watched RTV outside the games, although I've watched a few bits and bobs recently. What's the script with how they cover pre season?

They do a decent segment every day.

Good insight into the training and drills.

Usually do a good player interview daily, as well as the occasional quiz/game scenario.

Gerrard will do an end of the week summary and Beale/GMac pitch in along the way.

I suspect we will soon see some alignment of those subscriptions. Whilst I will be penalised by that - as I currently pay £17.27 per month - I can see that it’s only right and proper that others shouldn’t be paying more for the same thing. Inevitably it will be a re-alignment upwards! Whenever it happens I hope they bring back the monthly option - at whatever level they settle upon. I suspect circa £25 per month. Which would be a huge rise for those of us on £17.25, less so for those on £24 per month. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

EDIT: On a similar note, we have differing subscriptions with the Standard UK subscription as well, with some paying £5 per month Legacy and others paying £6 per month. That will need to be re-aligned as well.
I've been a monthly (£17.25) subscriber for years, since long before HD became available and while buffering was a constant, frustrating issue. I expect the club will, as you suggest, align the pricing upwards for people like me, and I'll pay up. Living where I do, it's my most regular way of contributing to the club and the quality of content, particularly on match days, is well worth a reasonable increase. I can't think of any reason to discontinue during the off season as there is always something going on at Rangers and there is a terrific library of archived content available.

I've been a monthly (£17.25) subscriber for years, since long before HD became available and while buffering was a constant, frustrating issue. I expect the club will, as you suggest, align the pricing upwards for people like me, and I'll pay up. Living where I do, it's my most regular way of contributing to the club and the quality of content, particularly on match days, is well worth a reasonable increase. I can't think of any reason to discontinue during the off season as there is always something going on at Rangers and there is a terrific library of archived content available.

Does anyone know if the RTV app is available on Android TV yet? Or has someone made the APK for it yet?

Yeah, I'm really hoping this gets sorted quickly. It's basically impossible to use on a tele web browser.

Personally i would say yes, some of the training videos and content we had a couple seasons ago from pre season in Spain was brilliant to watch. Not sure if they were made public on Youtube afterwards? Id like to think it was exclusive to subscribers.

It’s not on mine Android TV, bought in 2019. It may be different on more recent models.
Yeah, I'm really hoping this gets sorted quickly. It's basically impossible to use on a tele web browser.
There’s never been a specific RangersTV App available for TV sets as far as I’m aware. You used to be able to sideload the regular App onto Fire TV Sticks though but, to the best of my knowledge, with the new App you can sideload it but it just doesn’t function.

TV sets don’t appear to be seen as compatible devices by RangersTV. Thats probably because there is such a diversity in their capabilities. On some TV browsers, for example, RangersTV will play well, on many it will play poorly and on some it won’t play at all. I suspect an App would be dependant upon your TVs capabilities as well.

Would an annual overseas RTV membership earn a standard MyGers member points, or would you need to have a corresponding overseas MyGers membership?

Back