Steven Gerrard reveals the advice Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp gave him before he took charge of Rangers as he celebrates three years at Ibrox.

"I always knew it was an institution but when you go away on European games and are involved in Old Firms, and you're sampling it for yourself, this club has really blown me away in terms of size and stature."

Nice.

It’s a common theme with people that come to us from down south in that they don’t truly get it until they have been in the door a while. Most recently I’m thinking Defoe, Clint Hill as well as the Boss.

Not that I’m advocating it but I really thing we would win football as a sport if we were in the the EPL.

"I always knew it was an institution but when you go away on European games and are involved in Old Firms, and you're sampling it for yourself, this club has really blown me away in terms of size and stature."

Nice.

It’s a common theme with people that come to us from down south in that they don’t truly get it until they have been in the door a while. Most recently I’m thinking Defoe, Clint Hill as well as the Boss.

Not that I’m advocating it but I really thing we would win football as a sport if we were in the the EPL.
Yet the majority of football fans in England are arrogant enough to genuinely believe we would be a mid table Championship side. They are clueless.

Yet the majority of football fans in England are arrogant enough to genuinely believe we would be a mid table Championship side. They are clueless.
Yeah over the years going down to England working , they keep saying we would be nothing but a mid table team..They haven't f**k**g clue the size of our club..We get the money and investment they get, we would be up there with the 2 Manchester clubs, Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool in stature within 3 years...And Stevie G knows this.

Anyone who has been lucky enough to be a part of our club get it. We are an institution and one of the biggest clubs in the UK. Only the money pumped into the EPL make it more attractive to players. It's certainly not the glamour of playing for the likes of Brighton

He was without doubt an inspired appointment. When our history books are written two men will go down as instrumental in our return to the top. Gerrard will be one the other will be Dave King. King put himself in the line for serious abuse and intrusion into his personal life to save the club along with a load of his cash.

Cost him personally a lot. We need to remember that.

Our away support in Europe really is something special. Even after all these years I'm still blown away when I look around European Away grounds and see / hear the support we take. It's no wonder it blows away those new to the club.
This season would have seen some fantastic away trips in Europe.
Covid has robbed us of so much.
We need a rematch with Benfica.

He was without doubt an inspired appointment. When our history books are written two men will go down as instrumental in our return to the top. Gerrard will be one the other will be Dave King. King put himself in the line for serious abuse and intrusion into his personal life to save the club along with a load of his cash.

Cost him personally a lot. We need to remember that.
Remember all the haters laughing at Kings predictions for the future when Gerrard was appointed.

Davie King now quite rightly is seen as a saviour for the club and it will probably only be in years to come that we truly realise the amazing job he done in turning us around and having faith in Gerrard to see the job through and stick by him.

I always knew it would take time for him to build a team to compete and to get his philosophy across in terms of tactics,systems etc. You don't get rid of the man when he's barely got started,I give you Fergie at Man.Utd as an example and I'm glad we stuck by him and possibly the shrewdest move DK made. I'm so annoyed Rodgers left them just as Stevie was getting the better of him,maybe that's why he fled,we will never know.

Back