Dalian Atkinson Taser death:

Why have you not asked anyone else this?
I have, countless times to be met with no answer.
Do me a favour, go get answers from half of them, and I'll humour you, off you trot.
Or is it just that the shte they are spouting aligns with the shite you believe, so it's somehow more valid that my shite?

I knew a lad, a bouncer, he got into fights every week, punching %^*& out of folk and often getting punched %^*& out of.
One day he hit someone the wrong way while working and the other lad died.
Now, was this murder? It turns out it wasn't, because he didn't mean to kill the guy. And normally a punch in the face won't kill someone.
Now, seeing as a jury decided it wasn't murder, does that mean he didn't kill the guy?
I think you've had answers dron more than half of 'us'. You know fine and well where some of the knowledge has came from. You have been informed that sone of your facts are nonsense and you dont like it. You have issues with police. The stuff you've put on about run ins with cops and the name calling is genuinely pathetic.

Don't think they should be firing tasers on any unarmed people. Part of their training is how to subdue and arrest people. They are cops. Sometimes they have to get in about it to make an arrest. Talk to the guy and judge the mood. There's a Glasgow expresssion. I got buckled..it means the cops used a wee bit of force to get you cuffed up and in the back of the car. Good cops do this easy.

You have to take in a load of factors when laying hands on someone. Size for one. There are things such as impact factors, warning signs, non compliance etc. Tense your arms up and see how quickly somebody can "buckle " you. This is a no win situation for Police and in this case, the death of this young man. Hindsight is an exact science and possibly everyone involved may have done things differently. Who knows? We simply do not know what his mood was that night, particularly with the Police. It's a tragedy for all concerned in this.

no

what im saying is,that when a taser kills it is as deadly as a gun,like in this case.the guy died from a taser,he is just as dead as someone dying by the gun
We don't know if he died from a taser though, do we. Did it contribute? Again we dont know. Did his aforementioned health fail during the incident? We may never know.

Were you there? No you were not.

CPS don't put a murder charge on anything without decent enough evidence to back it up. Let's see what the courts decide.

My Mrs is a lawyer and from she says you would not believe how many court cases fail due to feck ups by the CPS.

My Mrs is a lawyer and from she says you would not believe how many court cases fail due to feck ups by the CPS.

You're right of course however I would expect the CPS down there to have this watertight, simply as they have charged the two cops. Their fate is in the hands of a jury and let's face it, not everybody likes the Police.

Had this incident ocurred here then none of this would matter because Atkinson, based on the information provided in the initial posts, would have been staring down the barrel of a Glock. And that only ends one of two ways.

You're right of course however I would expect the CPS down there to have this watertight, simply as they have charged the two cops. Their fate is in the hands of a jury and let's face it, not everybody likes the Police.
We definitely know one on here who doesn't! ;)

Seems a bit strange based on the article I read earlier.

It mentioned that Atkinson was in a manic state threatening to kill his dad and saying he had killed his brother.

I guess it depends on when he was tasered like if he had been brought under control and calmed down then tasered.

indeed.

I find it highly unlikely that any officer using a taser against a violent offender would ever be charged, and most especially not for murder or manslaughter.

These charges suggest something went very wrong with the process of Atkinson’s arrest.

So, it remains to be seen how this prosecution plays out but I doubt it would be getting brought at all if this was a simple tasering in uncontentious circumstances.

The taser is to stop physical contact during an arrest. It stops accusations of GBH by the police
I'm not being pedantic brother, but that's not accurate. The tazer is to immobilise / subdue a person should circumstances dictate it. If a cop 'wrongly' tasers someone, or is excessive in it's use, they will be charged with assault or its english equivalent.

I'm not being pedantic brother, but that's not accurate. The tazer is to immobilise / subdue a person should circumstances dictate it. If a cop 'wrongly' tasers someone, or is excessive in it's use, they will be charged with assault or its english equivalent.
There were several complaints about prisoners dying after being physically subdued during arrest. The taser was seen as a way of arresting violent individuals without going near them

There were several complaints about prisoners dying after being physically subdued during arrest. The taser was seen as a way of arresting violent individuals without going near them

Physical restraint can pose a significant risk of asphyxiation, not to mention the danger that it potentially puts the police officer in.

it tells you in the op

Mr Atkinson, 48, suffered a heart attack and after being Tasered after police were called to a minor disturbance.

So what was the "minor disturbance"

Or more importantly what kicked off to make the Police taser him.

Had this incident ocurred here then none of this would matter because Atkinson, based on the information provided in the initial posts, would have been staring down the barrel of a Glock. And that only ends one of two ways.

NI?

It's mental that every cop here has a glock but only a select few specially trained cops can use a Taser

Going to give this a bump. Looks like it was more than just excessive use of the taser
Just saw the report.
If the info that an imprint of the cops laces were found on the victims head then they'll be hell to pay!

That job is hard enough with restrictions Houdini couldn't slip through

administering a taser even if it was longer than required - ok dont know the full circumstances of the incident - but kicking a motionless human being in the head hard enough to leave a lace imprint - naw FO thats utter scumbag/dreg of society territory - lock em up and throw away the keys, an animal that should not be allowed out in public.......

Think the issue re the taser won’t end up too important, the laces on the head should see manslaughter at the least.

the taser may have justifiable reasons (the 4th and 5th go maybe hard to justify) but booting him in the head? Nah that’s jail IMO

Were you there? No you were not.

CPS don't put a murder charge on anything without decent enough evidence to back it up. Let's see what the courts decide.
Believe me, that is not the case. If they feel it is in the public interest to do so, they will give it a run, even if the evidence is flimsy.

Doesn't matter. The legal principal translates from latin as "you must take your victim as you find him". It's well held and long established in cases where a victim refused a life saving transfusion on religious grounds or where a victim died due to injuries sustained from an undiagnosed soft skull. The really famous ones typically involve a punch where the victim falls, hits the back of their head, has a weakened skull and subsequently dies of their skull/brain injuries.

The stronger argument would be that for murder you'd typically need to show a guilty action and a guilty intent (Actus Reus and Mens Rea). For manslaughter (or culpable homicide in Scotland) you need not demonstrate the guilty intent. You then get into the realms of voluntary or involuntary depending on whether there was an intent to harm that fell short of an intent to kill.
...or recklessness.

The cop certainly didn't murder the guy, nothing in the incident meets the definition of murder.

It's also fvcking bang out of order throwing in an alternative charge in case they can't prove the 1st one. Where is the fairness in that?

Seems the poor guy died from a taser exacerbated by underlying health issues. Is our judicial system turning into America?? Will the cops be found guilty to prevent civil disobedience. Pretty sick of the witch hunting cvnts coming out of the woodwork at every opportunity!

The Police should just find a way to strike for a month or two....see how our fvcking hunks feel at the end of that situation.

The truth will out I suppose. Watching some of those hidden camera vids on social media of heavy handed coppers does make you think though. There are some absolute fruit cake coppers out there who shouldnt be anywhere near the police force.
Or firearms

The cop certainly didn't murder the guy, nothing in the incident meets the definition of murder.

It's also fvcking bang out of order throwing in an alternative charge in case they can't prove the 1st one. Where is the fairness in that?

Seems the poor guy died from a taser exacerbated by underlying health issues. Is our judicial system turning into America?? Will the cops be found guilty to prevent civil disobedience. Pretty sick of the witch hunting cvnts coming out of the woodwork at every opportunity!

The Police should just find a way to strike for a month or two....see how our fvcking hunks feel at the end of that situation.
You missed the part where the cop tasered him like he was an elephant and booted him so hard in the face he left imprints of his laces?

Ah so tasering someone 6x longer than the legal limit then booting them incredibly hard in the face is just fair game.

What an utter weirdo post.

Fair play for ignoring the bit where he kicked him that hard in the head it left an imprint of his shoe lace on the guys face and also tasered him 6 times longer than the recommended amount while the guy was on the ground.

Thank fûck you’re no an officer if you think that’s alright hahaha.

Thread full of them o_O
Always is mate. Far to many willing to let police act no better than thugs. Police should be held to a higher standard than the average person. They don't get to decide of you are guilty or even what the punishment should be.

I try to keep myself out of these conversations because it really gets me pissed of, but I can't help myself when I see rank hypocrisy when it comes to people defending the police no matter what they do.

I'll keep my comments in this forum to Rangers, football and some nationalist bashing haha .

Back