The metalwork at the front of the main stand.

Kentbear

The Archibald Leitch lattice design, does anyone have any close ups of it or drawings with sizes on? i was going to do a scale one for my garden and searched all over google but drew a blank.

Try contacting these chaps
Ebbu9bNX0AAXoNV

If they have the front elevation then I'm sure the other side's will be in there too.

I was in the enclosure for a game early last season and looked up at the 'copy' blue and white lattice work in front of the media gallery. The difference is that a small Rangers badge has been added at the centre where the cross meets. This is not good as they are absolutely filthy and needa good jetting - but not posting pic I took. I wish there was more recognition to Leitch within the stand and not just the small high up plaque outside.

Last edited:
My seat is in the East Enclosure and when walking out one game I looked up at the metal work. I think it was the anglebar and it has an Iron company moulded into it. I have forgot who it was but wanted to do a wee history search on them. Inglis Co. rings a bell but might be totally wrong. I also liked the thought of it shotblasted down to bare metal then painted good quality.

My wife lives in Egypt and when she went to the museum she said it confused her - thought she was back in Glasgow lol!

Try contacting these chaps
Ebbu9bNX0AAXoNV

If they have the front elevation then I'm sure the other side's will be in there too.
Always find it impressive that the men back then and indeed in the Victorian era, had the foresight to build such great feats that would last long, long after they were gone. The cost of these engineering feats today would surely be prohibitive.

Always find it impressive that the men back then and indeed in the Victorian era, had the foresight to build such great feats that would last long, long after they were gone. The cost of these engineering feats today would surely be prohibitive.
Couldn’t agree more. i,m a structural engineer and in awe of what they achieved.

Different days when men were proud of the work they done and did it well because if they didn't someone else would and they'd be binned.

Just need to look at the state of roads. There's cobbled streets that have been down for a hundred years with no problems. They whack a road down today and within a year it's falling apart.

A truly amazing building though imagine seeing it for the first time and taking in the sheer scale of it.

Different days when men were proud of the work they done and did it well because if they didn't someone else would and they'd be binned.

Just need to look at the state of roads. There's cobbled streets that have been down for a hundred years with no problems. They whack a road down today and within a year it's falling apart.

A truly amazing building though imagine seeing it for the first time and taking in the sheer scale of it.
I have brought many up from England on business trips and always make a point of coming past the stadium. Without exception all have been blown away by the red brick facade and the length of the building. It must have been quite amazing when brand new.

Couldn’t agree more. i,m a structural engineer and in awe of what they achieved.
Not even the big projects either.
Look at the amount of Victorian and Edwardian housing still in use in British cities well over a century from being built.
Not planned to be monumental or remarkable, just to be - for the time - practical and cost effective.
Much of it is still in use - albeit inevitably updated and renovated.
But, just as a random example, a housing estate very close to me had its apartment blocks demolished after barely 35 years.
I remember seeing them being built and I saw them pulled down.
I know that that's an obscenely common occurrence these days, all over the nation.

Back