Rangers’ Union Bears fans group put up anti-SNP and anti-independence banners as election day begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMeanie

RANGERS supporters' group the Union Bears have been out and about early this morning as Scotland goes to the polls.
The Gers' ultras grouping have been sharing images on their social media this morning of a series of anti-independence and SNP banners at various locations in and around Glasgow aimed to catch voters' attention on polling day.

A banner on a bridge over the M8 gets the Union Bears message across
A banner on a bridge over the M8 gets the Union Bears message across
They make no secret of their support for the union - and their opposition to an independent Scotland and first minister Nicola Sturgeon.
One banner, on a bridge over the M8, read: "14 years of failure - SNP out."
Another said: "Recovery not referendum."
A fourth, over the Kingston Bridge, read: "Vote Tactically, SNP out."
Another Union Bears banner placed this morning
Another Union Bears banner placed this morning
A banner reads: SNP - Solving No Problems
A banner reads: "SNP - Solving No Problems"
A banner stretching across the Kingston Bridge
A banner stretching across the Kingston Bridge

The fact it's linked to a Rangers group will be enough for some to ignore the very important message being sent
I concur with you. While I applaud anyone working to rid us all of this scourge against our country and lives I cannot help but feel linking it to Rangers will not only reduced its impact but in fact make the reverse feeling take hold on those looking at them.

Still, nice effort by those involved. Hearts are in the right places.

I concur with you. While I applaud anyone working to rid us all of this scourge against our country and lives I cannot help but feel linking it to Rangers will not only reduced its impact but in fact make the reverse feeling take hold on those looking at them.

There’s nothing on any of the banners to indicate they were made by Rangers fans though .

why feel like that?

Hopefully this encourages the younger element of our support to get out and vote.
Doesn’t seem to matter what the circumstances, turnout among the young is incredibly bad, even more so for Scottish elections where even the average turnout was only 55% the last time.

why feel like that?
Well our media is in the pocket of the SNP and runs fake news and views around how bad Rangers fans are, not to mention the club itself being mismanaged on every level.

That may or may not play into the thinking of people who look at these things but I suspect it could do.

As I say I dont knock the Union Bears at all and in fact admire their resolve on such matters. Theyre organisation is very impressive indeed. I just feel Politics is something that should be kept out of Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back