Rangers’ Union Bears fans group put up anti-SNP and anti-independence banners as election day begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I utterly despise the SNP and their supporters. They are an embarrassment to Scotland and do nothing but cause division and hatred. They need to %^*& off permanently. I've voted conservative which is something I never would have thought of doing but the SNP have driven me to it.

Just unfollowed someone on instagram who claims to be a Rangers fan, who posted on her story that she'd just voted SNP

No snp voter should be welcome at Ibrox
you ever get the feeling, if we were not successful or champions or beating Celtic on a regular basis we wouldn't have this moronic element claiming to be us?

then you need to ask the questions are they actual followers or just fans?

Well our media is in the pocket of the SNP and runs fake news and views around how bad Rangers fans are, not to mention the club itself being mismanaged on every level.

That may or may not play into the thinking of people who look at these things but I suspect it could do.

As I say I dont knock the Union Bears at all and in fact admire their resolve on such matters. Theyre organisation is very impressive indeed. I just feel Politics is something that should be kept out of Sport.

Kind of ironic...considering your username of choice on a forum for fitba fans.

Just unfollowed someone on instagram who claims to be a Rangers fan, who posted on her story that she'd just voted SNP

No snp voter should be welcome at Ibrox

This is cult like behaviour and deeply sinister. If you pay your money to follow Rangers you are no less of a supporter than anyone else. Grow up and realise people have different views and are entitled to them.

Well our media is in the pocket of the SNP and runs fake news and views around how bad Rangers fans are, not to mention the club itself being mismanaged on every level.

That may or may not play into the thinking of people who look at these things but I suspect it could do.

As I say I dont knock the Union Bears at all and in fact admire their resolve on such matters. Theyre organisation is very impressive indeed. I just feel Politics is something that should be kept out of Sport.
Keeping politics out of sport got us dropped down to the bottom tier,
That lot are politicising morning, noon and night
and the quicker some wake up the better.

totally disagree just look what Salmon tried to do with his law to help the manky shower

Mate , that’s a nationalist argument / excuse used by the nats on here . It’s the worst kind of excuse as the snp are baw deep in love of all things Celtic and hatred of rangers

All the response that is needed. These people are public servants, behaving in a way that they know is alienating to large numbers of voters. They don't care. So why would we support them?

Hold them accountable. Deny them power. Vote them out.

RANGERS supporters' group the Union Bears have been out and about early this morning as Scotland goes to the polls.
The Gers' ultras grouping have been sharing images on their social media this morning of a series of anti-independence and SNP banners at various locations in and around Glasgow aimed to catch voters' attention on polling day.

A banner on a bridge over the M8 gets the Union Bears message across
A banner on a bridge over the M8 gets the Union Bears message across
They make no secret of their support for the union - and their opposition to an independent Scotland and first minister Nicola Sturgeon.
One banner, on a bridge over the M8, read: "14 years of failure - SNP out."
Another said: "Recovery not referendum."
A fourth, over the Kingston Bridge, read: "Vote Tactically, SNP out."
Another Union Bears banner placed this morning
Another Union Bears banner placed this morning
A banner reads: SNP - Solving No Problems
A banner reads: "SNP - Solving No Problems"
A banner stretching across the Kingston Bridge
A banner stretching across the Kingston Bridge
I think I’m one of the few that prefers that football and politics, much like church and state are seperated.

That ship sailed long ago I'm afraid.

This is cult like behaviour and deeply sinister. If you pay your money to follow Rangers you are no less of a supporter than anyone else. Grow up and realise people have different views and are entitled to them.
Why should we tolerate the intolerant?

I suspect you are a Nat, this is the usual response, because generally they have no good arguments for why they do what they do.

It amazing the posters who believe Follow Follow is truly representative of the Rangers support as a whole.
Well I hear quite alot of loyal protestant anthems at rangers games......then onto rule,Britannia and finish off with the national anthem GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Well I hear quite alot of loyal protestant anthems at rangers games......then onto rule,Britannia and finish off with the national anthem GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
Aye, so? Look it’s obvious to anybody who thinks about it that tens of thousands of Rangers fans voted Yes in 2014 and vote SNP or Green etc. I’m not saying for a minute that it’s a majority but it is significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back