Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Ferry was joking about Foden being better but he wasn’t, nobody else was having it at all.

Phil Foden is better than Gazza was according to Ferry

Mcavennie and Ferguson tearing him apart
I don't get the comparisons between Foden and Gazza, Foden is pushed out wide because he's so one footed while Gazza owned the whole midfield as a 21 year old, where he was arguably the best player at a world Cup. Halliday smashes Ferry when Ferry keeps asking what Gazza won then goes on to say Kane is the best CF in the EPL, and Halliday asks what he's won ,belter.

I don't get the comparisons between Foden and Gazza, Foden is pushed out wide because he's so one footed while Gazza owned the whole midfield as a 21 year old, where he was arguably the best player at a world Cup. Halliday smashes Ferry when Ferry keeps asking what Gazza won then goes on to say Kane is the best CF in the EPL, and Halliday asks what he's won ,belter.

We will always be bias towards Gazza because he is one of our own. There's no doubt at his peak he was World Class as he showed at Italia 90. Lets not kid ourselves how good Foden could become though. There's zero doubt Foden is going to become a World Class Player. He's already playing every week for the best team in the world at 20 and is probably the 2nd best player in the team already behind KDB.

Foden will go on and probably have a better career than Gazza in terms of honours.

But at 22 Gazza was single handedly dominating the Germans at and Dutch at international level which at the time was the pinnacle of football.

Gazza without his demons and proper people round and about and off course a bit more professionalism and desire would have been Britain's greatest ever imo.

I can't believe that video, hes posted that mwi and will 100% regret it tomorrow. Capaldi looks annoyed as %^*& and they're all blotto, great content tbf

We will always be bias towards Gazza because he is one of our own. There's no doubt at his peak he was World Class as he showed at Italia 90. Lets not kid ourselves how good Foden could become though. There's zero doubt Foden is going to become a World Class Player. He's already playing every week for the best team in the world at 20 and is probably the 2nd best player in the team already behind KDB.
If foden carries on as he is, I think he will surpass Gazza also but comparing him to Gazza at his best not when with us is a bit premature I think. I hope Foden carries on though he’s excellent to watch

Foden will go on and probably have a better career than Gazza in terms of honours.

But at 22 Gazza was single handedly dominating the Germans at and Dutch at international level which at the time was the pinnacle of football.

Gazza without his demons and proper people round and about and off course a bit more professionalism and desire would have been Britain's greatest ever imo.
If Foden gives us the BREATHTAKING TEN years we got from Gazza then I very much look forward to it , but I Don't think he's the GENIUS that was Gazza.

Halliday could find himself in a bit of bother with that video. Don't think Hearts will be too chuffed that he's out boozing, mingling with other folk, not social distancing etc.
Hearts are already pissed off at how much he is in the media talking about the old firm, this won’t help

Halliday could find himself in a bit of bother with that video. Don't think Hearts will be too chuffed that he's out boozing, mingling with other folk, not social distancing etc.
He’s finished up now, he said on Tuesdays he has 6 weeks off mate

I'm beginning to think ferry is his agent. Edouard barely gets a sniff from goldson, what does he think fat boy Griffiths is going to do?
He seems to forget that griffiths played in the new year game and apart from hitting one shot on goal he done the square root of fk all.

Halliday's season is over and can mingle with who he wants but people are still not meant to be hanging off and slobbering over each other just now at pubs etc, i know plenty of us are doing it ourselves but for them to post thaf video seems a massive own goal imo.

The Jackson Irvine interview is peak Open Goal. A footballer with a low profile who in the right setting can show his personality and tell great stories. Ferry makes them feel comfortable and can get the best out of footballers. Irvine seems like a genuinely nice guy.

That video with Capaldi is an example of the worst of Open Goal. Trying too hard to be funny, proper cringeworthy parochial dogshite and just signing shitty songs making everyone feel unintentionally uncomfortable. They need to knock this shit on the head.

Ferry seems to me to be one of they loud annoying guys who take things to far and get a sore face.

Slaney well it would be taking liberties he’s a
No righter.

Ferry and Slaney would do my fucking nut in after a few beers but fair play to them out enjoying themselves, blootered on a Thursday afternoon. Wish it was me.

These rules about drinking are a nonsense arent they. Can’t even have a beer or a wine with your dinner but you can get absolutely blotto in a beer garden then stagger inside to use the toilet regularly haha.

Thats their issue. They knew about media commitments before signing him.

Funnily enough they never had an issue with Naismith or Gordon on Sportscene every other week.
I thought it was more the fans that took issue not the club because if they did he wouldn’t be doing it

I thought it was more the fans that took issue not the club because if they did he wouldn’t be doing it

Fans are the same though. Halliday has been getting it tight all season despite being one of their regular performances and playing pretty well when cantering the league.

Naismith and Gordon were taking a fortune while they were pish and got relegated but there was little to no noise about it.

Words I never thought I’d say but the Jackson Irvine interview was excellent, clearly a decent guy who has experienced a decent career and can tell a story. Also crucial was they actually let him tell the stories. Even the Slane story about being let go from Celtic was good as you realise how brutal the reality of that can be.

BUT

Ferry has jumped the shark with his Foden/Gazza chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back