Club tweet about B teams.

Their job is to do what's best for Scottish football, not what's best for Rangers and Ceptic. We're doing it for our benefit and nobody else.

If you watch the interview, you'll hear us admitting that while at the same time outlining the benefits that come to other clubs and the game in general. As rightly highlighted, there is no innovation and no thought to improving the game.

What do you disagree with in the interview?

"Give me my blazer, wages and free jolly's abroad"
That is all the guys at the top of the Scottish FA regime care about, self preservation.
Nothing will change until ALL clubs shout for change...but they won't shout as they have their own agenda's. We had had how many think tanks now? and still nothing is done.

The entire Scottish game needs cleansed from top to bottom but until all the clubs demand it nothing will happen, in 30 years we will still be asking why we as a country are so far behind everyone else.

The Scottish governing authorities are pathetic. They have little desire to improve the game - or even discuss the possibilities of doing so.
Had to laugh Craig Mullholand when he was pointing out to the authorities that Croatia use this model and they got to the World Cup final and it has a similar population size of Scotland and the answer back “yes but they are a successful country” yes well that is the point isn’t it you plonker.

Their job is to do what's best for Scottish football, not what's best for Rangers and Ceptic. We're doing it for our benefit and nobody else.
Getting B teams in the league will benefit the whole of Scottish football both financially and also from raising the standard of Scottish youth players it’s short sighted not to allow it

1) Finances for the lower clubs
2) Development for the national team
3) Development of players likely to move to teams within the Scottish pyramid.

Just 3 reasons as to why it makes sense to get them in the lowland leagues.

Had to laugh Craig Mullholand when he was pointing out to the authorities that Croatia use this model and they got to the World Cup final and it has a similar population size of Scotland and the answer back “yes but they are a successful country” yes well that is the point isn’t it you plonker.

It's mind-numbing.

Post 3 on this thread sums up the parochial thinking. We're unable to move beyond basic tribalism for the betterment of the game.

Ultimately this will benefit Scotland overall. You get better players out of it. Listen to 2 balloons on Clyde, Wilson and Dalziel and even they can see it benefits. You play mens football and no youth football. Warburton said it years ago, players get to a certain age then they stagnate.

Weve been good this season I think withthe amount of loans we have made, though it would be better for these players to play under our banner and coached to our needs,

So it doesn't benefit Scotrish football to be playing against better players and for these clubs to receive additional revenue from away fans?
It also wont in the longer term benefit Scottish football by improving home grown talent which in the end could benefit the national team?

Stewart Robertson said it was all going well then it went to the spfl and the sfa and nothing,sums it up really

Listening to that should frustrate/anger all right-minded Scottish football fans, irrespective of allegiance.

I'm one that would prefer Rangers to remain and invigorate Scottish football, rather than depart for a British or a European set-up. And then you listen to this...

So what is best for the Scottish game then? Tell us what is working and how everyone is benefiting from the current setup?

I’m not against B teams as such, but I’m not sure I get the point of it being in the lowland league. Our best young players are all out on loan at League 2 level at a minimum just now

A proposal that is aimed at getting more people to attend a game every Saturday is surely a proposal that works for all clubs?

why would it be detrimental to have more fans watch Scottish football ?

Reactions: TQ3
I’m not against B teams as such, but I’m not sure I get the point of it being in the lowland league. Our best young players are all out on loan at League 2 level at a minimum just now
They would be playing in our B team though and training at Auchenhowie. Learning our formations and playing in a team with a better standard of player.

It wouldn't stop us sending our best talent to Premier or Championship teams if we wanted to. Like the Hivs strategic partnership

The Scottish governing authorities are pathetic. They have little desire to improve the game - or even discuss the possibilities of doing so.
They are utterly incompetent.

Can't believe we don't even have a sponsor for the league and yet people like Doncaster's job seems safe.

Look at how many sponsors we have gained during the pandemic, it really should be a basic thing.

Exactly. If the SPFL don’t want us then why not provided an arrangement at the entry level in England?

They would be playing in our B team though and training at Auchenhowie. Learning our formations and playing in a team with a better standard of player.
They’re not learning the game though, they’re not fighting for every point and becoming better men and players that way. And if they don’t stroll that league then people are going to be shouting that none of them are good enough. Lowland league just seems too low a level for it to be a true test for me

Its not all about the level, its about playing adult football, against pros going up and coming down in their careers. These players have something to play for, our young players will learn more and also we will have control over their development as they will play for us and not another team.

The people in our governing bodies are t there for the good of the game, they’re there to carry out an agenda. When somebody mentions putting plans in place to help young players etc they probably look at each other and shrug and say “well that’s no ma joab”.

That’s my Rangers, we don’t wait for others, we lead the way.
As for the benefits to Rangers, that’s simply to give our youngsters experience and a path to becoming an effective professional footballer, it’s not like we are going to get loads of money from it, or that we get the gate money home and away, it’s simply a sporting benefit.
The lowland league will get a lot more attention than even the championship, and if they get a tv deal, ( over to you Mr. Bisgrove!) then those lowland teams could end up in a better financial position than some of the Premiership teams, but that is of no interest to the authorities, is it? What a shower of charlatans. Still, we gave them a chance to clear the decks, and they said no, so let’s plough on.

Shots fired at the SFA/SPFL.

You'd think the governing bodies would be proactive in trying to find a way to sort out the gap between u18 to first team football at the minute. 2 actual jokes of organisations. They should be striped from top to bottom after their dreadful handling of the covid situation. Maxwell and Doncaster should be oot the door first.

I really hope this goes ahead and brings in good money for the lowland league from our fans and sponsors.

It would be absolutely brilliant if most of these clubs made more money than league 1/2 clubs. It would be the ultimate get it up yae.

They’re not learning the game though, they’re not fighting for every point and becoming better men and players that way. And if they don’t stroll that league then people are going to be shouting that none of them are good enough. Lowland league just seems too low a level for it to be a true test for me
Club seems to think it would be beneficial thats good enough for me. Its a year trial if it comes off, whats to lose?

Also it may be a way for the club to show the SPFL that B teams work.

Club seems to think it would be beneficial thats good enough for me. Its a year trial if it comes off, whats to lose?

Also it may be a way for the club to show the SPFL that B teams work.
Aye I’m not saying don’t do it, I’m just querying the benefits of it at such a low level. If it was in the SPFL I’d be all for it, I’m just now sure this truly helps our youngsters develop

Enjoyed listening to that. What a small time mentality still shown by the football authorities in Scotland.

B teams work well in Spain and the example given about Croatia must make people sit up
Except for Italy and England most successful European nations have b teams or reserve teams in men's Leagues rather than reserve leagues.

In Italy Juve forced through a u23 team into seria c a couple of years ago..

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't believe in b teams or colts being admitted to the league set up. These players are with us and celtic and to a lesser extent Aberdeen, hibs etc because they think they're good enough, money, allegiance and promises. If all clubs could afford it then fine but this would favour the better off clubs. How would we feel if UEFA allowed Champions League teams like Madrid/Barca /Man city/Chelsea etc to enter B teams into the Europa league?

Makes you despair at times, doesn't it.

We, as a nation, are stuck in the footballing stone age.

Aye I’m not saying don’t do it, I’m just querying the benefits of it at such a low level. If it was in the SPFL I’d be all for it, I’m just now sure this truly helps our youngsters develop
I doubt it will be our older lads. It'll be 16-18 year olds playing weekly against big physical men, it'll set them up better for a loan to championship/League 1 than playing against fellow 16-18 year olds.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't believe in b teams or colts being admitted to the league set up. These players are with us and celtic and to a lesser extent Aberdeen, hibs etc because they think they're good enough, money, allegiance and promises. If all clubs could afford it then fine but this would favour the better off clubs. How would we feel if UEFA allowed Champions League teams like Madrid/Barca /Man city/Chelsea etc to enter B teams into the Europa league?
Real and Barca already have B teams playing in the lower leagues of Spain. Which is exactly what we are trying to do.

Man City, Chelsea, etc all want B teams in the English leagues to improve young player progression aswell.

Did you even watch the video?
  • Our B team wouldn’t be permitted to be promoted, even if we won the league.
  • Higher attendance, giving the lowland league teams a boost.
  • Sponsor for that league being mooted.
  • Possible TV deal for that league.
  • Instead of sending our youngsters out to 12 different teams, they play together and continue their European challenge games.

As a footballing nation Scotland is so backward.

Too much hate and resentment and suspicion prevents us moving forward.

Rangers, as Scotlands number 1 club, are right to call out the authorities for their lack of progress and present our own ideas to take the game forward.

I am proud of what is said in the interview by Robertson, Mulholland and Wilson.

Great to see Rangers leading from the front, as we should be.

As BB says above the authorities are pathetic. There is no desire to improve our game.

I honestly don't see the authorities as being the main stumbling block TBH. (They will go along with anything provided it guarantees their blazer and tickets and air travel to freebies.
If you go into other clubs fans' forums (eg Hertz) you will see they have absolutely no interest in Rangers (or the bheasts) having a B team in the lower divisions. And, as we have previously found to our cost, the diddies always like to say they listen to their fans in such matters, The fans of the premiership also-rans (again, eg Hertz) would very much prefer the Scottish game to sit firmly in the doldrums rather than concede to something that pumps money into the lower divisions (and not them personally) if it is something that is in our interests.

I think that was the main crux of the interview, those at the top are NOT doing what's best, in fact they're doing nothing at all. The feedback Rangers received from other Scottish clubs would suggest that many are not happy, stretching down to the lowland leagues. It doesn't matter if you believe we're being selfish in this, other clubs will naturally benefit. Certainly from match day revenue but especially if it attracts sponsors/broadcasters.

Reactions: TQ3
I honestly don't see the authorities as being the main stumbling block TBH. (They will go along with anything provided it guarantees their blazer and tickets and air travel to freebies.
If you go into other clubs fans' forums (eg Hertz) you will see they have absolutely no interest in Rangers (or the bheasts) having a B team in the lower divisions. And, as we have previously found to our cost, the diddies always like to say they listen to their fans in such matters, The fans of the premiership also-rans (again, eg Hertz) would very much prefer the Scottish game to sit firmly in the doldrums rather than concede to something that pumps money into the lower divisions (and not them personally) if it is something that is in our interests.

But they are the stumbling block, they havent presented it to the clubs.

This isnt about Hearts etc, this will be for the lowland league to accept or not. There is not really a down side for them. You have EK in that league, if Rangers arent playing or away, they might benefit from a couple of hundred of extra fans in.

Back