Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans are the same though. Halliday has been getting it tight all season despite being one of their regular performances and playing pretty well when cantering the league.

Naismith and Gordon were taking a fortune while they were pish and got relegated but there was little to no noise about it.
I agree mate but you know how football fans are mate, we’re probably guilty of it ourselves. Fickle old game

Thats their issue. They knew about media commitments before signing him.

Funnily enough they never had an issue with Naismith or Gordon on Sportscene every other week.
To be fair this was earlier in the season I was told this when he was on different shows three/four nights a week, don’t think he’s on things quite as much these days so might not be as much of an issue now

Just watched the coupon show from today. Normally I think Si talks sense but his Foden vs Gazza argument was downright drunken nonsense. Arguing that Foden is a better player because he's ripped up a Champions League semi-final haha, two games.

Foden has had 2 very good years at the top level, Gazza was running riot for over 10 years in the top leagues in the World and was one of the best English midfielders of all time.

Let's have the debate 10 years from now Si, for now you're talking out your arse.

Ferry seems to me to be one of they loud annoying guys who take things to far and get a sore face.

Slaney well it would be taking liberties he’s a
No righter.
84k subscribers m8 , they must have something. I wouldn't miss it to see them and Mcavennie in REAL pain.

84k subscribers m8 , they must have something. I wouldn't miss it to see them and Mcavennie in REAL pain.
I won’t lie I enjoy dipping in for a bit of pain myself.
Just saying you can tell they two espically on a night out would get on your nerves.
Something about ferry that annoys me more that Slaney

I won’t lie I enjoy dipping in for a bit of pain myself.
Just saying you can tell they two espically on a night out would get on your nerves.
Something about ferry that annoys me more that Slaney
For me ferry seems to have had a chance of a decent career but basically fancied the drink and nights out more. In his 30s with weans and still acting like he's 18/19

Si’s comments about Foden / Gazza are just more in a very long line of him talking utter nonsense when it comes to the actual game of football. He’s a good interviewer though.

The Jackson Irvine one was good. He comes across as a really nice fellow. Having paid almost zero attention to the Premier League when we weren't in it, I had no idea that he had been on the books of the mendicants.

Do people not realise that there was probably an underlying intention behind si ferry saying foden is better than Gazza ... to generate discussion.
like it or not, it’s one of the better aspects of the show - They’re good at creating talking points

Had to switch that off tonight, all trying to be louder than one another and interrupting eachother. I include Derek Ferguson in that aswell who I normally think is the normal one that talks the most sense.

It used to be some decent quality interviewing and football commentary. It's turned into a clown show. I usually turn it off when they start their stupid singing.

I quite liked Ferry’s interviews but this podcast is going downhill fast. I can’t watch Slaney for more than 5 mins without wanting to punch my tv. No idea why he’s a regular on it cause I know I’m not the only one who can’t stick him

Do people not realise that there was probably an underlying intention behind si ferry saying foden is better than Gazza ... to generate discussion.
like it or not, it’s one of the better aspects of the show - They’re good at creating talking points
Ferry definitely believes Foden is better than Gazza, as unbelievable as it seems.

Capaldi looks like what he is, a music student trying to talk about a sport he doesn’t really care or know about.

Looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world and tbh, with the state of the rest of them, I don’t blame him.
It looks like they’ve pestered him when he’s been out with pals something they’d probably hate

That is quite cringey however thats what happens when someone films you drunk. Slaney would annoy the life out of me. Red card would have been shown a few hours back.

Funny that people reply that its shite and pish blah blah. Nobody is forcing you to watch it lol.
It's lighthearted nonsense and I enjoy it apart from Slaney who's an annoying bitter wee rat.

FF favourite Shebahn was talking about Gazza not getting in the England squad ahead of Foden on Talksport a few weeks back.

Can we add "D'ye hink Nisbet could do it at a higher level" to the Si Ferry bingo? I swear he asks the question every other episode.

Last edited:
FF favourite Shebahn was talking about Gazza not getting in the England squad ahead of Fodden on Talksport a few weeks back.

Can we add "D'ye hink Nisbet could do it at a higher level" to the Si Ferry bingo? I swear he asks the question every other episode.

A prime Gazza?

Just watched the coupon show from today. Normally I think Si talks sense but his Foden vs Gazza argument was downright drunken nonsense. Arguing that Foden is a better player because he's ripped up a Champions League semi-final haha, two games.

Foden has had 2 very good years at the top level, Gazza was running riot for over 10 years in the top leagues in the World and was one of the best English midfielders of all time.

Let's have the debate 10 years from now Si, for now you're talking out your arse.
Foden is likely going to be one of the best players on the planet soon enough and may even eclipse Gazza at some point

However Foden probably started 50-ish games for City in the EPL and Champions league so there is no comparison right now

Even saying Foden has had 2 very good years at City is probably a bit generous, he couldn’t get in the side most weeks last year

I think he was excellent at the start but again it maybe because I think the show has lost its spark in recent months

It has went downhill a bit last few months. Probably because it’s a post mortem on Celtics performances after every old firm game.

Si rabbiting on about Griffiths gets a bit boring as well.

Capaldi looks like what he is, a music student trying to talk about a sport he doesn’t really care or know about.

Looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world and tbh, with the state of the rest of them, I don’t blame him.
I really really really dislike him, the fact people find him funny genuinely scares me.

Cringeworthy as fck.

Will watch the Irvine interview, very decent player who has worked himself up.

Anyone notice Ferry trying to suck Capaldis tit at around 20 secs, then he tries to nick his pint at the end? I expect that video to be gone today at some point lol.

Presume you mean Capaldi? If so i agree. Hes a fucking weirdo.
Yeah.

I understand that’s his character and he has to play it up but by Christ, the fact buy into it and treat him as some sort of patter merchant makes me hate people.

Halliday looks embarrassed in that shite video.
You lay with the dogs and all that. His own fault getting involved with trailer trash content.

Podcast by morons for morons

Open Goal have put out a fair amount of shite over the years (I say that as someone who enjoys the podcast) but that one is the worst. Between Halliday and Capaldi looking uncomfortable, Si Ferry, Slane and Macavennie being incredibly obnoxious and Kevin Kyle being non existent it didn't raise a smile or a laugh.

As above, wouldn't be surprised to see it deleted, maybe in a couple of days when it's less noticeable.

The best thing Halliday has brought is he manages to prove how much an idiot si is each week

If he hadn’t been there ferry would have came across as if he’d won the argument in regards to Gazza v Foden

That says more about the other 3 than anything else though

Snippet from today's but Halliday confirming Warburton had Harry Winks up to sign on loan from Spurs but it then fell through.

Can remember him being linked at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back