Ryan Kent is worth £30m to Rangers insists Ally McCoist

RTamID

Quizzed on what that would be on BT Sport's Scottish Football Extra the former striker named his price.
McCoist said: "By the way, it might happen if they get an unbelievable offer. That is the economics of football, we understand that totally.

What's he worth? £25-30m right now. £25-30m for Ryan Kent."

Fellow guest Chris Sutton chimed in with a fee of £27m.

McCoist responded: "Well done, funnily enough that is between £25-30m!

"You've done well there, that is certainly a figure.

"You need Ryan Kents. These are the players you need to unlock defences, to get the ball, have the stepover: over left he's away right and vice-versa.

"He goes and commits somebody, he gets by somebody and someone has to come to him so the defence opens up.

"He is absolutely vital to Rangers."

g.jpg

At least a realistic price from an ex ger. We’ve got a habit of always playing down our players values for some strange reason. If Tierney costs £25m for a full back then Kent by logic must go for more.
Whilst I agree we have to admit that Tierney, injuries aside, has been a steal for Arsenal. Probably their best player over the course of the season so far.
I honestly believe Kent could play for a top 4 side down there, unfortunately for us he'll probably go to a mid-table team first. Hopefully we insert a sell-on clause if he does go.

Agree with Ally that Kent is worth £30m to us, allowing for his goals ans assists and money available from the champions league.

Whilst I agree we have to admit that Tierney, injuries aside, has been a steal for Arsenal. Probably their best player over the course of the season so far.
I honestly believe Kent could play for a top 4 side down there, unfortunately for us he'll probably go to a mid-table team first. Hopefully we insert a sell-on clause if he does go.
Not agreeing/dis-agreeing with you here but interested to hear who you think he would replace at any of the top four? He may be a decent squad player for West Ham or Leicester but I don't think he gets near a Man City, Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea squad.

Reactions: WBD
Currently easily that, especially if he consolidates his consistency.

If he continues to improve though, even small margins............well.........could get silly.

£30m is the absolute minimum for Kent, Nothing less. EPL teams spend this amount to sit someone on the bench all season. Kent on the other hand would start most games.

There are very few players that offer what he does going forward and also the work rate, tracking back and pressing which is so vital in the modern game.

if we can get him to sign a new deal I expect he will go for around the £30m mark eventually but he will stay this season for CL football

Not agreeing/dis-agreeing with you here but interested to hear who you think he would replace at any of the top four? He may be a decent squad player for West Ham or Leicester but I don't think he gets near a Man City, Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea squad.
I don't think he gets into those teams now but after a few years at a West Ham, Everton etc he could be at that level. All ifs and buts mate but there's a premium for English potential

They pay that sort of money in England for a player to sit on the bench with half Kent's ability!
A players value is what another club is prepared to pay and how affluent they are?

If Kent was showing the form in the premier league that he is showing for Rangers
Then you could probably double that fee of £30 million to £60 million and the daft pundits would be saying he is the next Maradona?

Last edited:
We did well to kb a £15m bid last summer because we clearly felt hes worth more
He's not agitating for a move
His form at the moment is sensational - I think that might be partly due to less game time, which hopefully we can give him next season with Wright and Sakala in the squad. Also his own development though.
I honestly think if we keep him this summer he'll have another season of improvement and his value will increase even further.
He's too good player to spend his whole career in scotland, we'll lose him eventually, just not yet hopefully.
I'd do everything to keep him here this summer, especially if alfie goes. he'll be poty next year.

Easily £30m.
We always tend to underestimate our players values, we need to be ruthless in negotiations.

I really hope Ryan signs the new deal and stays at Ibrox another couple of seasons.

I think that Ryan Kent still has a bit to go as he acquires additional nous in his decision making which will come with maturity.
What does set him out already as different from many similar attacking players, is his fantastic disciplined work rate, something that Steven Gerrard has instilled in his mentality.
Even in games where he hasn't had much change in the last third, he has always contributed to the team performance.
Ryan Kent leaves everything on the pitch by the end of the game.

Great player, there's games where he's off his game but you just know it's in the locker and bang

Ryan Kent is no where near a 30 million player, he has come into his own the past few games but I thought he has been pretty average the rest of the season
The entire league season was set on its way by his opening goal against Aberdeen.
I haven't seen a game he has played in where he hasn't put in an enormous effort.
He is a great team player and just because he isn't scoring worldies or producing magical runs, doesn't mean he isn't grafting away.
League football can often be a grind and it isn't always a spectacle.
To win the league this season and win it in the way it has been won has taken a fantastic amount of hard work from all of our players.
Take your thirty million south of the border and can you guarantee that you will get another Ryan Kent or better?

I think that Ryan Kent still has a bit to go as he acquires additional nous in his decision making which will come with maturity.
What does set him out already as different from many similar attacking players, is his fantastic disciplined work rate, something that Steven Gerrard has instilled in his mentality.
Even in games where he hasn't had much change in the last third, he has always contributed to the team performance.
Ryan Kent leaves everything on the pitch by the end of the game.
His work rate is unreal. Even games where things aren't coming off or he's quiet, you still get him sprinting back 60 yards to put in a tackle. He truly defends from the front

I am desperate for us to get into Champions League next season and give Kent and others a taste of it with a crowd behind them at Ibrox. There are then very few other teams they can go to that would offer guaranteed CL. Makes us more attractive for good players to stay and others to want to sign for us. Kent has been superb this year - and as stated #34 above, even when Kent hasn't been skinning players, he has been working hard for the team. Would love him to be here next season

Ryan Kent has the potential to be a great player, direct, great balance, 2 footed, brave and his game awareness is really improving. Still reckon we’ll keep him next season though.

McCoist is correct.

You wouldn't get a 24 year old English forward with his numbers for any less than that if they played down south.

Look at what the likes of Solanke, Brewster and Maddison went for.
Good point m8, couldn't agree more.

Does that mean Liverpool have f*cked up big time? :D

I don't think they have. At the time I thought we paid at the top end of his value. Almost over paying to get him. He wouldn't have developed there due to lack of game time so I reckon Liverpool did well getting the price they did.

We have seen him go up a few levels but I wasn't convinced he had that level of improvement in his game to start with. Great coaching, an attacking style of football, and confidence to go out and perform has been the difference. And I now think he has more improvement in him so it's scary to think what he could become.

30m minimum right now.

Fair play Ally but Kent has proven it against top EL sides & septic, sheepshaggers etc.

Leeds can %^*& off, our Ryan will be moving top six - nothing less.

Far too good a terroriser to waste in a mid,bottom team.

Ryan Kent is no where near a 30 million player, he has come into his own the past few games but I thought he has been pretty average the rest of the season
Mate no offense but by the laws of football economics of value, prospective resale and overall play from Kent then everything you've said is sh*t in a pan. Have you watched all thirty odd games? What planet you on mucka :shh:

i just feel Kent's skill set is so rare that he's worth that bit more. Players like Kent don't come along often. He's a talisman. He's harder to replace than a 25 goal striker. He's ran at least 3 Old firm games already and he's still young.

It has been a long time since we have seen a guy who runs OF games.

Their support must be terrified of him.

He’s got everything.

If you’re a kid just now, he’s probably the closest thing they’ve seen to Laudrup in terms of pace, power and skill.

I hope the gaffer gets to keep all our top players,yes, it's the business model going forward,but we've really only had this team for two years and if anything should build on our strengths,not weaken them.

And the rest
Reaslistically Rangers would be hard pressed to buy another player of type, as good. Kent was signed with a bit of fortune as Liverpool dropped their price having thought theyd eventually get the £10M or more from Leeds or Villa. We were just nicely placed to step in when it didnt happen.

Now his perceived value is way higher but when he goes Rangers will not buy Ryan Kent II. The profit made will be good and itll allow a good player to be brought in but there will be no direct replacement and that in itself represents a loss of sorts. Inevitable but the reality.

It does make you laugh when people pluck numbers out of thin air to look like their on the pulse.

If Rangers have any sense they wont give ballparks or estimates to anyone and simply say, hes a young player with tremendous pedigree, hes been in sensational consistent form both domestically on in Europe and is getting better all the time, hes key to our team and we dont want to sell.

Change our mind.

Back