Is Tuchel the best manager in world football rn?

Max Payne

Took over in January and was 9th place, leaking goals, weak in attack and looking terrible.

Now firmly in the top 4, in the final of the FA Cup, final of the CL, and 11 clean sheets in 15 EPL games - another record.

Playing constant passing from the back, strong going forward, always playing quality football.

First manager to get to the CL final twice in succession with different teams too.

Hes doing well as is Pep. Klopp had injuries galore.

I like Chelsea and lampard but it was obvious that lampards formation was predictable and easy to play through

I was reminded by an accies fan at work today that I predicted playing a back 3 would transform them. Even suggested on here once :)

Football can be quite a simple game but people get stuck with their thinking due to pressure or certain players down tools etc.

He definitely got a raw deal on here when he was announced as Chelsea manager. Proved a lot of people wrong. Could be a spectacular impact from him.
I’m glad to see him do well as the Chelsea fan reaction was disrespectful to him tbh, not that he would care mind you.

Also has shown how far out his depth Lampard was. He is not a good manager whatsoever.

Still Pep for my money.

Tuchel is top tier though, Chelsea going for him over Lampard when he became available was a no brainer really and the results have shown that.

I’m glad to see him do well as the Chelsea fan reaction was disrespectful to him tbh, not that he would care mind you.

Also has shown how far out his depth Lampard was. He is not a good manager whatsoever.

Yeah, there was a lot of disrespect.

I think a lot of it was down to most people really liking Frank as a person, as a player.

Tuchel clearly levels above Lampard as a manager. People found it hard to separate the two.

RETrr4D.gif

They have a very decent squad on paper so it was no doubt more to do with Lampard being less able to manage a higher standard of overseas players.

Tuchel is top tier though. He’ll likely be at Madrid in a couple of years.

Normally I would have said no, but I’m not sure now because he’s done brilliantly with Chelsea and I’m not sure Pep or Klopp could do that so soon.

He’s definitely in the discussion.

Him, Pep, Klopp, Conte and Zidane all up there along with a few others.

Tuchel has done very well but he took over a team that finished top 4 the season before with over 200m worth of talent just brought in above that

The way some are in this thread you would think he had walked into Arsenal

He's proving his worth. However, im old fashioned, I insist on at least 6 whole months of proven excellence before calling someone the best in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Took over in January and was 9th place, leaking goals, weak in attack and looking terrible.

Now firmly in the top 4, in the final of the FA Cup, final of the CL, and 11 clean sheets in 15 EPL games - another record.

Playing constant passing from the back, strong going forward, always playing quality football.

First manager to get to the CL final twice in succession with different teams too.
He has been very impressive so far at Chelsea, he is certainly one of the top managers around today.
It will be interesting to see what he does in the next two windows and where he takes Chelsea.
I don't think he will win the CL as City look too good, but if he does it will be seen as a major upset in my opinion.

Why do people automatically give Pep the accolade ? Spends fortunes and wins the league every other season.

He should have built a dynasty with what he spent, instead they’ve only made one final and trade titles with others.

Pep has underwhelmed since he left Barcelona.
Underwhelmed?

He's won seventeen trophies since he has left Barca and is on course to win another EPL title, as well as reaching the Champions League final this season.

No

Underwhelmed?

He's won seventeen trophies since he has left Barca and is on course to win another EPL title, as well as reaching the Champions League final this season.

Apart from that though.....

Roberto Di Matteo reached and won a CL final. Avram Grant made it to a CL final. The beauty of cup football, there’s always an element of luck to it especially with the draw.

Underwhelmed?

You or I could have done the same job at Bayern.

I like I said, the success at city....it’s relative.

He absolutely should have built a hegemony at city. Been untouchable. Don’t forget they’ve borderline financial cheated.

Too many underwhelming seasons on his watch. You wouldn’t be surprised if they cede the title again next season. Then romp it in 22/23. Far too inconsistent.

No.

You or I could have done the same job at Bayern.

I like I said, the success at city....it’s relative.

He absolutely should have built a hegemony at city. Been untouchable. Don’t forget they’ve borderline financial cheated.

Too many underwhelming seasons on his watch. You wouldn’t be surprised if they cede the title again next season. Then romp it in 22/23. Far too inconsistent.
Ancelotti never managed it.

No other Barca manager has managed to do what he done, either.

At the end of this season, he will have won three out of five titles at City.

How on earth is that underwhelming or inconsistent?

Dominant team in the premier league. Just how far ahead are they of everyone else?

Ancelotti never managed it.

No other Barca manager has managed to do what he done, either.

At the end of this season, he will have won three out of five titles at City.

How on earth is that underwhelming or inconsistent?

Like I’ve said, the money they’ve spent...it’s obscene. And questionable.
Nobody else should have been able to touch city in his tenure. They’ve had these strange “off” seasons that you’re happy to ignore.

And consistent failings in Europe of course. Which I believe will continue. I expect we’ll be seeing Tuchel lifting the European cup at the end of this month. It possibly won’t be pretty, much like when he outthought Pep in the FA cup just recently. But I expect it to be effective nonetheless.

Happily we have a dress rehearsal Tommorow and I think Chelsea will come out on top there also. It will be a real marker for next season I expect Chelsea to lay down

Tuchel is a good manager, who's had a bit of a raw deal but Chelsea have a very, very good squad and brought in top quality in the past summer. They were massively under performing under Lampard and still trying to gel with all these new players.

Tuchel has come in and got them doing very well and deserves a lot of praise for that. The real test though, will be in the summer. When it comes to strengthening that side and keeping their better players. I'd like a strong Chelsea side again and he's hopefully the man to continue that.

Back