SFA response to Rangers’ disillusionment on Youth Development Pathway projects

Interesting that he says we agreed not to put it to clubs until after the season.

Contradicts the interview saying we had it ready a year ago?

Note how they don't say which inaccuracies.

Probably not popular on here and I don't like the SFA......but I don't see a lot wrong in that response from them.

The inaccuracy is that Petrie is stating the working group agreed to distribute the paper after the season was done, contradicting Stewart Robertson's assertion that the SFA was doing nothing with it.
Up to Robertson to refute that claim, but not sure it's even worth it.

Doesn't change the fact that bot the SFA an SPFL are a shower of useless c*nts that have presided over the deterioration in the Scottish game whilst miring themselves in cronyism and looking after the Bheasts interests. They should all go.

I suspect there is some gamesmanship going on from both sides.

I wouldn't be surprised that the papers recommendations were agreed to be shared post season, but the colts idea was a proposition that rangers wanted brought to all the teams prior, given the urgency.

It simply makes no sense that we would be happy to wait for the colts discussions until post season, primarily because it gives no time to restructure the leagues.

If Robertson can refute these comments then he absolutely must, otherwise he looks amateurish, his credibility takes a dunt, & it gives no marks like Petrie an unchallenged opportunity to have a go at us.

Over to you Stewart...

I'd rather we didn't tbh. Don't really care about the tit for tat or SR losing face. They've said they'll distribute it during the close season. Let's work forward from that then and try and get this implemented and voted on over the summer with a view to it being established in 2022/23 season onwards. If it's voted down then let's look into making ourselves a perm member of the Lowland Leage and work our way up from there.

Makes no sense to me that we (and Celtic) would agree that such a complex paper would only be put to the clubs after 22 May 21. We now know that the league fixtures are to be published in mid June, thus affording no time for consultation, debate and agreement on any league reconstruction; probably the SFA’s intent.

In addition, as the vast majority of these clubs are part time, I would imagine that the immediate period at the end of a season is when they take a mental breather from football for a few weeks and fully concentrate on their other core business interests. There is also the Euro 20 competition to factor in, which will be another reason offered by the ‘Blazerati’, as they will have their snouts fully engaged in the trough, as to why committee work can’t be undertaken.

I fully understand Stewart’s frustration.

How many think tanks and papers about improving Scottish football have there been now and pretty much nothing ever happens? Putting things to a vote then ending up with a half way house of an idea is holding Scottish football back. The teams in the lower echelons of the SPFL won't vote for B-Teams or opening up the pyramid as it removes their safety net.

East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers have found that out and have been replaced by teams who look like they can work their way up a level or two. That's what they are all scared of.

Would love it if the SFA was ripped up and modern, progressive people put in place to revitalise Scottish football and give us a league structure and pyramid where well run clubs can reach their potential without being blocked by single promotion places to move up the pyramid or multiple playoffs just to get their foot in the SPFL door.

Then the clubs, the product and the national team would all thrive and we might start moving past some of the hatred that has plagued our national sport for dacades.

Fukkk knows. But when you hear the original video from the club and absorb that reply it’s clear it’s all about stifling adventure and progress . It’s not wanted . Especially from us .

The other clubs want to stifle it - it's every man for themselves and none of them care about the greater good of Scottish football moving out of the dark ages. They want what they have (at a minimum) and in hindsight this covid pandemic should have been the perfect storm to see a load of them disappear.

Far too many meaningless teams in Scotland, all simply intent on protecting their position in the pyramid.

I really don’t know a great deal about this, but when the aim between us and them is adversarial then nothing is going to change. More interested in “correcting inaccuracies” to save face in some way than to work together for the benefit of Scottish football.

The other clubs want to stifle it - it's every man for themselves and none of them care about the greater good of Scottish football moving out of the dark ages. They want what they have (at a minimum) and in hindsight this covid pandemic should have been the perfect storm to see a load of them disappear.

Far too many meaningless teams in Scotland, all simply intent on protecting their position in the pyramid.
Exactly and the only way itd ever be broken is a break away led by the big clubs, similar to the EPL in England. Highly unlikely given recent unpopular, failed events with the ESL but it would be the only way.

The pretender clubs should be sent to the Jrs where they belong and a very small select group of clubs with the infrastructure and stewardship required to be Pro should form a much smaller, simpler League under a new banner.

Probably not popular on here and I don't like the SFA......but I don't see a lot wrong in that response from them.
It could be straightforward lies from them which hopefully we have proof of.

Could also just be some sort of misunderstanding. If this is the case we should be asking ourselves why we got it wrong.

Will just need to wait till it plays out.

If Robertson can refute these comments then he absolutely must, otherwise he looks amateurish, his credibility takes a dunt, & it gives no marks like Petrie an unchallenged opportunity to have a go at us.

Over to you Stewart...
Also gives our media clowns an open shot at us. I hope we haven't fekd up.

surely can only be a good thing? If the SPFL are so opposed can we not do something with a lower league team in England?
There are rules in place to stop this sort of thing.

It could be set up as a separate club but would mean transferring players permanently to that club, which would be risky. And they would have to start at the bottom. And would need to play in England.

Also gives our media clowns an open shot at us. I hope we haven't fekd up.
It seems, to me, too easy a comeback from the SFA to be wrong but one where Robertson isn’t wrong either.
A play on words, possibly.
I thought they might be challenging the, much more ludicrous suggestion that they couldn’t copy the Croatia model because they‘ve been so successful.
Reads like Robertson hasn’t got that one wrong.

The thing is,these 'other clubs' have watched the filth, with the help of the authorities bulldoze their way through and implement any change that takes their fancy. The renovation (no sniggering please) in 2014 being a case in point.

We were told a total reorganisation of the league set ups had to come into force, and new cash incentives built in (which of course helped only the filth) or Scottish football would die.

When the filth, aided and abetted by the SPFL and the SFA act only in their best interests, and it is openly staring us in the face, the complete body swerving of the Dubai debacle for instance? Then why shouldn't the wee teams, 'the other teams' look out solely for number one?

Until every last one of the chancers and filth placemen are bombed and strafed out of office, Scottish football will career from calamity to clamity like an exerpt from Shane Duffy's 20/21 Greatest Hits, back catalogue.

Let Rangers continue to put our building blocks in place and sod the rest. It's all we can do.

I suspect there is quite a lot of semantics going on here, on both sides.

Robertson didn’t say he didn’t know why they paper hadn’t been distributed. He said “you’d need to ask the SFA and SPFL”. Which, given the working body falls under their auspices would be the right and proper thing to do, unless SR had been nominated as a spokesman.

The SFA then pick up on that and call it an inaccuracy, which it’s not. They also then say that the group ”unanimously” agreed not to publish the document and then point out that Robertson was a member of the group. They are implying that he was in favour of withholding the document, but that’s not necessarily the case. If he is in the room arguing for it to be released immediately and every other member is saying no, then the decision of the group is to withhold. And SR will have seen the futility in forcing a vote, on which he would be the only dissenter. But that’s not to say he agreed with the outcome, which is the implication they are drawing.

Frankly, it seems Stewart Robertson would have been better simply saying “the biggest frustration is that’s the document hasn’t been distributed to the clubs. The working group collectively decided to withhold it until the end of the season, so we are waiting until then”. It appears he’s given that his choice of words has allowed them to pick on a minor point in order to avoid addressing the bigger picture.

Amazing how quickly they break cover when it suits them to come out against Rangers, been posted missing for months in fact decades about other matters. %^*& it let's fire back, in not usually into tit for tat with this lot but what do we have to lose. Let's fire into another summer of getting stuck into them

Amazing how quickly they break cover when it suits them to come out against Rangers, been posted missing for months in fact decades about other matters. %^*& it let's fire back, in not usually into tit for tat with this lot but what do we have to lose. Let's fire into another summer of getting stuck into them
You can almost still feel Liewell's presence at the back of this.

Petrie? Sod all to say about Dubai, but let's get stuck into Rangers over youth football as a matter of urgency.

I have to be honest, my first thought yesterday afternoon was “Christ they reacted to that in less than 24 hours with a lengthy statement. It took them about 5 days to put so much as a generic anti-racism tweet out following the abuse of Kamara”.

How many think tanks and papers about improving Scottish football have there been now and pretty much nothing ever happens? Putting things to a vote then ending up with a half way house of an idea is holding Scottish football back. The teams in the lower echelons of the SPFL won't vote for B-Teams or opening up the pyramid as it removes their safety net.

East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers have found that out and have been replaced by teams who look like they can work their way up a level or two. That's what they are all scared of.

Would love it if the SFA was ripped up and modern, progressive people put in place to revitalise Scottish football and give us a league structure and pyramid where well run clubs can reach their potential without being blocked by single promotion places to move up the pyramid or multiple playoffs just to get their foot in the SPFL door.

Then the clubs, the product and the national team would all thrive and we might start moving past some of the hatred that has plagued our national sport for dacades.
Really good post.

I have to be honest, my first thought yesterday afternoon was “Christ they reacted to that in less than 24 hours with a lengthy statement. It took them about 5 days to put so much as a generic anti-racism tweet out following the abuse of Kamara”.
God hadn't even factored in the Kamara abuse and the deathly silence, was thinking more about Dubai and the CSA scandal. Truly horrible, not fit for purpose Organisation. Say SR was wrong, bid deal. Clubs can look after themselves, no involvement when it is needed and rapid response when no involvement is needed. Utter utter charlatans

I suspect there is some gamesmanship going on from both sides.

I wouldn't be surprised that the papers recommendations were agreed to be shared post season, but the colts idea was a proposition that rangers wanted brought to all the teams prior, given the urgency.

It simply makes no sense that we would be happy to wait for the colts discussions until post season, primarily because it gives no time to restructure the leagues.

Yes, SFA and SPFL push any effort at change into the long grass. Like getting fans back into games. "Too difficult".

In my opinion, by waiting to discuss this after the season has finished, it gives the club very little time to decide what players, who’d be playing at that level, that they’re keeping and letting go.

This is about player development, and if we are being honest, since the inception of our training facility, more teams have had first team players that started with us than our own first team. Obviously these figures would be replicated across every major club with a training structure like ours, but my point is that yes, it’s designed to benefit us more and rightly so, but plenty other teams will benefit from this too.

Typical blinkered selfishness from Scottish football.

Robertson didn’t say he didn’t know why they paper hadn’t been distributed. He said “you’d need to ask the SFA and SPFL”. Which, given the working body falls under their auspices would be the right and proper thing to do, unless SR had been nominated as a spokesman.

The SFA then pick up on that and call it an inaccuracy, which it’s not. They also then say that the group ”unanimously” agreed not to publish the document and then point out that Robertson was a member of the group. They are implying that he was in favour of withholding the document, but that’s not necessarily the case. If he is in the room arguing for it to be released immediately and every other member is saying no, then the decision of the group is to withhold. And SR will have seen the futility in forcing a vote, on which he would be the only dissenter. But that’s not to say he agreed with the outcome, which is the implication they are drawing.

Frankly, it seems Stewart Robertson would have been better simply saying “the biggest frustration is that’s the document hasn’t been distributed to the clubs. The working group collectively decided to withhold it until the end of the season, so we are waiting until then”. It appears he’s given that his choice of words has allowed them to pick on a minor point in order to avoid addressing the bigger picture.
They would find fault, no matter what he says

Why are nobodies like Petrie still involved in running the game up here
Because we are hellbent on remaining a footballing backwater in this country that's why. We never look in the mirror!

Take Norway as an example. A country of similar population to Scotland, yet look at the talent they can produce regularly because they understand the importance of priority.

Nurturing youth and remaining professional above all else.

A steadfast intent of doing what's right for the good of the national game unhindered by bias or favour.

This is what's required of our governing body. A million miles removed from what we've actually had in place for decades.

Not just for Rangers but for the good of the entire game in this country change is paramount. Real radical change from top to bottom. Until such time as this happens we can look forward to continual embarrassment both nationally and at club level in Europe.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember Robertson saying he didn't know why the paper hadn't been distributed.

The bottom line is the SFA and SPFL have failed to progress football in this country.

They deserve all the criticism coming to them - they are a joke and it is long overdue that the useless individuals within are removed because they contribute nothing to the game other than division, contradiction and suspicion.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember Robertson saying he didn't know why the paper hadn't been distributed.

The bottom line is the SFA and SPFL have failed to progress football in this country.

They deserve all the criticism coming to them - they are a joke and it is long overdue that the useless individuals within are removed because they contribute nothing to the game other than

Assuming true the response is ok. Suggests that robertson talking rubbish as he is fully aware as to why proposal has not yet been shared. So Gers should challenge that big time. Should be easy enough to disprove if written comms exist.

The inaccuracy is that Petrie is stating the working group agreed to distribute the paper after the season was done, contradicting Stewart Robertson's assertion that the SFA was doing nothing with it.
Up to Robertson to refute that claim, but not sure it's even worth it.

Doesn't change the fact that bot the SFA an SPFL are a shower of useless c*nts that have presided over the deterioration in the Scottish game whilst miring themselves in cronyism and looking after the Bheasts interests. They should all go.
AGAIN A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE BY THE CLUBS, BAR THREE!

Over to you Stewart...

Good post. Let's hear from Stewart.

Spot on. Doncaster had previous for playing clever games with words and sidestepping the key points. Looks like Petrie is using same tactics here.

It seems, to me, too easy a comeback from the SFA to be wrong but one where Robertson isn’t wrong either.
A play on words, possibly.
I thought they might be challenging the, much more ludicrous suggestion that they couldn’t copy the Croatia model because they‘ve been so successful.
Reads like Robertson hasn’t got that one wrong.
A play on words is exactly what it is. I was coming on to say the same thing. Interestingly, deflection, denial and playing with words are all things that the SFA and the club from the East end of Glasgow regularly have in common. Also, let’s not forget that this is the man who passed off rioting and assaults on our players after a cup final as ‘over exuberance.’ This guy definitely knows how to play with words !

We're up against masters of running the committee system. There won't be a vote taken by these people unless they know the result in advance. That's a really difficult thing to fight, but Robertson should not be going along with unanimous votes if they're going to be used against him and the club.

Scottish football is in the state its in because Rangers and Celtic dominate so much. We have the anti establishment views of Ceptic which means their fans will never accept people running the game (SFA,SPL,refs) and with Lawwell increasing their influence behind the scene, we have taken same view as Ceptic fans and believe there is a conspiracy against us. The rest of the fans in Scotland believe Rangers and Ceptic get everything in their favour.
The only way things will improve is to have a strong, independent SFA who will do what's best for Scottish football by having office bearers with no ties to any club in Scotland. The SPFL board is run by club representatives. How will Les Gray of Hamilton vote ? For the good of Scottish football or for the benefit of Hamilton?

Back