Scottish Premiership
12/05/2021 6:00pm Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee Don Robertson
AR1Graeme Leslie
AR2Ralph Gordon
Fourth Official Steven Kirkland

Great minds...lol
Or fools seldom differ! B-)

However, as much as we get caught up in that game of all games. I don't recall a linesman ver entering the field of play and obstructing a team legitimately trying to play the game?

Sure, there's been plenty of bad calls both for and against every team. But for me, last Sunday was a first and needs to be dealt with.

I remember the 2004 LC q/f v the yahoos at Ibrox and in extra time the ref awarded Rangers a corner at the Copland and Govan side of the park.

The linesman at the other end had already called for offside and he held his hand up continually to catch the ref's attention. So much so he encroached onto the pitch several yards to make sure we didn't get the corner. His name was Bryan Cryans I'm sure. I wonder what Ludge he was in?

However, last week was and remains off the scale and that runt needs to be sacked. Just another example of yahoos ruining everything they touch and taint with their bigotry.

There was a lengthy thread on it .
Obviously I missed it.

However, would it be fair of me to surmise, no futher action has been taken against this guy, either by us highlighting it, or the SFA not giving a toss?

If it was the other way about, they guy would already have been hounded out of the game.

Obviously I missed it.

However, would it be fair of me to surmise, no futher action has been taken against this guy, either by us highlighting it, or the SFA not giving a toss?

If it was the other way about, they guy would already have been hounded out of the game.
Someone on the thread reckoned the ref had told him to stand on the corner area to let the ref deal with jostling etc .

However there was a gif that the linesman go’s up the tunnel without shaking Steven Gerrards hand , clearly noticed by our manager , you should try and take a look at that clip .

Or fools seldom differ! B-)

However, as much as we get caught up in that game of all games. I don't recall a linesman ver entering the field of play and obstructing a team legitimately trying to play the game?

Sure, there's been plenty of bad calls both for and against every team. But for me, last Sunday was a first and needs to be dealt with.

I remember the 2004 LC q/f v the yahoos at Ibrox and in extra time the ref awarded Rangers a corner at the Copland and Govan side of the park.

The linesman at the other end had already called for offside and he held his hand up continually to catch the ref's attention. So much so he encroached onto the pitch several yards to make sure we didn't get the corner. His name was Bryan Cryans I'm sure. I wonder what Ludge he was in?

However, last week was and remains off the scale and that runt needs to be sacked. Just another example of yahoos ruining everything they touch and taint with their bigotry.
...and his disappearing up the tunnel like The Road Runner on speed on the final whistle. Standard practice is for both linesman to join the referee in the centre circle and leave the pitch together.

Reactions: TQ3
...and his disappearing up the tunnel like The Road Runner on speed on the final whistle. Standard practice is for both linesman to join the referee in the centre circle and leave the pitch together.
I think the brilliant poster , edwierd , probably done the gif of it ? Someone will have the minerals to find the thread .

Someone on the thread reckoned the ref had told him to stand on the corner area to let the ref deal with jostling etc .

However there was a gif that the linesman go’s up the tunnel without shaking Steven Gerrards hand , clearly noticed by our manager , you should try and take a look at that clip .
On possibly the original thread on the Sun/Mon there was a theory doing the rounds that the ref was checking up on an injured Celtic player further up the park, but he was okay, so there was no justification for the linesman's actions.

I did see him rushing up the tunnel and whilst part of me wouldn't have it any other way, there is every reason on seeing his action to doubt his 'professionalism' and therefore his judgement, so for me his behaviour should have been highlighted.

At the very least the ref would have had to have been roped in to explain what happened one way or another.

As I've said elsewhere, a bluenose acting like that x2, and he'd be an ex official by now.

On possibly the original thread on the Sun/Mon there was a theory doing the rounds that the ref was checking up on an injured Celtic player further up the park, but he was okay, so there was no justification for the linesman's actions.

I did see him rushing up the tunnel and whilst part of me wouldn't have it any other way, there is every reason on seeing his action to doubt his 'professionalism' and therefore his judgement, so for me his behaviour should have been highlighted.

At the very least the ref would have had to have been roped in to explain what happened one way or another.

As I've said elsewhere, a bluenose acting like that x2, and he'd be an ex official by now.
Steven Gerrard clearly notices it .

Reactions: TQ3
Clancy managed the last word when sending Alfredo off at the piggery , our season fell off a cliff , we were without Morelos for 4 games & also missed Tav , I suppose he roundabout done us a favour , by highlighting a lack of depth , but he dealt a savage blow on the year befores title , far more that septic did on that day .

He was letting the ref get into position for the corner as his back was to the play, the bolt at the end did seem odd Gerrard wasnt totally surprised but did seem to be saying have a look at this maniac.

You are right about Edweird guy does a fine job highlighting all the ref madness and the many many wtf moments over the season. Not sure our club does anything just accepts it which only encourages them.

Maybe we should copy the linesmans routine and not shake hands with refs like Madden that have always been completely biased towards the tims and against Rangers. Id love to see it would at least be a start cos next season is going to be absoutley the worst ever when it comes to bending rules and which incidents they feel comfortable dealing with.

...and his disappearing up the tunnel like The Road Runner on speed on the final whistle. Standard practice is for both linesman to join the referee in the centre circle and leave the pitch together
Sorry to say but you are wrong there.
Nowadays there are so many people in the technical area (dugouts) that the 4th Official couldn't control on his own if it kicks off.
Each game on its merit some need it some don't.

Clancy's performance at the piggery in Dec 2019 was the worst ever by a Scottish referee and should have seen him banished to the lower leagues. Robertson has never been able to match this.

Robertson is not as blatant in his decisions, I guarantee we are talking about him after livi.

Tbf I thought Walsh done well in the old firm game so happy with that. Robertson is just a general bad referee.

And we still won the league! Despite their best efforts, we have overcome their bias. The discipline in our team now is top drawer, Ryan Jack has learnt a new version of himself at Rangers, he can’t tackle now! He isn’t allowed the standard that he was used to at the sheep.
His reward for reinventing himself is a nice glittering league winners medal, the refs remain the same.

I said on the other thread that the linesman was likely told by the ref to stop the corner being taken either whilst he got into position or sorted something out. You see plenty of examples where the linesman stands in front of the ball to stop the corner being taken.

I noticed our friendly linesman waited beside the ref tonight to shake hands with the 2 sets of players , after missing that hibs 2nd goal was offside .

Back