Pathetic Quality From Castore

These absolute shysters are churning out absolute trash costing them buttons for £70.

They’ll be making an absolute fortune and don’t seem to care one iota.

Fully exploiting a loyal fan base to make maximum gains.

Shameful company.

I ordered 2 face masks with Rangers 55 champions stamped on them , I’d only opened one , so went to find the other one there half an hour ago and lo and behold it’s plain black !!!!!!
No gold writing or nothing on it

Ffs I paid £12 for a black face mask , is it any wonder people use DHgate when Rangers rip fans off like this ??

email going to Rangers right now
Castore are selling face masks for £4.50 on their site.

Castore are selling face masks for £4.50 on their site.
Its Rangers i bought mine from , I presume its Castore i have bought it off as it was the same company i paid via paypal for the bucket hat 8 weeks ago , Castore,

Fleecing us for piss poor quality - one thing you can not say about Hummel was the quality was not shite

Its Rangers i bought mine from , I presume its Castore i have bought it off as it was the same company i paid via paypal for the bucket hat 8 weeks ago , Castore,

Fleecing us for piss poor quality - one thing you can not say about Hummel was the quality was not shite

Hummel kits were superb quality.
All my Hummel shirts are still in perfect condition.

Somewhere between the Hummel deal ending and the Castore one starting, I must’ve completely forgotten how to wash a football shirt.

I ordered 2 face masks with Rangers 55 champions stamped on them , I’d only opened one , so went to find the other one there half an hour ago and lo and behold it’s plain black !!!!!!
No gold writing or nothing on it

Ffs I paid £12 for a black face mask , is it any wonder people use DHgate when Rangers rip fans off like this ??

email going to Rangers right now
Pathetic stuff. Where do you stay mate? Should be able to swap it in the shop for you if you’re able to go there.

Hummel kits were superb quality.
All my Hummel shirts are still in perfect condition.

Somewhere between the Hummel deal ending and the Castore one starting, I must’ve completely forgotten how to wash a football shirt.
That’s my favourite bit about this thread. People telling people who have had dozens upon dozens of football shirts from various manufacturers over the years with barely an issue that they aren’t washing Castore stuff right.

They're going to ruin our 150th anniversary tops ain't they?

I'm sure Jimmy Bell is raging with the amount of tops and gear he's had to bin this season. He'll need to get mud and grass stains out so will need to wash at a higher temp which would disintegrate the logos and stitching.

Must admit this has crossed my mind more than once.

If they thought the demand was mental this season the 150th stuff will be off the scale.

It will be simply unforgivable for them to stuff that up.

I'm a bit sceptical about the Castore team and product. I'm hopeful that after the initial deal is finished then we move on to bigger but more importantly better.

I sort of sided on giving them a pass on the initial issues, mainly due to the massive increase in demand that they wouldn't have experienced before, a genuine reason to blame the pandemic, not like companies who seem to blame everything on covid.

But a year into this, they've released a Champions Kit with the exact same issues at kits that were released almost 1 year ago.

Bisgrove's comments are a load of nonsense imo. A few issues with a few people at the start. I don't want to call him a liar because that's harsh, but he needs to re adress these comments.

Thanks .... email sent
I hope you get a better response than I got for the two emails I sent to the Rangers online store where I purchased my tops.

By the way, I noticed you also had to pay €98 extra - as did I - however, when you visit the online store, you get a message stating you will get free P&P for orders over €120 with all custom taxes and duties included in the price.

I took a screengrab and sent it to concierge@rangersstore.co.uk asking to be reimbursed for all taxes and duties that, according to their websits, is included.

A sorry state of affairs and the Castore contract needs to be terminated asap.

P.S. My Hummel gear that I wear and wash regularly is still top notch.

They're going to ruin our 150th anniversary tops ain't they?

I'm sure Jimmy Bell is raging with the amount of tops and gear he's had to bin this season. He'll need to get mud and grass stains out so will need to wash at a higher temp which would disintegrate the logos and stitching.

I probably sound like an idiot but I assumed the players would wear new kit for every game and only training stuff and jackets etc would be re worn

I probably sound like an idiot but I assumed the players would wear new kit for every game and only training stuff and jackets etc would be re worn
Being honest I'm actually not sure. Seems a bit excessive having a new kit for every player for every game but you never know!

I visited a Castore Rangers Store for the first time today, and it reinforced my opinion that Castore aren't fit for purpose.

99.9% of everything I seen looked like cheap rubbish.

I'd say Primark is better quality.
Sports Direct's shit Rangers gear looks like it would last longer than the Castore stuff.

They are taking the absolute pish out of our support.

I returned my Champions top which I ordered the minute it came out - was planning on getting it framed. No chance - The quality was abysmal. Embroidery was squint, letters different sizes and the white bar at the neck was also squint. This was the first time i'd seen a Castore Rangers top up close - I was shocked. It looked like a knock-off.

Followed the return instructions on the receipt... Order number not recognised. Contacted Rangers Store Concierge and got the bounce back email saying go to Hermes and return it. Wasn't sure who to return it to - Rangers or Castore. Eventually got an email back from Rangers Store to say send it back to Castore. Then had to PAY to return this piece of crap through Hermes and now it's gone missing and nobody will take any responsibility for it. So I'm now down the price of a shirt, the price of delivery and the price to return it with only the vague hope of getting the price of the faulty shirt back.

This is simply not good enough. They are fleecing the fans with shoddy, but expensive gear and don't even have the customer services in place to deal with their shambolic quality control issues.

I'm done with Castore.

I returned my Champions top which I ordered the minute it came out - was planning on getting it framed. No chance - The quality was abysmal. Embroidery was squint, letters different sizes and the white bar at the neck was also squint. This was the first time i'd seen a Castore Rangers top up close - I was shocked. It looked like a knock-off.

Followed the return instructions on the receipt... Order number not recognised. Contacted Rangers Store Concierge and got the bounce back email saying go to Hermes and return it. Wasn't sure who to return it to - Rangers or Castore. Eventually got an email back from Rangers Store to say send it back to Castore. Then had to PAY to return this piece of crap through Hermes and now it's gone missing and nobody will take any responsibility for it. So I'm now down the price of a shirt, the price of delivery and the price to return it with only the vague hope of getting the price of the faulty shirt back.

This is simply not good enough. They are fleecing the fans with shoddy, but expensive gear and don't even have the customer services in place to deal with their shambolic quality control issues.

I'm done with Castore.
Castore included a leaflet in with champions top boasting how easy they've made it to return items as well.

Absolutely shocking, time and time again they've said one thing and failed to deliver on it

I'm done with Castore.

That’s bloody shocking.

I defended Castore last year and gave them the benefit of the doubt, but not anymore.

To be this far down the road with fans still enduring dreadful customer service and shoddy products is simply not good enough.

I'm waiting on a Champions top being delivered and I'm in two minds whether to just cancel the order or not. I've already accepted that I'm likely to receive a top with poor embroidery and given the hassle people are having returning items, I don't want to go through the same.

On the other hand, I don't want to cancel and not put money into the club.

They're going to remove their young, hip Scouse masks and reveal they are in fact fat Cockney wankers after all, like an Ibrox episode of Scooby Doo, aren't they?

They're going to remove their young, hip Scouse masks and reveal they are in fact fat Cockney wankers after all, like an Ibrox episode of Scooby Doo, aren't they?

The quality of stuff from SD was miles better than Castore.

Obviously, we made peanuts from the deal and MA is MA.

Castore now have no excuses for the pathetic quality they’re providing.
But there are no signs of improvement.

There is no MA involvement with Castore whatsoever, though.

We bought hummel gear for work uniforms about 14 years ago. They are still like new to this day.
I have bought the three strips, navy training shorts, navy sweat shirt, navy quarter zip training top, the orange training shirt and this week 2 pair of the pro white sorts and i have had no problem whatsoever with ANY of the gear. All washed in cold water as we do down here.
The shirts with wonky embroidery are ridiculous for sure but I think the stuff going bad in the wash is maybe questionable.

As said I wonder if some of the people are leaving the washing to their Mrs/Mum and its going in with the wrong stuff/at the wrong temp/on the wrong cycle?

My Hummel Rangers shirts still get worn most week as I like them. Theyve been washed 50000 times and still are AAA condition.

The Castore shirts I bought have been washed loads as well, always keeping it quick lowest temp cycle and being careful what I mix it with. No tumble drying and getting it outside as much as the weather allows to keep the material robust. So far theyve remained in superb condition.

However given the number of people experiencing issues is it not possible to organise some sort of Quality Feedback session with Castore and Fan representation?

I just posted this on Twitter after discovering earlier. Some of these strips are decades old & are in better nick than Castore stuff.

I wonder if this is a testament to the old days of football strips being produced for the fans on a totally different business/commercial paradigm? Adidas were just as established a sports brand when they were our kit partner in the 90s as today, but naturally the international mass market has led to a low cost, average quality and high volume model. I doubt these conglomerates could be convinced to readopt their old business practices, for fear of hurting profits.

Putting the prices of kits back up to full price when the season is almost over is nonsense.

People endorsing that is ridiculous. Not everything the club do is always correct.

It’s taking the piss and Castore quality for our merch has been poor so far.

The Turkey/China debacle and following explanation was a shambles. The Fruit of the Loom school jumpers was even worse!

Not impressed with them.

ive seen 5 champions top my mates have now, and each one of them is absolutely shocking!

the actual strip is ok, but the embroidery looks like it was done by a blind person

Don’t want a new thread,
anyone know if Ibrox store is printing?
kids tops bought online need names numbers
tried 0141 427 4444 but ringing out.
cheers.

ive seen 5 champions top my mates have now, and each one of them is absolutely shocking!

the actual strip is ok, but the embroidery looks like it was done by a blind person

Is the supporters’ fault, mate.

The transfers all peeled off, so we asked for embroidery instead.

However, we didn’t specify that we wanted the embroidery to be in a straight line and for all the letters to be the same size and going in the same direction.

Just like we don’t know how to use washing machines, we don’t know how to clarify our exact embroidery requirements.

Back