Oli McBurnie likely to be in bother

What we don’t see is what happened before he stands up to them. Boy could’ve been getting all sorts of abuse then just snapped. Social media fannys looking for likes

I’ve watched the clip several times and I still can’t make out what happened . Is it a crime to stand on a phone , as that’s all I see macburnie doing .
The guy with the phone clearly says something that provokes him. Whether it’s one thing and McBurnies just having a bad day or they’ve been harassing the guy for hours, it’s impossible to tell.

McBurnie then grabs the guy, the phone hits the deck, OM pushes and tried to punch the guy and then his mates start shouting for him to leave him.

it’s fucking handbags at best and I’d bet a lot if money the wee prick deserved it

The guy with the phone clearly says something that provokes him. Whether it’s one thing and McBurnies just having a bad day or they’ve been harassing the guy for hours, it’s impossible to tell.

McBurnie then grabs the guy, the phone hits the deck, OM pushes and tried to punch the guy and then his mates start shouting for him to leave him.

it’s fucking handbags at best and I’d bet a lot if money the wee prick deserved it

Big Duncan Ferguson would have shoved the phone up his arse and pulled it out his throat.

And you are messi are ye .

Or is that you when you miss yer mooth when eatin.
:)) I don't pretend to be a professional footballer, so your point isn't very relevant is it?

Why so defensive of McBurnie anyway? Everyone (well most) on here are Rangers fans as well, just because some of us don't rate him doesn't mean he is somehow a better player because he supports Rangers.

He does seem a bit of a dafty, safe to say however that those giving him grief on Twitter etc would have had the violins out for Lennon when he was caught making an arse of himself a couple of weeks ago.

The "victim" has said

He was arguing with a girl, me and my 2 friends told him to calm down and I joked that whatever happened can't be worse than being relegated. He laughed and asked me to stop filming I said no he then attacked me.

Why film him when he asked to stop?

:)) I don't pretend to be a professional footballer, so your point isn't very relevant is it?

Why so defensive of McBurnie anyway? Everyone (well most) on here are Rangers fans as well, just because some of us don't rate him doesn't mean he is somehow a better player because he supports Rangers.
He’s not brilliant at Prem level but he’s a good forward. There can be decent arguments either way about his quality.

I suppose there is some defensiveness as many of us suspect the criticism he is subjected to by the Tartan Army and Scottish Press is often so vicious simply because he’s a Rangers fan.

Has the wee nyaff been arrested for filming someone without their permission?. Honestly nothing I had more than the big brother culture these days.

Cringeworthy as fck.

Didn’t know that was the case to be honest, it boils my piss that nothing can happen these days without a recording.

As you can tell it annoys me :))
Agreed I think it’s utterly disgusting the culture of everything going on film and being posted on social media for the world to see .

No privacy whatsoever .

Didn’t know that was the case to be honest, it boils my piss that nothing can happen these days without a recording.

As you can tell it annoys me :))
It annoys me to, people filming others rather than helping etc or in this case filming being asked to stop then whinging when he gets a clout

Got a lot of sympathy for footballers etc. who react like this. It would take a lot to hold you back from smashing up the phones of tossers like this. Who do people think they are trying to goad and embarrass footballers/celebs constantly then run away greetin' about it once they get a smack.

Good on him I say.

About ten years ago I would have been of the mindset to say just be the better man and walk away. But with the turn society has taken with the pranking, trolling and general obnoxious gobbers I don't blame anyone for dishing out a shiny.

It started with weirdos taking pictures of their food a few years ago and now its developed into whipping the phone out at every opportunity and harassing people just going about their life.

Hopefully the judge is of a talk shit get hit school of thought. And maybe Oli can go cool off and focus on whats important.

Slap on the wrist and move on.

This situations sums up today's society and generation. Act the (unt & get your phone out as it makes you untouchable. The rare time they get what they deserve they play the victim.

Unfortunately, the reaction of many punters and the authorities solidify the fact that these wee fannies will continue to do as they please as they know the finger will never be pointed at them, all the while they'll get a few likes & views out of it.

A sorry situation.

About ten years ago I would have been of the mindset to say just be the better man and walk away. But with the turn society has taken with the pranking, trolling and general obnoxious gobbers I don't blame anyone for dishing out a shiny.

It started with weirdos taking pictures of their food a few years ago and now its developed into whipping the phone out at every opportunity and harassing people just going about their life.

Hopefully the judge is of a talk shit get hit school of thought. And maybe Oli can go cool off and focus on whats important.

Slap on the wrist and move on.
Again, I don't think "talk shit get hit" is covered at law school...

Bottom line is it looks like an assault, he can't really have any complaints.

A group of wee fannies act the wideo then go crying to the Polis because they watched their mate get a sore face, how pathetic.

Hope the Police can recover the original video which they’ve no doubt deleted, it won’t clear him but would probably mitigate his actions somewhat.

Id say the latest video shows provocation and harassment. Not sure that will be a defence agaunst assault but certainly mitigating circumstances.

Football really does attract society's biggest losers.

McBurnie's earning over £1m a year and this useless low accomplished pleb working as an insurance broker reckons he's earned the right to take a dig.

Sums up the grandiose terms that much of society's losers think of themselves these days.

If you call down the thunder...

Hopefully common sense will prevail and Oli wont get anything other than some bad press.

The Jockoland Army hate him anyway for the obvs so no great loss.

NINTCHDBPICT000652525137.jpg

It's alleged that 21-year old Elliott Wright, a Leeds United fan and insurance broker (complete with black eye) reported the incident.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of lamping the fanny, McBurnie stoating around blootered - injured or otherwise - is a typical indictment of the lack of professionalism and dedication of Scottish (in particular) and British players.

Not many of his contemporaries on the continent would be up to such high jinks in the midst of their professional career.

Though the young batch of up and coming England future players do seem to have their heads screwed on the right way.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of lamping the fanny, McBurnie stoating around blootered - injured or otherwise - is a typical indictment of the lack of professionalism and dedication of Scottish (in particular) and British players.

Not many of his contemporaries on the continent would be up to such high jinks in the midst of their professional career.

Though the young batch of up and coming England future players do seem to have their heads screwed on the right way.
These the same young up and comers that brought a couple tarts in Iceland up to their room during a pandemic and filming it all. Or Grealish who has been caught drunk driving multiple times.

Back