2021 POTY Awards On RTV.

Earlier in the season I had said I think the club should give ST holders one or two home qualifiers / domestic cup games for next season but the flip side is not everyone this season will take theirs for next season

something like this would have been a gesture of some sort

to continue the radio silence on Bisgrove’s comments at the start of the season is a poor show though IMO. It’s as though the comments were never made given there hasn’t been a peep out the club since
I'm just delighted Park and Co had cash and balls to turn down a 13m bid for Morelos during a season we've lost 20m quid.

Hope you get your free league cup ticket.

They should have offered it free to ST holders who paid a fortune and didnt even get into any games
Bingo. Going by the replies to the tweet the club have seriously misjudged the reaction from fans.

free for st holders or streamed for free on club YouTube was the way to go

I'm just delighted Park and Co had cash and balls to turn down a 13m bid for Morelos during a season we've lost 20m quid.

Hope you get your free league cup ticket.
It’s totally irrelevant though to the topic in hand but you carry on ...

as I said, ST holders aren’t demanding from the club. Bisgrove literally stated this without being asked about it by ST holders ...

How good is it to actually give a shit about the POTY awards now?

We've had some tough years, I don't even want to think of the award winners would have been a few years ago.

It’s totally irrelevant though to the topic in hand but you carry on ...

as I said, ST holders aren’t demanding from the club. Bisgrove literally stated this without being asked about it by ST holders ...
Will a league cup ticket be enough?
be honest

7.99 is a bit much for season ticket holders.
Will this be available for those of us on overseas subscription?

Won't see it anyway, as working then.

Earlier in the season I had said I think the club should give ST holders one or two home qualifiers / domestic cup games for next season but the flip side is not everyone this season will take theirs for next season

something like this would have been a gesture of some sort

to continue the radio silence on Bisgrove’s comments at the start of the season is a poor show though IMO. It’s as though the comments were never made given there hasn’t been a peep out the club since
Sorry mate I skimmed through this post

You want the club to let in 46k fans for free in our first Champions league qualifier in 10 years????

You getting we lost 20m last year?
Kinda suggest any gesture won't be enough

It would be nice to get something back for the money we've spent. Yes, it's great that we won the league and it should be reward enough, but we've also just paid out £500 (and more) for next season and we still have no guarantee about actually being in the stadium.

A freebie for ST holders would have been a smart move.

It would be nice to get something back for the money we've spent. Yes, it's great that we won the league and it should be reward enough, but we've also just paid out £500 (and more) for next season and we still have no guarantee about actually being in the stadium.

A freebie for ST holders would have been a smart move.
The directors are putting in 20m to give us a chance of champions league football
You're 500 quid is well spent mate

The capacity for the good folk of FollowFollow to find something to complain about in everything and anything to do with the Club never ceases to amaze me.

This event has never been televised live. The Club generally raise many thousands of pounds from selling seats to attend the event at circa £100 a pop. Selling it to watch on RangersTV will help offset the lack of income from those attending the event.

As with everything else, if you don’t think it’s value, or aren’t interested, there’s no compulsion to purchase.

Their lives must be completely miserable.

Absolute joy suckers.

Genuinely thankful I don't live under a constantly dark cloud where everything is shite.

The directors are putting in 20m to give us a chance of champions league football
You're 500 quid is well spent mate
That's their job. A bit of gratitude to fans for continuing to show great loyalty isn't too much to ask. Have no issue with the club looking to make money, but a thank you to supporters who have sat at home and having to watch on a stream (which doesn't always work) while paying a fortune for the privilege while other fans get it for £9.99 a game isn't too much to ask.

The directors have subsidised a squad of players we can't afford due to numerous reasons.

You think winning the league by middle of January would be enough.

Giving us a free league cup game next year will still be deemed not good enough

Winning the league by January also benefited non season ticket holders, as did the directors investment. Saving ST holders (who also helped fund those purchases by shelling out hundreds of pounds that would have been a massive sacrifice for some) £7.99 would have been a pretty minimal, but welcome gesture. Even if they'd offered it free to the 20,000 + who have already renewed, would at least be something.

Big fan of Bisgrove and everything the club are doing commercially, but don't make promises about 'value' for ST holders that you can't keep.

That's their job. A bit of gratitude to fans for continuing to show great loyalty isn't too much to ask. Have no issue with the club looking to make money, but a thank you to supporters who have sat at home and having to watch on a stream (which doesn't always work) while paying a fortune for the privilege while other fans get it for £9.99 a game isn't too much to ask.
That's not the directors job at all
Scary you think like that mate

20m we are losing next season
Any non Rangers fan in that board room would have sold Kent and Morelos to balance the books.

That's not the directors job at all
Scary you think like that mate

20m we are losing next season
Any non Rangers fan in that board room would have sold Kent and Morelos to balance the books.
Of course it's part of their job. If you become a director at the club you invest in it to make it successful. We thank them for it and rightly so, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't also thank the loyal supporters who plough money in constantly with a freebie on something like this at the end of a difficult time for everyone.

I don't buy the idea we should give free tickets to qualifiers or cup games, but a live stream of a player of the year event? I'm sure the club could cover that.

Of course it's part of their job. If you become a director at the club you invest in it to make it successful. We thank them for it and rightly so, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't also thank the loyal supporters who plough money in constantly with a freebie on something like this at the end of a difficult time for everyone.

I don't buy the idea we should give free tickets to qualifiers or cup games, but a live stream of a player of the year event? I'm sure the club could cover that.
You expect Park and board to continue to lose 20m every season?
Road to ruin mate as we found out with Murray.

20 million pound we are scheduled to lose next season.

Wake up mate

Last edited:
You expect Park and board to continue to lose 20m every season?
Road to ruin mate as we found out with Murray.

20 million pound we are scheduled to lose next season.

Wake up mate
You're missing the point I'm making completely. I don't expect them to lose that every year, but King, Park and every investor who got involved knew what they were getting involved with until we got back on top, from now on there's no need for them to be losing that money.

I'm not saying we should get free tickets to games or to an actual player of the year award, but £7.99 for a live stream? You'll be lucky if you get anywhere near 10k fans buying it.

Nobody is being forced to pay for this, you either do or you don't.

Did we get value for our VST ? Probably not, but we have just come through a pandemic ( hopefully) and the club are in a decent place compared to others.
These directors have dug deep to bring home 55, I don't think they will make a lot of money from this, probably just enough to cover costs.
So pay or don't pay but to criticise these guys for this is a wee bit over the top IMO.

Will a league cup ticket be enough?
be honest
I can afford my ST and go to all games so I’d be paying it anyway

but giving fans something back wouldn’t go amiss given we bought full price ST, myGers despite no advantages to it this season, countless £7-£10 on a live stream for our euro qualifiers.

Bisgrove stated we’d get more for our money than a RTV stream, still waiting ..

You're missing the point I'm making completely. I don't expect them to lose that every year, but King, Park and every investor who got involved knew what they were getting involved with until we got back on top, from now on there's no need for them to be losing that money.

I'm not saying we should get free tickets to games or to an actual player of the year award, but £7.99 for a live stream? You'll be lucky if you get anywhere near 10k fans buying it.
mate

A business man or investor with no emotional attachment sells Kent and Morelos
We don't lose a penny , but don't win the league.

Next year we lose 20m unless we qualify for Champions league.

Just can't understand the bile for an optional 8quid event.

but giving fans something back wouldn’t go amiss given we bought full price ST, myGers despite no advantages to it this season, countless £7-£10 on a live stream for our euro qualifiers.

What is enough?
We draw QOS and you'll be moaning about a free ticket for a game with a 28k attendance normally

Is the open training session this summer, perhaps something along the lines of what he was suggesting?.

Poor show charging for that, particularly for fans who forked out this season fully knowing there was a decent chance we would not see a game live at Ibrox. Sometimes it feels like our loyalty is taken advantage of.

mate

A business man or investor with no emotional attachment sells Kent and Morelos
We don't lose a penny , but don't win the league.

Next year we lose 20m unless we qualify for Champions league.

Just can't understand the bile for an optional 8quid event.
You're confusing two different matters. Yes we need money and that's why I and 50k others have no issue buying season tickets for a second year in a row with no guarantee of getting to games.

BUT, there should also be a wee thank you for supporters and something like this would be a good one.

What bile have you read in my posts? All that has been said is the club could have given season ticket holders the stream for free. Nothing more.

We’ve also just coughed up a further £500 for next season despite no clarity on how many games we’ll get to see live

so yeah, forgive me for expecting a small gesture of some sort in return ...

I don't normally complain but this absolutely could've been given free to ST holders.

I'm not unhappy about it because it is what it is but it would've been nice.

Is the open training session this summer, perhaps something along the lines of what he was suggesting?.
That's for MyGers, no?

Nuance is always difficult on the internet, but baffled by those getting so defensive about people saying it would have been a nice gesture to offer this free on VST. Nobody is saying 'let's gather at Ibrox and protest', just that a small simple gesture would have went a long way.

That's for MyGers, no?

Nuance is always difficult on the internet, but baffled by those getting so defensive about people saying it would have been a nice gesture to offer this free on VST. Nobody is saying 'let's gather at Ibrox and protest', just that a small simple gesture would have went a long way.
Not sure, I was genuinely asking :))

Back