Joe Aribo - The man that can play anywhere

Only got caught out once on his side when they played a nice triangle to release a player into space, that led to the crossbar being hit. For someone who isn’t a natural defender he was excellent. Even Borna would have been sucked into that play.

Yip he is coming on leaps and bounds. A top top player we have, and when the day comes he will make us a fortune. If only he could head the ball :p

Superb effort from Joe. Very efficient, still managed to create and obviously has a footballing brain because his defensive positional sense for a midfielder was very good tonight. Granted, not overly tested or targeted but that is hardly his fault.

It’s obvious that Stevie trusts him implicitly and no wonder when you consider his application.

Well played Joe. More of the same on Saturday please.

Joe had a solid game. Pushing him further up the line and having other cover was a good tactic. He was working well with Kent all game and set up the third with a nice pass to release Itten. Useful cover for LB if ever the circumstance arose again.

This lad has everything in his locker, a real talent and a player I love watching when he's on form.
My god though, he can frustrate at times.
I want him in the team next season though because we will get more out of him still.

Joe had a solid game. Pushing him further up the line and having other cover was a good tactic. He was working well with Kent all game and set up the third with a nice pass to release Itten. Useful cover for LB if ever the circumstance arose again.

That was outstanding, what a curve.

Excellent tonight and can fill in that left back slot no bother if required.

The funny thing is, I think his versatility while being fantastic and deserving of praise is something that kills him a little bit in getting a real rhythm going and stringing 10 games together at a high standard. He's so good in so many positions it's easy to switch him about to plug holes or rest others, and while that's great for us I'd really like to see him establish himself in that front 3 next year and have the season we all know he's capable of having from start to finish.

He's best closest to goal for me and I hope we find as many ways as possible next year to get him there.

Tell you what, he is quite simply a superb footballer. I know a lot of us don't want to see players like Kent or Kamara leave (and rightly so) but Joe is on that same platform, losing him for whatever reason, would be a disaster for our team.

What a talented footballer, done a great job for the team tonight. Played sensibly and always looking to create whenever it was on to do so. Must be a dream for the manager to work with.
Yup, can't wait for his end of season highlights reel; some of the stuff he has come away with this year has been top drawer - in any league.

an absolute gem. We've clearly worked on his upper strength because not only does the ball stick to his feet as it always has done but the opposition now literally bounce off him. His work for our third goal was tremendous and I never for one moment thought the ball was going to be taken off him.

Plays football matches like a game of Fifa. No fear, just enjoys playing and always looking to try things. A joy to watch.

Il be honest, there have been times this season where he has frustrated me. However that’s only because I know how good he is. But hats off to the guy, what a fucking player and as the gaffer says, he is top player who could play anywhere and still look like he could trap a baw with clown shoes on, on a sheet of ice.

He was outstanding tonight but the game plan of dropping Davis or Kamara in to the back line when we had the ball, meant Simpson moved left and let Aribo push on.

Very clever tactically.

Remember, Aribo has played there before to good effect - he was playing left back when he did this

I was surprised at how good he was coming from the back. It isn’t easy trying to balance defensive duties with attacking skills, but he really was different class and helped set up the goals in the second half down that left side. I even began to think he would be a brilliant replacement for Borna, he was that good.

He was outstanding tonight but the game plan of dropping Davis or Kamara in to the back line when we had the ball, meant Simpson moved left and let Aribo push on.

Very clever tactically.

Remember, Aribo has played there before to good effect - he was playing left back when he did this

What a game that was

Him and Kamara can keep the ball under control no matter how many players surrounding them.

Outstanding footballers, and both could play in any level of football.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Aribo is one of those players who reminds you why you love football.

Sublime skill, tenacity, intelligence and quite clearly a humble, hard working young man.

A perfect fit in this squad. Love him.

Nigerian International too. A huge asset who's worth a lot to us.

No wonder Lee Bowyer cries himself to sleep every night

B-D

In one of his first competitive games for Rangers, he turned away from a couple of players on the touch line..... and right then I said to myself, this is one special player we have here.

He is a phenomenal talent and by every account, he is a humble and genuine guy. Just a right good lad.

We won the lottery when we persuaded him to come to Scotland, Currently my favourite Rangers player.

Back