Walter not at Ibrox for trophy day

The Goalie

Saturday will mark a proud and emotional moment for everyone associated with Rangers and Gerrard will make a concerted effort to share the success with Smith when time and his health allows.

Gerrard said: “Listen, I’ve gone on record many times about how special he is, not just as a manager but as a man.

Unfortunately, he’s been unwell of late and it’s a shame because I would have liked to have had him in the stadium on Saturday and have shared a photograph with him but that time will come.

“It will be a special moment for me because Walter has really gone out of his way for me so the very least I can do is to share that moment with him.

"Sadly, it won’t be this weekend but I’ll make it my business to make sure that I have a picture with Walter Smith, myself and that cup.”

Gerrard speaks like he was brought up a Rangers man, Walter must be so proud of the job he has done and the way he has carried himself.

Please get well soon Mr Smith.

Still amazed that he is our manager but, that said, we were the perfect club at the perfect time for him.

Steven Gerrard is part of our story but equally we are now a big part of his. He has to tread carefully now.

Best wishes to Walter Smith. It’s a great pity that he wont be at Ibrox on Saturday. Get well soon

I was holding out a small hope that Walter might have made an appearance on RTV on Saturday, but unfortunately not. Hopefully his recovery goes well over the summer and he can be back to make an appearance, and Gerrard can get his photo, on flag day.

With a full and speedy recovery to Walter. SG is doing a decent job of living up to the traditions of the club. Great having him set standards that his predecessors would approve of. Been a while since I’ve been able to say that.

Walter Smith is my hero.

When faced with a difficult situation I think "what would Walter do?"

Sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

It’s not ridiculous.

I’m not saying to try and sound staunch or whatever but I genuinely feel like I have a relationship with Walter Smith, as if he’s like my uncle or something. I love the man. And sometimes I’m taken aback when I remember he doesn’t know who I am. He just had such a huge part in a lot of my generation of Rangers fans life.

It’s not ridiculous.

I’m not saying to try and sound staunch or whatever but I genuinely feel like I have a relationship with Walter Smith, as if he’s like my uncle or something. I love the man. And sometimes I’m taken aback when I remember he doesn’t know who I am. He just had such a huge part in a lot of my generation of Rangers fans life.
Same here mate, any time I mention him its "Uncle Walter" and has been for years.

Hopefully Walter will be up and about for Flag day on the first game of the season. Would love him to be there. One of my Rangers heroes

Get well soon Walter,
The Greatest ever Rangers manager
the baton has been handed over to you Mr Gerrard and you carry it so well and long may it continue
for one day you will become The Greatest , for what you have done for our club in the last 3 years you are not too far away Stevie

What is Sir Walter recovering from?

With all due respect mate that's no ones business then the man himself and his family.

No need to be asking such a question on here, give Walter and family the respect they are due at obviously challenging times and let's all stay positive that we will see him at Ibrox soon.

What is Sir Walter recovering from?

With all due respect mate that's no ones business then the man himself and his family.

No need to be asking such a question on here, give Walter and family the respect they are due at obviously challenging times and let's all stay positive that we will see him at Ibrox soon.

Its almost inconceivable that the Greatest Rangers Manager of all time, in my opinion, should miss one of the greatest days in the clubs history. Hopefully this will be sorted out when Walter feels up to it.

Love how Stevie gets that Walter is pure and utter Rangers royalty.

Hope Walter is on the mend and gets to watch Saturday. I’m sure it will bring a smile to his face. We are all with you Walter and always will be.

From the first moment Steven Gerrard walked into Ibrox he got it, he knew what Rangers Football Club meant to so many and the traditions that was built on, i among with many many thousands of others will have a tears of pride tomorrow and one of the biggest cheers from me will be seeing the gaffer with the trophy, he’s been given the time and he has delivered 10 fold at home and especially in Europe and along with his back room team and our superb squad we are now back to the top of Scottish football where we rightly belong, get well soon Walter, god bless our great club and the best fans in the world, WATP

It’s not ridiculous.

I think you speak for many of us, bud.

Everyone in my family has always called him Uncle Walter.

Felt emotional sad reading that between the lines it doesn’t sound good.

But immensely proud that Gerrard knows what Walter means to us and Rangers, that’ll be an iconic Rangers picture showed 100 years from now.

First and most importantly, get well soon Walter.

Secondly, I bloody love our current manager, I didn't expect him to "get the bug" in the way that he has.

Back