Aymeric Laporte

Madjid Moments

Switched his nationality from French to Spanish and will play for Spain at the Euros.

Done through a fifa rule which means players can switch countries if they have not played more than 3 games for a country before the age of 21 and had not featured at a World Cup or continental tournament.

So Kent, Tavernier, Goldson and Roofe for Scotland :))

Borna Sosa just tried to switch his nationality from Croatia to Germany under this rule. It was all announced but then FIFA rejected it because he was 22 when he played for the under 21s and now the Croatian fans don’t want him back because he is a snake so I hope Laportes lawyer is certain before it goes t*ts up!

Switched his nationality from French to Spanish and will play for Spain at the Euros.

Done through a fifa rule which means players can switch countries if they have not played more than 3 games for a country before the age of 21 and had not featured at a World Cup or continental tournament.

I hope thats in jest. Dont want any more of our players abused by the tartan army

Started a thread on this the other day when it was being proposed, good to see he’s been approved.

Deschamps problem with him is bizarre, and the whole “I’ve got too many left sided defenders” argument makes no sense.

Think it’s because Laporte isn’t his type of character.

There's an agreement between home nations to prevent this from happening.

The Laporte one is weird, he is certainly good enough to have earned caps for France, so something must have happened behind the scenes to prevent him being called up.

Borna Sosa just tried to switch his nationality from Croatia to Germany under this rule. It was all announced but then FIFA rejected it because he was 22 when he played for the under 21s and now the Croatian fans don’t want him back because he is a snake so I hope Laportes lawyer is certain before it goes t*ts up!
Ruling is maximum of 3 games before 21. Sosa has played more than 3 u21's games

I know you're not being serious but as an aside, I'm sure Roofe is currently in the process of switching over to Jamaica. They've targeted quite a few players recently
Aye, but he said on a podcast recently he was still hoping for an England cap which was weird because I thought he’d changed his mind RE Jamaica.

Always wondered why Martin Tyler would randomly say “I’m Eric Laporte” when Man City were playing.

No, you’re Martin Tyler. Senile old bassa.

I know you're not being serious but as an aside, I'm sure Roofe is currently in the process of switching over to Jamaica. They've targeted quite a few players recently

I don’t think he needs to ‘switch’ so to speak as I’m sure he’s dual nationality British and Jamaican?

I'm not keen on players switching just because a country gives them a passport, if that's what's happened here. But there you go, I don't make the rules!

I'm not keen on players switching just because a country gives them a passport, if that's what's happened here. But there you go, I don't make the rules!
There's an agreement between home nations to prevent this from happening.
Another disadvantage to the home nations if we can't use citizenship to make players eligible to play for us. Keeps England stronger than us as well as they have enough talent to not need to do it.

They should definitely consider changing this.

I hope thats in jest. Dont want any more of our players abused by the tartan army
I'd love it to happen. Scotland is my country as much as anyone else that's born and brought up here. I want Scotland full of Rangers players, increasing value playing at that level and becoming even greater assets than they already are. And if stoopid feckers get annoyed by it then feck em.

But that's just me.

I'd love it to happen. Scotland is my country as much as anyone else that's born and brought up here. I want Scotland full of Rangers players, increasing value playing at that level and becoming even greater assets than they already are. And if stoopid feckers get annoyed by it then feck em.

But that's just me.
All about opinions

I don’t think he needs to ‘switch’ so to speak as I’m sure he’s dual nationality British and Jamaican?
Aye fair enough, I just assumed that because he was born in England that he would have been capped for England at U18 level or something but he never appears to have been at all. Strange one

Back