George Sqare live WebCam.

There’s a video online filmed from La Vita with a young girl in tears as bottles, barriers & cones are thrown at the police. It’s shocking.

there will be plenty of footage to catch the bams, hopefully the Police identify them and they get a wee chap at the door early in the morning.

The politicians and coppers could easily have said look we dont want folk congregating but we know its going to happen. What we want to do is put you in bella park for example.there will be a cut off point say 8pm for folk to disperse. They arent interested in doing anything like that though as they revel in getting social media likes and painting the unionist community as roques.

See when there’s nothing else happening , it stands out doesn’t it
Not defending loutish behaviour but there is absolutely nothing I’ve seen on any videos of today that is different to scraps in every major housing estate and city centre every weekend. Mostly folk who couldn’t punch their way out a paper bag, rabbit punching each other before falling over blootered.

Hit the nail on the head with last part of your post mate scotland must have the worst culture in Europe when it comes to alcohol and fighting. Having worked and holidayed in various different parts of Europe the attitude to alcohol on especially on a Saturday night is vastly different here to anywhere else.

I like a bevvy as much as anyone but not to the state that I've seen in some of the videos all be it a very small minority that puts a negative spin on today but its nothing you wouldn't see in any town or city up and down the country on a Saturday.
Very true mate. It’s easier for politicians to target football (or anything else) than address the actual problems in society.

Not defending loutish behaviour but there is absolutely nothing I’ve seen on any videos of today that is different to scraps in every major housing estate and city centre every weekend. Mostly folk who couldn’t punch their way out a paper bag, rabbit punching each other before falling over blootered.
Yeh but they aren’t wearing rangers tops and representing our club.

Sorry but this is nonsense. There's full on fights with police. It's embarrassing.
I’ve not seen any footage of fights with police but I’m hugely saddened with the few videos I’ve just watched of Bears kicking lumps out of each other.

I really don’t know what’s wrong with these people.

There were what must have been almost 10K in George Sq earlier on having a party then going back home again without any issue.

A handfull of fucktards acting like fucktards in a crowd that size was always going to happen. The Police should be arresting them as I am sure they will. Details will then be passed to the club to cross reference and if any are season ticket holders they will be banned from Ibrox.

This is what I mean. I’ve no problem with the Union bears, anything that happened today. We’d expect things to get a bit rowdy, but some of these videos there is no way we can defend
Especially when someone is getting kicked in the head it's a disgrace and no way you can defend that person Rangers fan or not.

Not defending any ned behaviour at all firstly. Idiots are going to drag us down sadly.

That said I was there from around 4-6pm and to that point it was being policed sensibly, and no issues that I witnessed.

Then they decided not to let anyone back into the square who went out. One young lad asked why he couldn’t go back and meet his Dad? In a perfectly reasonable manner. The reply from a jumped up plod was “because you’re being a dick!” Now maybe something happened before that I didn’t see, but when another more mature bear asked the copper “do you think that language is appropriate for someone in your position?” He suddenly seemed dumbstruck and hid behind a more senior looking officer.

It did seem the policing policy had changed and at that point we decided to go home and celebrate there.

Inconsistency in policing may have led to some of the uglier scenes we then saw as the night went on.

Not defending any ned behaviour at all firstly. Idiots are going to drag us down sadly.

That said I was there from around 4-6pm and to that point it was being policed sensibly, and no issues that I witnessed.

Then they decided not to let anyone back into the square who went out. One young lad asked why he couldn’t go back and meet his Dad? In a perfectly reasonable manner. The reply from a jumped up plod was “because you’re being a dick!” Now maybe something happened before that I didn’t see, but when another more mature bear asked the copper “do you think that language is appropriate for someone in your position?” He suddenly seemed dumbstruck and hid behind a more senior looking officer.

It did seem the policing policy had changed and at that point we decided to go home and celebrate there.

Inconsistency in policing may have led to some of the uglier scenes we then saw as the night went on.
I said a few hours back that the policing strategy was only going to cause trouble. The crowd was naturally dispersing and then they steam in.

Not excusing the bams but it could have been avoided sensibly

whilst that kind of behaviour from the Police is not acceptable, it doesn’t explain why Rangers fans were fighting with other Rangers fans.
Simply googling Rangers fans fighting makes grim viewing.

Can we stop trying to blame Rangers and bears?

Any bother was caused by neds and political policing.

Don't let it ruin an amazing day.

I was at Ibrox today then, UB March and then into the city centre and majority of people were just enjoying themselves and celebrating but what I did notice was some amount of people who have probably never seen the inside of Ibrox.

The City Centre was absolutely wild. Full to the brim of bams so the scenes we are seeing now are hardly surprising tbh.

wish neds would just %^*& off and stop ruining everything
I was in the city centre and I messaged a couple of folk I knew to say it would probably be carnage later. Not saying it has been as I haven't seen the videos but there were loads of drunken neds about who were out their faces at 5 o'clock. The thing is, in my experience, the ones who cause the most bother are the ones who've never been near Ibrox. It's as though they've somehow got to try to prove how staunch they are and they do it in the worst possible way.

The correct course of action in this instance would be to note the shoulder number and complain not starting throwing barriers and bottles at them.

Yeh but they aren’t wearing rangers tops and representing our club.
You need to calm yourself down a bit mate . Why would you be “ ashamed “ it’s not your problem . Wee guys full of booze making an arse of themselves , it was always going to happen many of us said it last night , it was an absolute certainty . You knew it, I knew it , and while it gives our haters something to fill their pages about for a couple of days , you are doing yourself a disservice by feeling “ ashamed “ on their behalf . I can guarantee you one thing they won’t even think about you or your feelings or the bigger picture of “ how it looks “ . Unless Scotland addresses its drug/alcohol problem , you will see these kind of ned scenes .

1or 2 small isolated issues with a few. Thats all. Narrative however was set for days.
Wise up, the Police are in Helmets and Shields clearing the square under attack with bottles and other items.

They've only ever had the helmets and Shields on once in the last 10 years in Scotland.

Ach well, it's cathartic, pretty much inevitable given the sheer numbers and volume of booze / drugs consumed, and it's over - let's not waste too much time handwringing (there will be many, many others willing to do that for us) and, instead, enjoy an invincible fifty five for what it is: monumental.

Night troops.

As a Glasgow cab driver these scenes are not uncommon. Fact is , the bigger the crowds, the bigger the level of anti - social behaviour. We have as much a percentage of a - holes as any other club but we have a lot more fans than any other club . I was in George sq earlier, and the atmosphere was fantastic, but I knew how it was going to end up. I hoped for the best but tbh I expected the worst. Our fans are the most loyal and true and deserve every plaudit , but we do have some nutters , like every club . I know that the good supporters of our club far outweigh the bad , and I take comfort from that . I had a fantastic day and I won’t let the “ noise “ take it away from me .

Nobody Wants to see any violence. It it was inevitable given the numbers attending today and it also seems worse since how social media orientated we are today.

This truth is though if you didn't see this clip you wouldn't give two fucks as it happens every weekend and nobody sees it they don't care.

Can we stop trying to blame Rangers and bears?

Any bother was caused by neds and political policing.

Don't let it ruin an amazing day.
From where I was it was bears decked in club colours. They're to blame. Don't try to deflect this. Yes, they are neds but also think they're Rangers supporters. Probably never been in Ibrox.

It was inevitable. Games over and trophy awarded by 3pm and folk would have been half cut at that point, fast forward a few hours and folk are just blootered and that always turns into a recipe for disaster.

What I would say though is that there was thousands and thousands and thousands of us all over Glasgow today and the bam element is always going to he a minority but that's what gets the headlines.

Anybody that didn’t see it ending like this was kidding themselves on.

The reality is the same arseholes would be doing this regardless of the occasion, get drunk, have a scrap. It’s a lifestyle for a lot of young men in the west of Scotland.

Sadly, wether we like it or not, they’re wearing rangers tops today.

Really grim viewing online. Hope all the true bears are safe and well. The brainless element has managed to take the shine off a fantastic victory and season.

I’ve been to just about every home game the last 11 years, tons of away games and Europe. I have friends who follow Rangers from different social circles and you get to know faces, even in passing, from different areas of the stadium, pubs, buses, away trips etc. Between Ibrox earlier on, the walk into town and having a quick mosey around the square, I saw one person I recognised. To me a massive percentage looked like the hanger on element, stupid wee boys that could barely stand by the time they got to kinning park and fannies battering passing cop cars, pissing everywhere, chucking empty bottles, and just generally acting like neds.

I was there around 4-5pm. Cycled down and took some photos from the PRW to George square.

Plod appeared to be on light touch duty with a batch at the city chambers and more in police and unmarked vans up the hill.

At that point everything seemed relatively good natured but there were some definite casualties appearing and folk pissing everywhere (Glasgow really needs those plastic pissers you find in other cities). Lots of folk were still turning up at that point.

I went to the celebrations post St Mirren and it was similar but on a much smaller scale and a lot less pissing on the streets. Police were fine but, even then, I saw folk fighting and goading the cops so it’s not surprising that with more people and more alcohol that it’s perhaps turned out poorly.

Effectively folk were allowed to take over the streets today and wander about with bottles of booze largely unapprehended. No real surprise how it panned out

Back