The letter from Rev Stuart MacQuarrie which prompted me to stand for Club 1872

Halfway through reading I started thinking of 55 to cheer me up.

55 Cheers us ALL up mate and that's the main thing.

I'm glad Mark has highlighted this as it's opened my eyes as to what is going on within Club 1872, It's all wrong.

We all want what's best for Rangers and also be able to do that with good people behind us on the fans behalf.

Will be interesting to see the reaction from Club1872 to the posts on here today ! If the letter is correct they certainly do not look like individuals who will look in the mirror and say “I got this wrong”

I only know joanne through going on our bus from time to time but she has never struck me as someone who is power hungry. I do think the communication from club1872 is poor. I dont really get what there is to gain from being on the board of it tbh, it's not as if anyone draws a wage. Just seems a lot of grief for no reward.
Is that definite that there is no remuneration?

Joanne has put twenty years into this movement, that is why she is where she is. Like it or not.

Answering phones, stuffing envelopes and playing the game, she did the hard yards and all of the unsung, crap jobs, so if she's protecting her position in a game of politics, I can understand that.
Sorry but when it comes to a position representing members with ownership of millions of pounds worth of Rangers shares I need something better than petty politics. People are judged in the actions now and not what they did 20 years ago, and frankly if what is in the Rev Macquarie’s letter is true (and I see no reason it shouldn’t be) then their position in untenable.
I would ask people not to withdraw, but to use their vote in the forthcoming elections ( although I suspect we may find that there we only enough nominees for positions) or else in an EGM to cast a vote of no confidence in the current directors. To leave only consolidates their position

Will interesting to know if any new board candidates know this Joanne, Laura or Euan personally.

Reads to me like three people in cahoots to take control of c1872. To what end? Not sure, take Rangers fans money to buy themselves a place on the club board?

Not sure I like where this is headed. There’ll be a reply to this. Will be a real shame if what should be a decent rep for the fans gets torn apart by this.

No, I’d only consider it once the current directors and the shadow director are away.

Is this shadow director answerable to anyone?

I remember when the news about Club 1872 buying King’s shares instead of putting money into the club came about that there was a lot of discontent about his shadowy involvement.

Yet, I don’t remember ever hearing his version of events.
Surely if he’s heavily involved in Club 1872 and effectively pulling the strings he must be held accountable?

I remember when the news about Club 1872 buying King’s shares instead of putting money into the club came about that there was a lot of discontent about his shadowy involvement.

Surely if he’s heavily involved in Club 1872 and effectively pulling the strings he must be held accountable?
He’s chummy with the man who still holds the majority shareholding

They will tell you he is merely a ‘working group member’. I’m not sure what working group, who else is on it or how often it meets.

All because they are being worked from behind by a certain former disgraced, albeit short time club employee?
Which is?

Whats their problem with David Graham?
Same from me.

How utterly depressing. Every time with Rangers fans organisations and why full fan ownership would never work.
I don’t know what happened to the RST. Didn’t we used to have an RSA and an RST? Haven’t we always been divided into camps in some form? Pity really. I hope things like this don’t bring that back.

Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival are basically running roughshod over their organisation, with piss poor management skills, a total lack of care and duty towards running the operation, taking the piss out of the club and it’s managing director by basically backstabbing him, and treating a lifelong fan of the club as well as club chaplain and director of the organisation with a total lack of dignity and respect.

Club 1872 are a shambles and won’t be getting one thin dime of my hard earned.

When the clubs had a purple patch, being relentless on the pitch, it’s this kind of amateur hour shit that threatens to derail success off it.

Better of with a better run organisation that’s built and designed to help EVERY fan, rather than for the benefit of a few greedy directors.

The thing is run by idiots who care not a jot for any fan.

What are the credentials of all the directors? A genuine question as I don't know them from anyone.

Surely if they are to take a directorship in charge of a certain area e.g. marketing or finance, of a company that holds a significant shareholding of a football club, that they should have experience in that field and industry.

As someone who has worked in the field and industry, going by the output, regardless of individuals or egos, the quality of output is sub-par.

A lot of this work IMO, should be outsourced because it is simply too big a task for 3 people to be taking on.

I’ve had the privilege of knowing and working with Stuart. I’m disgusted at what I’ve read in this thread. As I’ve said elsewhere, membership cancelled. Wouldn’t trust that cabal with a pound, far less hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of share dealings.

An example of why we can never take our eye off the ball again in relation to the running of Rangers.
An example of why fan ownership is, to my mind, impossible.
Unless it’s what we have now or I , personally am the fan owner.

We’ve stopped our payments, now reading All of that Statement, and attended what can only be termed informal meetings of Club1872, and raising comments re Professionalism, and no AGMs, a Vote of No Confidence, at Special AGM is the course to cleanse!

The one thing that keeps coming back to me anytime anything C1872 is raised is this:

With respect, who are these three people?

I know their names, but couldn't pick them out of a police line-up. They hold a massive amount of control in our football club, by way of their positions as directors of the largest (only?) fans group, yet they remain mostly anonymous.

We know Mark, David Edgar, Rev McQuarrie, even Robert from the Louden ffs, we might not like or support some or all of them but they are visible and accountable for their actions/statements.

I'm not a member of Club 1872, and despite my previous fervent wish for them to work out, at the moment I'm glad I am not.
I'll speak for myself. Like me or loath me, you will never find anything anywhere that I have done anything against the Rangers Support, quite the opposite

I have emailed Club 1872 various times and never had a reply, I have asked how many members have we lost since the present board took over. No reply
I would like to know why 3 individuals took the decision to agree pay an individual shareholder £13m without public consultation with the members ( no matter how much I admire that individual )
If we have £13m it should be going direct to Rangers
These 3 Board Members position is untenable and should resign.

I have no doubt they will have changed the rules to make this difficult, I have also no doubt, with my experience of CIC's they will have broken various rules while doing so.

As for Stuart McQuarrie, it was me that proposed him and I can say without one shred of doubt that he is one of the most principled and honest people you would ever have the good fortune to meet
I would bet my life his account is 100% accurate.
It's not if they should resign, it's when they should resign and that time is now

Last edited:
It's worth printing out and reading in it's entirety - that way you get a feel for how the organisation has been operating.
Feel for Stuart. He is correct in citing my resignation due to the way things were being operated with Laura, joanne and Euan backing each others decisions and actions regardless of whether they were sound or otherwise.
For somebody like Stuart who has years of credibility to be pushed into this position is quite frightening.
The problem is the majority of club 1872 members aren't really active and would endorse massively anything coming from centre. They need to be less passive and more tuned into the operation of the organisation for it to grow to be what it could be.

Disturbing reading, but overall just sad that yet again we can’t seem to work together without self interest taking over.

I think we can assume with some certainty Club 1872 will fail to raise the funds for Dave King’s shares.

Given what I’ve just read I can’t say I’m sad about that to be honest.

Can anyone elaborate on this email to Castore and exactly what it entailed?

Also, reading that it is clear that Fawkes is running the show and the other two are her little poodles. And are we really saying that CG is her big boss in the shadows who is actually pulling her strings?

Can anyone elaborate on this email to Castore and exactly what it entailed?

Also, reading that it is clear that Fawkes is running the show and the other two are her little poodles. And are we really saying that CG is her big boss in the shadows who is actually pulling her strings?

Id like to have this elaborated on, too.

And people wonder why RIFC were ever concerned about having a C1872 member on the RIFC board?

Reading that, strongly suggests those running C1872 are not fit for purpose. Anyone putting money their way should be very concerned and be demanding answers. Imagine these people ever becoming The major shareholder.

Feel for Stuart. He is correct in citing my resignation due to the way things were being operated with Laura, joanne and Euan backing each others decisions and actions regardless of whether they were sound or otherwise.
For somebody like Stuart who has years of credibility to be pushed into this position is quite frightening.
The problem is the majority of club 1872 members aren't really active and would endorse massively anything coming from centre. They need to be less passive and more tuned into the operation of the organisation for it to grow to be what it could be.
Well once we get an AGM, I would like to get statements from all the Directors that resigned and let the Members decide their fate
If they had any self-awareness about them, they should resign now

Well once we get an AGM, I would like to get statements from all the Directors that resigned and let the Members decide their fate
If they had any self-awareness about them, they should resign now
Robert, genuine question - have you had personal dealings with the 3 directors in question and if so can you divulge your experience ?

I’d love to have enough shares to veto anything harming the club in future but fan ownership just isn’t for us unfortunately.

And people wonder why RIFC were ever concerned about having a C1872 member on the RIFC board?

Reading that, strongly suggests those running C1872 are not fit for purpose. Anyone putting money their way should be very concerned and be demanding answers. Imagine these people ever becoming The major shareholder.
It was always my opinion that it would be a disaster to have a Club 1872 member on the Rangers Board
My preference was to present a list of questions to The Rangers Board and ask them to reply in writing within 72 hours, that way we got the answers without any Commercially Confidential information being leaked.

I have backed C1872 time and time again in various discussions over the last couple of years
Tonight after reading this thread im cancelling my subs to them

my biggest fear is that three or four people end up owning a whole load of shares in Rangers through C1872.

Robert, genuine question - have you had personal dealings with the 3 directors in question and if so can you divulge your experience ?
Fleetingly with the 2 females, totally underwhelmed with their grasp of things
I was at a meeting about 3 years ago in the Ibrox Suite ( i think it was the last meeting they had )
I offered, through The Louden, in front of everyone present, to pay for a Member to go to NARSA to try and boost Membership, told them to contact me with a name and Passport details and I would sort it out.
I'm still waiting
The male, I have no idea where he came from

I have backed C1872 time and time again in various discussions over the last couple of years
Tonight after reading this thread im cancelling my subs to them

my biggest fear is that three or four people end up owning a whole load of shares in Rangers through C1872.

I’m the same.

As I said earlier I had become disillusioned with C1872 due to there lack of fight for their supporters, we have been slaughtered from every media outlet and lying politicians in Scotland recently. And they have not issued a dickybird about it. After reading the Reverends statement it’s no surprise, they only seem to be interested in themselves. I think I will be cancelling my dues and spending it in other ways that will benefit the Club.

I only know joanne through going on our bus from time to time but she has never struck me as someone who is power hungry. I do think the communication from club1872 is poor. I dont really get what there is to gain from being on the board of it tbh, it's not as if anyone draws a wage. Just seems a lot of grief for no reward.
That's as may be, but after I resigned she got moved seat on the pretence that my wife knew somebody that used to sit next to her and that we were talking. Never met the guy, never had an indirect conversation with him but she effectively put this guy in a bad position with no real reason.

The Club is safe now. No need to be wasting your cash in Club1872 with no one accountable in their little fiefdom. Give directly to club or via Lotto
This misses the point of getting enough shares to prevent the club being in danger again. Having those shares would be great but it really does look like it could be more of a hindrance than a help in normal times.

Fleetingly with the 2 females, totally underwhelmed with their grasp of things
I was at a meeting about 3 years ago in the Ibrox Suite ( i think it was the last meeting they had )
I offered, through The Louden, in front of everyone present, to pay for a Member to go to NARSA to try and boost Membership, told them to contact me with a name and Passport details and I would sort it out.
I'm still waiting
The male, I have no idea where he came from
To be honest Robert you should be involved in club 1872 no doubt. I know there are lots of folk with an axe to grind with you but in fighting aside you have always taken me as committed to the cause and ready to take action where others talk which is what I think is needed.

Back