New Heart and Hand podcast now available - Back to the 90s

Scot said he wasn't ready to play - not that he was unfit. And David said similar to be fair...their point was that he was 10 weeks still 'getting ready' for whatever reason. I think!!

I listened to first 15 mins earlier, maybe I have got the wording wrong. He mentioned 'cameo' roles .. the team in midfield is fine as it is. I'd much rather cameo roles to get accustomed to the scottish football style of play, then for him to be shoved on from the start and having to be hooked if he struggles.

Some touches he didn't quite get on the end of and i think the ball was slightly behind him when he had the headed chance - which coincidently was the same position from which he scored later! Can see him getting a few goals from between the 18 and 6 yard box.

My one slight criticism of PC on it is that I think Carlos is now at a stage where he'll only get that sharpness through competitive minutes on the pitch. And as a support we'll need to accept some mistakes till he gets back into a groove as a regular.

But there's a player there IMO.

It's not so much the equipment as broadband/Skype issues. Sometimes it's as simple as the weather!

If anyone has any tips/advice on how to address this though, please let me know!

Sounded like the guys at the other end were using their laptop microphones rather than decent headsets, which would help.

Also using an Ethernet cable rather than WIFI to connect the laptop to the router would help. The router should also be plugged into the master phone socket, rather than an extension socket.

Lastly if you are in a superfast broadband area, get that rather than ADSL, which can perform pretty badly, especially if you are some distance away from the exchange. A speed checker will show what sort of performance you get.

I've listened to half the latest pod, can't listen to the rest until I get out of work as I would get sacked for laughing out loud

I think re Pena that Pedro initially thought he was going to play 4-5-1 in most games, and that Pena would play in the hole behind the main striker.

Given our start, and the move to 4-4-2 going well, i'm not sure he knows where to play him. He's not a left midfielder which is where the one opening is given how well Jack (in particular) and Dorrans are doing, but nor is he an out and out forward/number 10.

Would he play him alongside Morelos instead of Miller or Herrera? Maybe.

The NEW POD 'Back to the 90s' is now available to stream/dl on Acast! All other platforms later.

https://www.acast.com/heartandhands/backtothe90s?autoplay

image.jpg

Halfway through this - really enjoyable David.

Would be ideal if you could sort out Scott's audio issues. Sometimes its hard to make out what he's saying and can affect the flow between yourselves.

Heading home now so will listen to the second part!

Mr Edgar I absolutely love the Pod's especially the extra one, please please never stop.

Unless you kick the bucket of course, and then obviously....
You have my permission to stop.
Just don't let Scot take over.
Give it(The Pod that is) to cammy;)

The mid pod rant was spot on. it must be miserable having all that success and not being able to enjoy it.

And also Lawwell, our game would improve immeasurably it the fat cancerous prick was cut out.

Great listen as usual. The pod has kept me going during the "banter years" David and co seem to be able to properly articulate how I'm feeling at the time about the club. Hopefully the pods over next few seasons will be able to discuss good times and celebrate success

The fat Japanese is a cancer in the Scottish game and should phuck off but something makes me think they will have another (unt hovering in the background.

As great as the podcast is, can the sound quality be improved, a lot of the time we are left wondering what is being said. Listen to it just so you can hear what the listener is hearing.

Thanks for the effort tho

As great as the podcast is, can the sound quality be improved, a lot of the time we are left wondering what is being said. Listen to it just so you can hear what the listener is hearing.

Thanks for the effort tho

It's not like we deliberately put out low-quality sound. There were some issues early but it wasn't unlistenable in any way.

The other option is I buy a full range of professional equipment and start charging for the podcast which isn't something I'm keen to do.

Next weeks sporting integrity award?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/4...bc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Andre Villas-Boas: Shanghai SIPG coach says rivals 'created car accidents'

_97784065_shanghai_getty.jpg

Shanghai SIPG defeated Guangzhou Evergrande 5-4 on penalties in the second leg of their Asian Champions League quarter-final
Shanghai SIPG coach Andre Villas-Boas has accused rival club Guangzhou Evergrande of engineering car accidents as his team travelled to Tuesday's Asian Champions League quarter-final.

SIPG won 5-4 on penalties in the second leg, after Guangzhou Evergrande overcame a 4-0 first-leg deficit.

Villas-Boas said: "Two cars separately had three accidents in front of us. This club can cause accidents."

The BBC has contacted Guangzhou for a response.

After the hosts took the game to extra time, SIPG had two players sent off and both teams scored to make the final aggregate score 5-5.

Villas-Boas also said:

• "The referee chose the end of the Guangzhou fans to take the penalties."
  • "Guangzhou have players who can elbow [SIPG's Brazilian midfielder Elkeson] and not be suspended"
  • "The referee gave our goalkeeper a yellow card during the penalties and this is a disgrace. It's a disgrace."
  • "[Guangzhou player] Zhang Linpeng should be suspended from this game because he used his elbow in the first game and he's not suspended because the committee of ethics and discipline at Asian Football Confederation did not judge an elbow as violent conduct."
  • "This is the greatest achievement for SIPG ever because it's against a club that is dominating the AFC."
Villas-Boas became the manager of SIPG in November 2016, replacing former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

It's not like we deliberately put out low-quality sound. There were some issues early but it wasn't unlistenable in any way.

The other option is I buy a full range of professional equipment and start charging for the podcast which isn't something I'm keen to do.

David, I'm happy to help pay. I'll give you 50 quid to help towards it. PM me and I'll send you it now mate :) I'm not saying you are meaning it...but if I can help in any way, I will...I can help in others too..it wasn't a massive criticism. I just want the Rangers word out clearly and I can help.

Listened to it on the way home from work. Brilliant as usual, especially the part on the fat Japanese, you went to town on the filth during your speech :D

I just don't feel comfortable aaking people for money tbh. We did a fundraiser years ago to buy equipment - without it there would be no pod - and I'd feel like a kid-on blogger with a 'donate' button if I was to do it twice!

The equipment is obviously older now but still works.

I just don't feel comfortable aaking people for money tbh. We did a fundraiser years ago to buy equipment - without it there would be no pod - and I'd feel like a kid-on blogger with a 'donate' button if I was to do it twice!

The equipment is obviously older now but still works.
Only issue I've really had with the audio was the broadcast from Mr. Dingwall's dungeon.
I'm alright with that, there were probably some background noises we wouldn't want to hear anyway.

Do most people not listen on the go or in the car? You don't need bloody Dolby surround for it.

The one with Mark the other week was hard listening, but other than that it's been absolutely fine. Keep up the good work.

The points about that element of the Celtic 'support' were spot on, and they are a minority although sometimes it feels like a majority.

Lawell doesn't have a clue how to handle them and I personally think this utter obsession with our affairs will stop them kicking on and doing 10 in a row.

Do most people not listen on the go or in the car? You don't need bloody Dolby surround for it.

The one with Mark the other week was hard listening, but other than that it's been absolutely fine. Keep up the good work.

My point exactly. But, the recording equipment isn't cheap to record. These guys are trying hard but need specific hardware and audio equipment for us 'cunts' to listen clearly!

loved it and completely agree with the fukwit political activist elements of the scum support. they have absolutely no sporting interest.

i listen while running and do sometimes have a tough time hearing scott. even the other guy (stevie was it) was clearer than scott on my last download. i gave up on the previous episode.

i use the apple app for podcasts.

Great listen as always. Really love listening to your rants, Mr Edgar.

In relation to money for new equipment, I'd be happy to donate a small sum, as I'm sure other listeners would. I don't think you should feel uncomfortable about it.

Listened to most of it. Really enjoyed the rant aimed at the so called oppressed. There is a couple of them on my Facebook and even when they're winning it's all about Rangers.

In fact Kerryfail tweeted a good 1 the other night, where one of the mhutants would have taken title stripping over a win against PSG. C'mon tae %^*&.

Back