Seat transfers

I got an email saying that due to renewals being so high I wouldn’t be offered a transfer this season. I was mean to be a priority as well because my daughter is too old for the family stand.

I got an email saying that due to renewals being so high I wouldn’t be offered a transfer this season. I was mean to be a priority as well because my daughter is too old for the family stand.
Are you allowed to remain in the family stand.

I got an email yesterday saying my request had been updated, so I imagine they’re starting to look at these now.
I got an email this morning too saying mine had been updated. I contacted them weeks back before I renewed asking to be on the transfer list but they replied I was already on it, totally forget. I have been on it about 3 yrs now.

I got an email saying that due to renewals being so high I wouldn’t be offered a transfer this season. I was mean to be a priority as well because my daughter is too old for the family stand..
A guy posted this on Facebook. Quite shocking if this is the case.

"Rangers have absolutely fucked me completely

They took mine, my dad's and sons season ticket away, because my son is 16 and we were in the family stand, and they won't move us to another stand, I've spent over £1000 on the 3 season tickets".

They took mine, my dad's and sons season ticket away, because my son is 16 and we were in the family stand, and they won't move us to another stand, I've spent over £1000 on the 3 season tickets".
Is it not a case that they can't move him to another stand, not that they won't

I got the same e-mail I replied quoting the ticket office in Glasgow pre covid who told me that if no seats were available when my son turned 16 we would have at least another 2 season before they could kick us out I replied to them asking them for an explanation as I have paid for our seats and have contacted Greg on twitter so I am waiting for him to find out what's happening.

Join the club they have done it to my family I am fukin ragin and been in contact with Greg Marshall.

My mate just got offered a move to sw5 enclosure. I looked on the plan and it looks way off to the side but apparently not a restricted view. Anybody know how good or bad it might be ?

My mate just got offered a move to sw5 enclosure. I looked on the plan and it looks way off to the side but apparently not a restricted view. Anybody know how good or bad it might be ?

Give you some idea depending on row and seat number.

Makes no sense as boy is okay until 18 although has to pay concession rate.

So if we continue to have excellent uptake in season tickets year on year and an adult & child who have held season tickets in the family stand for a number of seasons but no longer meet the family stand criteria due to the age of the child, can't be accommodated with a seat move, will they just be kicked out? This hardly seems fair @Greg Marshall

Surely you should be allowed to remain in your seat for as long as it takes the club to be able to accommodate a seat move?

I know this has been clarified for this season but as a family stand season ticket holder, this concerns me going forward.

I’ve seen the email, sent to one of the people who sit beside me who’s son is now over 18, said will review it next year as no where to move them too just now. He’s sat in the family Stand with me since 2005. If uptake is as amazing has it has been the same cycle will appear. The people it will affect who have now grown up will need to pay £300 extra per season ticket, so club should show a tad bit of leeway over it , especially for people who have had it so long

Just had a message from Rangers webmail telling me that no one will lose their seat in the family stand this season, that put a smile on my face.
Me & my mates who were in the Family stand all got an email saying as there wasnt one juvenile in the party we were getting punted to BRF & scattered about. Dont know if its different for us as the juvenile is now 17 & cant take his ticket this year. Pissed off as we had good seats together in BR3. One of the party's other older son didnt renew last year and every game there was an adult in the seat.

Give you some idea depending on row and seat number.
Great bunch of guys sit there, and you will be well entertained. :D :D
the view isn't the best but with the Union Bears across in the Broomloan, atmosphere is great.
I am in seat 315 and i have the stadium wall next to me, It's good because I can stand leaning against the wall and not block anyone's view.

Me & my mates who were in the Family stand all got an email saying as there wasnt one juvenile in the party we were getting punted to BRF & scattered about. Dont know if its different for us as the juvenile is now 17 & cant take his ticket this year. Pissed off as we had good seats together in BR3. One of the party's other older son didnt renew last year and every game there was an adult in the seat.
Not having a juvenile debars you from the family stand. Unfortunate but at least you're being offered other seats.

@interbear
Did you sit there?

I certainly did, SW5 row H and only a few seats away from the picture noted above.

Good points - it’s a seat, inside Ibrox, that gets you through the door and into matches. And you can apply for a transfer somewhere else. Atmosphere in that corner is good too, as it’s right across from the UBs. So some good fun to be had and a good bunch of people in SW5 too. Also, it’s relatively cheap compared to other seats so good value access to matches.

Bad points - the view is pretty awful, can hardly see anything at all happening at the Copland end and the view for action in and around the box at the Broomloan end depends on whether or not the UBs have their flags waving. The seat was behind the goal line so not a good perspective.

So @bar72bear I would advise your mate to try for another location if possible but if SW5 is all that’s on offer just go for it. He/she can then decide for themselves on whether or not to seek a transfer. Took me 3 years.

I certainly did, SW5 row H and only a few seats away from the picture noted above.

Good points - it’s a seat, inside Ibrox, that gets you through the door and into matches. And you can apply for a transfer somewhere else. Atmosphere in that corner is good too, as it’s right across from the UBs. So some good fun to be had and a good bunch of people in SW5 too. Also, it’s relatively cheap compared to other seats so good value access to matches.

Bad points - the view is pretty awful, can hardly see anything at all happening at the Copland end and the view for action in and around the box at the Broomloan end depends on whether or not the UBs have their flags waving. The seat was behind the goal line so not a good perspective.

So @bar72bear I would advise your mate to try for another location if possible but if SW5 is all that’s on offer just go for it. He/she can then decide for themselves on whether or not to seek a transfer. Took me 3 years.

thanks for the response. It’s pretty much what I thought it would be.

See the other thread. That’s not the case. Badly worded email but seats haven’t been withdrawn.

SW5 row J seat 296(I think) was my first ever ST seat about 20 odd years ago. Wasn't the worst seat in SW5, but was a neck breaker trying to watch the action up the other end of the pitch. Think I lasted 1 season before getting a transfer.

Any idea when your mate made the seat transfer application?

My mate finally got a seat transfer from club72 to SJ rear today,to say he is over the moon is an understatement.

Here is a thread with a lot of pictures of different views around the stadium for those who are being offered seat transfers

very decent seat mate. I am MRR which is the section behind yours. Will be roughly in line with penalty box on Broomloan side. I’d snap it up ASAP tbh
I got a transfer to MRR last season but I haven’t sat in it yet, is the view good from this area mate? Any restricted view?

Back