Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would players who are no longer in our bubble catching covid as they’re away doing their own thing be a conspiracy? Surely that just shows how well disciplined the players were for our season? Oh wait.. everything is a conspiracy against them.

they've now plunged new depths.

Dublin Pele

I'm new. Be gentle.
I'm new.  Be gentle.'m new.  Be gentle.

Something that's left-field or relatively unknown is not by definition something a club of our stature should pursue.

In the last 22 years we appointed rookie John Barnes, Ronny Deila and Tony Mowbray, weeks after his West Brom team finished 20th out of 20 EPL clubs. All of them were considered bold and 'progressive' choices at the time, to varying degrees.

Just as Cathro replacing Neilson at Tynecastle and Caixinha replacing Warburton at Ibrox were also.

Postecoglou has managed for 25 years. The sum of his European experience being 9 months in the Greek 3rd division. Sandwiched between his stupendous 2019 J-League title win was a 9th place finish & a 12th place finish.

Just a fortnight ago the notion of this guy's arrival at Celtic Park would have been ridiculed as Mark Dingwall's wet dream. Yet for some Celtic fans (even the ones who initially acknowledged it being a potential carcrash like most of us) all it takes is platitudes about attractive, gun-ho football and all of a sudden logic is suspended. Sadly it epitomises how Lawwell has managed to get away with years of downsizing fan expectations.
Poor mark getting the blame B-D:shh:

they've now plunged new depths.

Dublin Pele

I'm new. Be gentle.
I'm new.  Be gentle.'m new.  Be gentle.

Something that's left-field or relatively unknown is not by definition something a club of our stature should pursue.

In the last 22 years we appointed rookie John Barnes, Ronny Deila and Tony Mowbray, weeks after his West Brom team finished 20th out of 20 EPL clubs. All of them were considered bold and 'progressive' choices at the time, to varying degrees.

Just as Cathro replacing Neilson at Tynecastle and Caixinha replacing Warburton at Ibrox were also.

Postecoglou has managed for 25 years. The sum of his European experience being 9 months in the Greek 3rd division. Sandwiched between his stupendous 2019 J-League title win was a 9th place finish & a 12th place finish.

Just a fortnight ago the notion of this guy's arrival at Celtic Park would have been ridiculed as Mark Dingwall's wet dream. Yet for some Celtic fans (even the ones who initially acknowledged it being a potential carcrash like most of us) all it takes is platitudes about attractive, gun-ho football and all of a sudden logic is suspended. Sadly it epitomises how Lawwell has managed to get away with years of downsizing fan expectations.
Howe the fùck is Mark Dingwall

What I’m really hoping for, and what i believe will happen, is that these ’supporters‘, who have taken great delight in telling us ‘you let your club die’, are put in the position of having to stump up to save their club.

For decades they’ve relied on billionaires (McCann, Fritzel) to shore them up. Right now they’re taking great pride in refusing to renew STs, buy merchandise etc, somehow assuming there’s a magic money tree which the directors can shake to produce a top level manager and players.

Eh, wake up cretins - at some point ‘the greatest fans in the world’ will have to actually part with some giro money to fund a rebuild. I think Desmond has had his fill of their ingratitude and is on the way out. Ditto Lawwell - he even had his house bombed as a thank you for a ‘quadruple treble’.

Whereas we packed Ibrox in our darkest days and only boycotted when verified crooks were in charge, I think these spoiled bastards will just sit back waiting for shit to happen. And it will be glorious (for us).

Cash rich came from Andy Walker .
They were never cash rich and I believe that Rogers was chased to give them much needed cash to keep a massive wage bill going .
If it wasn't for stupid incoming money for the likes of Dembele and Tierney, they'd be fucked imo
I believe this years accounts will prove you correct as nae cnut going for anywhere near 20mil this season

Last edited:
magnum121

First-team starter

I don't know about a disservice, but I am beginning to think the events in George Square and the fire-bombing of Lawwell's gaff are seriously affecting our ability to attract domestically. Clarke is on record as being happy his family were spared the west of Scotland intolerance and its violent consequences. If there is one man, other than Eddie Everton, who looks a dead cert NOT to want the job, its Steve Clarke.
Yes, Rangers fans partying and not the fact Celtic fans were trying to stone their players cars and attack them, and sending death threats outside of their stadium is the reason normal people don’t want to go to Celtic Park....

I think their refusal to admit that they are (not vey good) is confusing them. I don't give a fkc about them because WATP!
It's way more than just the players downing tools. We're talking about why they can't get deals over the line for any reasonable talent. Whether it be coaches, recruitment or players. There's deeprooted issues that's saw any decent targets run for the hills, resulting in them being the complete basket case we're laughing at on a daily basis now.

It's way more than just the players downing tools. We're talking about why they can't get deals over the line for any reasonable talent. Whether it be coaches, recruitment or players. There's deeprooteAgreed issues that's saw any decent targets run for the hills, resulting in them being the complete basket case we're laughing at on a daily basis now.
Agreed completely.

i see they are now arguing over the amount u get for qualifying for the CL, one mentioned 30 mil only to be shot down to say u r lucky if its between 12-15mil ????

i like this, almost admitting they have next to no chance of making it this year or next ;-)

but when they were in it the amount was zillions ?????

they do love their comfort blankey when they r in the sh1t - lets talk about the Gers and money thats makes everything much better, there there.................

A wee prediction. They are seriously out of cash, so much so that it could lead to Admin. We got into bother for using what we saw as a tax loophole. Their issues are very much self influenced. We as a fan base stood by our club. They are leeching money from theirs, demanding refunds. I always said, I would have hated to see them having to go through what we did, as we need a credible challenge, but now, phuck them. The crap we had to put up with as we made our way back up the divisions was scandalous, so I'm happy to see them go to the wall.

A wee prediction. They are seriously out of cash, so much so that it could lead to Admin. We got into bother for using what we saw as a tax loophole. Their issues are very much self influenced. We as a fan base stood by our club. They are leeching money from theirs, demanding refunds. I always said, I would have hated to see them having to go through what we did, as we need a credible challenge, but now, phuck them. The crap we had to put up with as we made our way back up the divisions was scandalous, so I'm happy to see them go to the wall.
Spot on!! Been thinking the same for many reasons.. the people leaving the club such as lego licker and his reported 40k a week wage bill and liewell and the daft amount he's been paid yearly for God knows how long. Then replacing him with someone who has learned his trade watching rugby haha

i see they are now arguing over the amount u get for qualifying for the CL, one mentioned 30 mil only to be shot down to say u r lucky if its between 12-15mil ????

i like this, almost admitting they have next to no chance of making it this year or next ;-)

but when they were in it the amount was zillions ?????

they do love their comfort blankey when they r in the sh1t - lets talk about the Gers and money thats makes everything much better, there there.................
It's €15 million for qualifying to the groups.

Due to our coefficient we'd get around €5 million for our 10 year coefficient.

Then we'd get the sole market share for Scotland

I think it works out €25-30 million. Maybe more

You then get €2.7 million for a win and €900k for a draw. A couple of wins and you are signing a £5 million player. Insane amounts of money.

Then you've got the gate, though I doubt the SNP will allow anymore than 10k in stadiums. If they let us back in a full Ibrox at £40 a pop works out at roughly £2 million a game.

Basically if we make it, our finances are completely sorted (unless upgrading on a player we wouldn't really need to sell anyone) and we'd have quite a few million in the bank.

You then get €2.7 million for a win and €900k for a draw. A couple of wins and you are signing a £5 million player. Insane amounts of money.

Then you've got the gate, though I doubt the SNP will allow anymore than 10k in stadiums. If they let us back in a full Ibrox at £40 a pop works out at roughly £2 million a game.

Basically if we make it, our finances are completely sorted (unless upgrading on a player we wouldn't really need to sell anyone) and we'd have quite a few million in the bank.
So when we win the full thing next season our finances should be half decent

Hope we have some of that.

Cash rich ? I right, morally bankrupt mockets will have to deal with a large portion of reality. Lead balloon in freefall, never mind they could always recycle the bronze effigies at the dome .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back