Rangers Silk Scarves 60's?

My uncle had bought my dad one but he lost it in the 70's. I've been trying to find an original for the last few months to purchase with no success. If anyone has one then I'm interested.

There's another one going for £200

I don't see why someone doesn't make replicas of these.

They'd sell like hot cakes.

Back in the dayR.W,Forsyth uses to be the official outlet for them and all other Rangers stuff ties etc etc are they still in operation?.

Sorry about the size of these - 1st time doing pics! This is my scarf that was passed on to me from my Grandpa in the 70's. My old man tends to wear it just now and I'll wear it in due course although I sometimes use it if I'm at a game on my own.

Sorry about the size of these - 1st time doing pics! This is my scarf that was passed on to me from my Grandpa in the 70's. My old man tends to wear it just now and I'll wear it in due course although I sometimes use it if I'm at a game on my own.
A thing of Beauty

Cheers, actually one good this about these scarves is that since they are much smaller/lighter than a normal scarf, they can be easily tucked away into a pocket if you're headed straight into town after a game.

Rangers Retail should definitely be thinking about these. Maybe a limited edition so that they hold some value into the future?

That's the one I had way back then,used to fold quite neatly into the suit pocket if you were going straight out somewhere.

I had one given to me by my Grandad so me being 68 now god knows how old it would have been. Unfortunately my mother convinced me to give it to her best pals son to "encourage" him to go to games. The cnut lasted 2 games and I never saw the scarf again. Still fecking pisses me off to this day. I still remember that it was cold against my neck when I first put it on.

My mate still takes his silk scarf to the games like the one above, I always say to him he needs to ditch it as it's seen better days. But his reply is he took it to Barcelona so if it can survive thst its good for a few more years yet lol.

I've been looking for one of these as well. I spoke to some staff in the megastore and mentioned they probably would fly off the shelf. This was when "fat wallet" was in control.....might be worth mentioning again.

Had a look there that's not the one I'm talking about it's the one with loads of wee Lion
rampants

Were the ends not an angle. too? Rather than being straight across?

Edit - 8-1 just posted a pic which is closer but the one I recall had fringes on the ends and was silkier, shinier

I also had one when
I used to have one and can't find it, who else has one and what ones do we all have?

I had one also but it was a long time ago and unfortunately i can't remember where it landed up.Those were the days when i went to Ibrox on the train from Brigton cross.

This
There's another one going for £200

I don't see why someone doesn't make replicas of these.

They'd sell like hot cakes.
This was a recurring theme on the old forum. I'm trying to get my RSC to produce some old fashioned scarves. They'd go down really well with members and would be available for general sale.

A thing of beauty.

Reactions: 8-1
I used to have one and can't find it, who else has one and what ones do we all have? Used to be some crackers!
I had quite a few but gave them away to friends in Belfast for their children when I was over there in the sixties I did not realise just how smart they were.wish we could reproduce them they would sell for sure.

Have a few a these scarves which I have collected over the years.

They have cost me a few quid over the years, however are probably my most prized Rangers possession, I love them!!

I don't know how to post a photograph but here is my old one from 1975-1976.Now my avatar
dnORik

Last edited:
wonder if there's anything stopping a punter sellin these, trademark etc?

Might be worth speaking to the SLO as theres such a big appetite for them.

Been in contact with a scarf manufacturer
But have to go through the club to see if it will be ok to have it made

So waiting on a call back from club

Will let you know how I got on

As I know scarfs were made a few years back so might be ok ??

Most of the scarves in the 60s and 70s were class,wish I had kept them.

Same here. I had umpteen but the only one that is left is the one I wore to Barcelona, which I borrowed from my future wife. It is really broad in the style of an old college scarf. The last time I actually wore it was at a reserve game at Tannadice 29 years ago.

Been in contact with a scarf manufacturer
But have to go through the club to see if it will be ok to have it made

So waiting on a call back from club

Will let you know how I got on

As I know scarfs were made a few years back so might be ok ??
Count me in for one mate if you get the go ahead

Back