Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be wrong, but thought that was more about them closing those sections (top tier?) to make way for banners? So those seats now not available as they know they'll be nowhere near a sell out.

To be fair though, I have no real idea - your explanation could be plausible
I did see one or 2 posts on their forum that brought that to mind but I don’t know either. It could be trying to sell it evenly from bottom up to allow tiers to be closed as you say or it could be the roof caving in round about them.

They’re comparing the Ange appointment to the Ronny appointment. I don’t remember anybody angry and scared when he was appointed. I wonder what the difference is now that they’re shitting themselves? Yes they’re scared of the Rangers again.
He was appointed around that time of OGS doing well over there and this thinking that maybe there was a Scandinavian rebirth of managers. If anything I remember them being pretty excited about Ronny.

Bottom line is they know that no matter who they appoint they are playing catch up, and if they get this one wrong the financial gap could vanish in a few years.

Won't be investing in it financially or emotionally.

I've already switched off from all other football.

It'll be sad that the day will come with Celtic. It takes up so much of my thoughts on any given day, too much probably.

I can't support a decision that is a scandal. A deliberate decision to nobble the club from within. Or else a group determined to prove how much smarter they are than everyone else.

Well, every single decision they made - or failed to make - since summer 2018, has been wrong.

The consequences have ranged from really bad to absolutely catestrophic.

This is more of the latter.

I've no interest in the transfer thread because I've no plans to watch us.

Winning isn't everything for me, not if we've done our best in the trying.

I've never bought into the board's i.e Lawwell's policy never to build a team and his imposition of a low glass ceiling for our ambitions. It was such a wasted opportunity.

This though is a disgraceful act by a crowd of unconscionable villains.

The club is walking off a cliff. Sure, we might find sunken treasure at the bottom of the sea, but with wiser heads prevailing we would have stayed on dry land. A whole world of options were available but this is what we chose. Insane.
He's quite the pirate this gonk.

He was appointed around that time of OGS doing well over there and this thinking that maybe there was a Scandinavian rebirth of managers. If anything I remember them being pretty excited about Ronny.

Bottom line is they know that no matter who they appoint they are playing catch up, and if they get this one wrong the financial gap could vanish in a few years.
It was meant to be Keane with Deila as Assistant and being 'groomed' to take over. When Keane found out he told them to ram it. Allegedly.

I think you'll see with this years accounts that there is no tangible financial gap.

So if they balls this up, we'll streak ahead in the next few years. CL groups this year and winning the league (with highly likely direct entry to groups next year) and we'd be well ahead I expect.

Last edited:

It'll be sad that the day will come with Celtic. It takes up so much of my thoughts on any given day, too much probably.

I can't support a decision that is a scandal. A deliberate decision to nobble the club from within. Or else a group determined to prove how much smarter they are than everyone else.

Well, every single decision they made - or failed to make - since summer 2018, has been wrong.

I've never bought into the board's i.e Lawwell's policy never to build a team and his imposition of a low glass ceiling for our ambitions. It was such a wasted opportunity.

The club is walking off a cliff. Sure, we might find sunken treasure at the bottom of the sea, but with wiser heads prevailing we would have stayed on dry land. A whole world of options were available but this is what we chose. Insane.
hark at long john silver here,,ooh ar ooh ar

Might be wrong, but thought that was more about them closing those sections (top tier?) to make way for banners? So those seats now not available as they know they'll be nowhere near a sell out.

To be fair though, I have no real idea - your explanation could be plausible
They sold season tickets for the away end last season. They hold their fans in more contempt than we do.

The financial gap has already vanished.

They sold season tickets for the away end last season. They hold their fans in more contempt than we do.
I didn't know that

Thats disgraceful

More fool their dumb cnut fans for being suckered by ra myfical ten

Mind you, had Terry Munro not ceased to exist, none of this whining would occur

This is brilliant.

The most bitter of papes, he isn’t alone, thinks we somehow cheated the system last year with Covid………..it’s almost as if their Dubai debacle and being completely let off with breaking the rules despite photographic evidence just never happened.
And remind us timbo.

What were the punishments, in terms of games handed out to Rangers players, because of Covid, as opposed to the players of other clubs?

Another moon howler has got the crayons out.

Email sent last night:

Shareholders and season ticket holders since 1995 here.

I’ve been working on a long letter to The Board these last few months, to express our concerns over The Board/Lawwell & Desmond’s actions and inactions since 2012 and the liquidation of the first Rangers club; to explain our fears for the future and why those fears were making us reconsider renewing our season tickets. But you know what? We’re just so scunnered now, so sickened by those in charge we can’t be bothered.

I fell out of love with football in the aftermath of the liquidation of the first Rangers club. The brazen corruption of the football authorities in whitewashing 10 years of systemic cheating on an industrial scale, of The 5 Way Agreement, of the ‘same club lie’ and of Celtic’s feeble acquiescence in all this sickened me. I stopped being a football fan and became a Celtic man only, taking solace from knowing we Celtic supporters would have our revenge on Scottish football by dominating the game and maybe even breaking free and leaving it behind. However, thanks to the ridiculous decision to replace Rodgers with Lennon, then the Board's incompetence in refusing to replace Lennon while the season was still salvageable, we're not winning anymore, and I'm asking myself why should I still bother?

Why should I give my hard earned money and emotional commitment when the club is run by such a weak, inept Board that has been ragdolled by a two-bob conman in Dave King? A Board that hides from every challenge to Celtic's reputation and welfare but springs into action when their failed stewardship is being exposed, such as the hasty erection of security fences, Desmond's "entitled yobs" slur, and Lawwell's pathetic attempt at defending the indefensible Dubai jaunt? Why should I bother when they have brazenly lied about trying to attract a quality manager like Eddie Howe, and have turned us into a laughing stock? Why should I bother when Lawwell, his son and the Manchester City Group are dictating Celtic’s future? Why should I bother when they pretend failing to secure 10 In A Row was anything other than a shameful failure? Why should I bother when they have effectively given Rangers a free run to the title next season, before a ball has been kicked? Factor in God-knows how many more months of the chronic Pass To Paradise and Rangers continuing to cheat their way around the Covid regulations that other clubs adhere to without a peep from Celtic and that’s it for me.

There are many more like us, lifelong supporters and season ticket holder who have reached breaking point and will not renew. We have had enough of The Board’s lies, empty promises and sickening emotional blackmail. ‘A Club Built To Last’ doesn’t wilfully mismanage itself from domination to self-destruction. We are not renewing our Season Tickets. If anyone in the Boardroom is remotely interested in how we feel and why, please let them know.

Received a fairly astonishing reply this morning that came across as being as empathetic as the writer felt they could get away with, without incurring the wrath of their employer. JPT and his team can hold their heads high.
I was wondering where O'Rourke had gone he's been so silent since April.

They’re comparing the Ange appointment to the Ronny appointment. I don’t remember anybody angry and scared when he was appointed. I wonder what the difference is now that they’re shitting themselves? Yes they’re scared of the Rangers again.
The bottom line is Delila was a free throw of the dice for them.

They would have won the league being managed by a retarded chipmunk up against the might of McInnes' Aberdeen.

The league was sown up before the first kick off, of the season. But could the new continental coach, and remember, they brought out a book on his footballing insight, give them progress in the CL?

However, as we would find out. It was not the calibre of the manager, Delila (why, why, why? I had to do it) or Rodgers, it was the calibre of the players who were feted by their fanbhoys in the media and constantly built up who were simply the best of an abysmal lot domestically and nowhere near competent at the top level.

And then the rain, rain, Rangers came tumbling down on their one hope and dream above all the inconsequence of the 8.75 years..

The bottom line is Delila was a free throw of the dice for them.

They would have won the league being managed by a retarded chipmunk up against the might of McInnes' Aberdeen.

The league was sown up before the first kick off, of the season. But could the new continental coach, and remember, they brought out a book on his footballing insight, give them progress in the CL?

However, as we would find out. It was not the calibre of the manager, Delila (why, why, why? I had to do it) or Rodgers, it was the calibre of the players who were feted by their fanbhoys in the media and constantly built up who were simply the best of an abysmal lot domestically and nowhere near competent at the top level.

And then the rain, rain, Rangers came tumbling down on their one hope and dream above all the inconsequence of the 8.75 years..
Well that was a strange rabbit hole to fall down. A search for Ronny Delia book brings up ‘Vladimir Putin, life coach. By the author of The wonderful poetry of Donald Trump’.
And ‘Ronny’s roar’ Wtaf?

Maybe because I was living in Asia I missed that

Thank fcuk!

Mental
They were 'big-upping' him as the way to go coaching wise.

What's imperitive is that we don't ever approach their level of 'hubris' ever again. (Some had it, during our nine)

Let's keep our feet on the ground, keep taking a a responsible and reasonable approach to our obstacles and keep working at our game.

I'm pretty sure the manager is one or two steps ahead of us all in that respect.

They must be toiling to sell season tickets, advert I heard on the radio there was aimed at the mongs in their support, 'our club was formed in defiance, our club was formed to fight back and other such shite.
They never got the irony and ambiguity of 'a club like no other,' either.

Why not just be honest and say, 'a club formed to reinforce Irish Catholic identity and prevent Irish Catholic immigrants from assimilating into the more progressive values of the host nation and culture.'

That's what it was and that's what it is and I would have more respect for that view than the duplicitous pish they've been peddling since their inception.

Forgot about that cringey shite. He'd run towards the mhanky hordes at full time and scream looking like he's having an aneurism after beating the likes of Hamilton and Dundee. Pathetic!
Manufactured excitement. It was sheer desperation to make it look like the top flight here wasn’t at its most bring and pointless point ever.

Forgot about that cringey shite. He'd run towards the mhanky hordes at full time and scream looking like he's having an aneurism after beating the likes of Hamilton and Dundee. Pathetic!
Haha aye that was horrendous, like a Nordic, really crap Klopp.
They got away with it as they had no challenge, even at that, just, if Aberdeen had any bottle they could have nicked a title.

giphy.gif

Inject that salty bitterness into my veins so I can feel even more euphoric

Glory hunters like no other should be the fans motto for the "club like no other"

Went looking for this:

"If Rangers qualify for the Champions League group stages, then they are likely to overtake Celtic in terms of revenue generation in a league where finishing second for either team is regarded as failure."

Some key points.
- Celtic broke even last year. But that was due to a £24mil sale of Tierney. Without that sale they make a £24mil loss.
- Celtic are unlikely to make any sales anywhere near that high this summer (and they would show up in the following year's accounts anyway?).
- Last season only a few games were affected by covid. This season the full effects of covid will be felt by both clubs.
- ~30k Celtic fans requested refunds for the partially completed season.
- Celtics prize money will be well down due to almost no positive results in Europe and coming 2nd in the league (they made a dodgy deal where the 2nd place team are now about 600k worse off than 1st?)
- Their terrible Euro performance means they dont share in any of the tv money for Scotland for the knock out stages. Before they would have got the lions share of that, this year we took it all.

We will of course see the effects of covid in our finances. But everything points to them being hurt more. Plus their poor results mean lesser prize money, lesser bonus payments on commercial contracts? and lesser merchandise revenue etc. The opposite is true for us - yes covid will hurt, but for us it will be offset to some extent by positive results on the field, how that affects prize money, tv money and commercial deals, #55 merch etc and the addition of the Castore and other contracts for this year.

As I say, I am not sure any "financial" gap currently exists. Both are in a poor state and they may have fallen to be just slightly worse than us taking all the above and in the link into account? CL groups this year is a possibility and league winners this year "should" get automatic group stages next year. That could add 2 x 30million give or take to our revenue over the next 2 years and put us in a far, far stronger position.

I think we need to stop perpetuating the idea a financial gap exists. Their revenues are a bit higher, their costs are a bit higher and as such both teams will likely perform similarly poorly this year, probably Rangers a little better. CL groups plus league win could see us steal a real march in financial stakes. The fact that it is possible for us to overtake them in that area so soon is criminal for their club.

Another moon howler has got the crayons out.

Email sent last night:

Shareholders and season ticket holders since 1995 here.

I’ve been working on a long letter to The Board these last few months, to express our concerns over The Board/Lawwell & Desmond’s actions and inactions since 2012 and the liquidation of the first Rangers club; to explain our fears for the future and why those fears were making us reconsider renewing our season tickets. But you know what? We’re just so scunnered now, so sickened by those in charge we can’t be bothered.

I fell out of love with football in the aftermath of the liquidation of the first Rangers club. The brazen corruption of the football authorities in whitewashing 10 years of systemic cheating on an industrial scale, of The 5 Way Agreement, of the ‘same club lie’ and of Celtic’s feeble acquiescence in all this sickened me. I stopped being a football fan and became a Celtic man only, taking solace from knowing we Celtic supporters would have our revenge on Scottish football by dominating the game and maybe even breaking free and leaving it behind. However, thanks to the ridiculous decision to replace Rodgers with Lennon, then the Board's incompetence in refusing to replace Lennon while the season was still salvageable, we're not winning anymore, and I'm asking myself why should I still bother?

Why should I give my hard earned money and emotional commitment when the club is run by such a weak, inept Board that has been ragdolled by a two-bob conman in Dave King? A Board that hides from every challenge to Celtic's reputation and welfare but springs into action when their failed stewardship is being exposed, such as the hasty erection of security fences, Desmond's "entitled yobs" slur, and Lawwell's pathetic attempt at defending the indefensible Dubai jaunt? Why should I bother when they have brazenly lied about trying to attract a quality manager like Eddie Howe, and have turned us into a laughing stock? Why should I bother when Lawwell, his son and the Manchester City Group are dictating Celtic’s future? Why should I bother when they pretend failing to secure 10 In A Row was anything other than a shameful failure? Why should I bother when they have effectively given Rangers a free run to the title next season, before a ball has been kicked? Factor in God-knows how many more months of the chronic Pass To Paradise and Rangers continuing to cheat their way around the Covid regulations that other clubs adhere to without a peep from Celtic and that’s it for me.

There are many more like us, lifelong supporters and season ticket holder who have reached breaking point and will not renew. We have had enough of The Board’s lies, empty promises and sickening emotional blackmail. ‘A Club Built To Last’ doesn’t wilfully mismanage itself from domination to self-destruction. We are not renewing our Season Tickets. If anyone in the Boardroom is remotely interested in how we feel and why, please let them know.

Received a fairly astonishing reply this morning that came across as being as empathetic as the writer felt they could get away with, without incurring the wrath of their employer. JPT and his team can hold their heads high.
Well, that was a waste of “a few months.”

Went looking for this:

"If Rangers qualify for the Champions League group stages, then they are likely to overtake Celtic in terms of revenue generation in a league where finishing second for either team is regarded as failure."

Some key points.
- Celtic broke even last year. But that was due to a £24mil sale of Tierney. Without that sale they make a £24mil loss.
- Celtic are unlikely to make any sales anywhere near that high this summer (and they would show up in the following year's accounts anyway?).
- Last season only a few games were affected by covid. This season the full effects of covid will be felt by both clubs.
- ~30k Celtic fans requested refunds for the partially completed season.
- Celtics prize money will be well down due to almost no positive results in Europe and coming 2nd in the league (they made a dodgy deal where the 2nd place team are now about 600k worse off than 1st?)
- Their terrible Euro performance means they dont share in any of the tv money for Scotland for the knock out stages. Before they would have got the lions share of that, this year we took it all.

We will of course see the effects of covid in our finances. But everything points to them being hurt more. Plus their poor results mean lesser prize money, lesser bonus payments on commercial contracts? and lesser merchandise revenue etc. The opposite is true for us - yes covid will hurt, but for us it will be offset to some extent by positive results on the field, how that affects prize money, tv money and commercial deals, #55 merch etc and the addition of the Castore and other contracts for this year.

As I say, I am not sure any "financial" gap currently exists. Both are in a poor state and they may have fallen to be just slightly worse than us taking all the above and in the link into account? CL groups this year is a possibility and league winners this year "should" get automatic group stages next year. That could add 2 x 30million give or take to our revenue over the next 2 years and put us in a far, far stronger position.

I think we need to stop perpetuating the idea a financial gap exists. Their revenues are a bit higher, their costs are a bit higher and as such both teams will likely perform similarly poorly this year, probably Rangers a little better. CL groups plus league win could see us steal a real march in financial stakes. The fact that it is possible for us to overtake them in that area so soon is criminal for their club.
The poets think they still have superior resources. We were still rebuilding all our income streams the last time they’ll have seen our accounts. All sponsors will be paying more due to our runs in Europe and possibly going into the CL. We’ve also brought on umpteen more sponsors. They were at their ceiling, we were still to reach ours. Given their obsession with our finances, our accounts compared to theirs could be as painful for many of them as our league win.

The poets think they still have superior resources. We were still rebuilding all our income streams the last time they’ll have seen our accounts. All sponsors will be paying more due to our runs in Europe and possibly going into the CL. We’ve also brought on umpteen more sponsors. They were at their ceiling, we were still to reach ours. Given their obsession with our finances, our accounts compared to theirs could be as painful for many of them as our league win.
Yep. Everything we were doing was on the up, aided by the impact improved results has directly and indirectly on revenue streams as you point out in your posts.

On the other hand, everything they have been doing financially was heading the other way, exacerbated by inferior on field results which will have a similarly negative impact on their finances directly and indirectly. No Tierney for 20+ mil to fill that massive hole in their accounts. Plus covid (which should hurt them more given we had insurance and they didn't and their fans demanded refunds and ours largely didnt)

I would be very, very surprised if we haven't just posted a better set of accounts which will be revealed later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back