Brendan Rogers helps celtic bank £3m on Edouard

Be glad to see him go.If he could be arsed he was a good player.if they were to buy Nisbet then he would certainly score goals but not sure about his all round play if I'm being honest.Boyle is a player who has talent but looks like he needs a bit of time and space on the ball and he wouldn't get that at the tims.

How we laughed

Just one year ago.
For a penalty taker with a bad attitude. £40mil. 2 year contract to buy out. When the far superior Dembele went for £19mil.
Lunatics

If Nonce FC are after Nisbet, I can see the Thumb (and some cash) going in the opposite direction. That will get in a replacement for a small outlay, as well as offload that tramp Griffiths.

Nowhere near what they would have forecast for him, which is lovely. Between this and Ajer should give them about £20M for their rebuild. They need a full back 5 plus a striker and the are short in depth in the midfield. We really need to turn the screw this summer. Imagine getting an international class midfielder to compliment Jack / Kamara / Davis / Aribo / Arfield and keeping the rest of the squad intact.
They need 3-4 strikers if Edouard goes
Klimala gone
Ajetic pish
Griffiths expected to go and a waster junkie now.

They need a full back 5. But they actually need around 8 signings in that department.
At least one goalie
2 right backs
3-4 CBs (assuming Ajer goes, Julien is crocked until ~Nov).
A left back.

I don't know why any manager would look at his enthusiasm and attitude this season and think that's a player I want in my squad. Fair enough if Rodgers thinks that's worth ignoring.
He was still the top goalscorer in the league last year and can tell he has ability. Will do well for them I think, was watching highlights of vardys finishes the other day quite similar eduard

Depends on the percentage due to PSG, have heard both 40% and 50% over the original £9m fee.

If 40% the fee would be £14m and if 50% the fee would be £15m.

A big drop from the £40m being talked about 18 months ago.

Shows the cost to clubs when allowing players to run cobtracts down to final year. We'll do well to get £10m for Goldson if he is serious with his desire to return south. Also why it is imperative that Kamara agrees a contract extension (otherwise be sold) to avoid this situation next sumner.
Agree mate. We don’t want to lose them but we’ve seen what happens when the contracts are run down. Take the money and trust the management team to reinvest wisely.

Glad he is going. A decent manager (if they ever get one) would get him playing again.

Whatever fee or profit they make off him wont be enough, they have no recruitment in place to sign an up and coming replacement with the same potential.

Nowhere near what they would have forecast for him, which is lovely. Between this and Ajer should give them about £20M for their rebuild. They need a full back 5 plus a striker and the are short in depth in the midfield. We really need to turn the screw this summer. Imagine getting an international class midfielder to compliment Jack / Kamara / Davis / Aribo / Arfield and keeping the rest of the squad intact.
They'll get half of anything made for transfers tops. Budget will be 10 mill I reckon. Expect loan deals aplenty.

Not

forgetting that Morelos has performed well on the European stage and has 23 Europa league goals to his name

The French penalty taker has flopped on the same stage , his scoring record in Europe is woeful compared to Alfredo’s

So basically Eduardo’s valuation is based on his goals in Scottish football against Hamilton and St.Mirren, not forgetting his penalties against the Andorra under 21’s

Morelos scored more Europa league group stage goals in one campaign than Eduardo has in 3 combined

There are no other stats to back up Eduardo’s valuation

Remember this is a player who can sign a pre contract in 7 months so why would anyone pay millions for him ?

Sorry I don’t believe they’ve got millions for this player , it’s as believable as the Ping Pong deal
Scottish press led by daily record claimed £11mil or E11mil for Pingpong.

Reports in Germany suggest it was more like ~£3mil plus add ons?

Given that, Edouard's £15mil here is probably more like £5mil upfront plus some add ons (if achieved, e.g. Leicester make Champs league/top 4).

With lesser players at CH I agree. Personally I thought Helander had his number whenever they 2 came up against each other.
Wasn't often with injuries etc.
I agree but he was by far their best player really the only one who gave us any issues at all now they have lost him they are totally toothless

He was still the top goalscorer in the league last year and can tell he has ability. Will do well for them I think, was watching highlights of vardys finishes the other day quite similar eduard
I agree he's obviously talented the point is his attitude looks questionable.

Having invested so much and not getting him on a longer contract was clearly a %^*& up from them and they were unlikely to recover from it strongly as his contract ran down..

From our perspective they've lost their best striker and they have 3 pieces of striking deadwood to also negotiate out the door.

If Nonce FC are after Nisbet, I can see the Thumb (and some cash) going in the opposite direction. That will get in a replacement for a small outlay, as well as offload that tramp Griffiths.
There has been talk for months that Nisbet will move there if they manage to punt Griffiths.

I agree he's obviously talented the point is his attitude looks questionable.
Looks like he needs a coach to get him to the next level -he is laidback but if you could get another 5/10% out of him he would be exceptional.

i cant imagine he would be anything other than a squad player. Perez and Iheanacho are miles ahead of him as is Vardy who is a legend at the club.

Probably a regular over age player in the under 23 team once he gets a few years older

This is the usual compliant cellik media spouting pish before facts,in the hope it happens.

Smacks of the 3 month eddie howeno debacle.
Ange aint here,he aint got the required coaching badges.
Moody eddie aint going anywhere either,his contract is going to run its course and he'll walk for free come january....meantime ,the papers and cellik ,will be punting him around anywhere,they might offload him in a desperate attempt to raise money.

Only because of the huge number of penalties in his goals tally , plus 5 of his 18 strikes were against Hamilton that included an opening day hat-trick

when you strip his goals down his stats aren’t great for a so - called multi-million pound rated player

This is the usual compliant cellik media spouting pish before facts,in the hope it happens.

Smacks of the 3 month eddie howeno debacle.
Ange aint here,he aint got the required coaching badges.
Moody eddie aint going anywhere either,his contract is going to run its course and he'll walk for free come january....meantime ,the papers and cellik ,will be punting him around anywhere,they might offload him in a desperate attempt to raise money.
The Sunday Times story, that they have quoted as their source, specifically says £15mil. So why have the Scottish Sun (and supposedly the Record according to earlier in this thread) randomly added an extra 20% to the fee?

Only because of the huge number of penalties in his goals tally , plus 5 of his 18 strikes were against Hamilton that included an opening day hat-trick

when you strip his goals down his stats aren’t great for a so - called multi-million pound rated player
5 penalties this season which would have put him 2nd highest goalscorer on 13 behind Roofe and Nisbet on 14

stevie21
16K4,057
21 min. ago#9733
allinthegameyo wrote: £9m for a 20 year old with a handful of first team games and we agreed to give up nearly half of future profit. Jesus.
If he goes for £15m then PSG get £2.4m and we get £12.6m. I don't see a problem with that. On paper "40% of profit" sounds bad but in practice it's only an issue if you buy for £3m and sell for £20m

Boy is he gonna be dissapointed

£9M purchase fee + £2M wages
£15M transfer fee - 50% profit to PSG

Put this through the Scottish mhedia calculator and you get:

£25M profit, praise the Celtic board and Lawwells business acumen, topped off by a sly dig about face painters.

Why do so many of their players want leave? From the rumours last summer of the French players not getting their exit to not playing for Lennon he went they are due new manager bounce so why not renew contracts rather than want to go?

The Frenchman will struggle in the EPL. He's had it easy up here.
I agree with this. He’s a lazy player, yes he can be sharp in the box and around it when he wants to be, he’s a good player but I doubt very much he’ll be a hit down there. Good deal for Leicester if true, they’ve bagged a decent player for a bargain, but they’ll need to work him hard to get any kind of return for that money.

I personally would rather have Alfredo over him all day long.

The Kerrydale Chartered Accountants Association will be convening a meeting as we speak to try and quantify and multiply the numbers and make them look astronomical compared to the reality…

The Sunday Times story, that they have quoted as their source, specifically says £15mil. So why have the Scottish Sun (and supposedly the Record according to earlier in this thread) randomly added an extra 20% to the fee?

Good spot. Crazy innit?:rolleyes::) The Times also says they bought him for £8m rather than £9m.

Last edited:
I agree with this. He’s a lazy player, yes he can be sharp in the box and around it when he wants to be, he’s a good player but I doubt very much he’ll be a hit down there. Good deal for Leicester if true, they’ve bagged a decent player for a bargain, but they’ll need to work him hard to get any kind of return for that money.

I personally would rather have Alfredo over him all day long.

The Kerrydale Chartered Accountants Association will be convening a meeting as we speak to try and quantify and multiply the numbers and make them look astronomical compared to the reality…

He is the likely replacement for Vardy when he leaves in the next couple of years.

Problem is, he has none of Vardy's best traits; workrate, stamina or desire. All of which have nothing to do with playing talent or are truly coachable.

5 penalties this season which would have put him 2nd highest goalscorer on 13 behind Roofe and Nisbet on 14

So his 18 league strikes this season consist of 5 penalties and 4 open play goals v Hamilton which leaves him another 9 goals overall

Not really the stats you’d expect from a multi million pound superstar

Prolific totally prolific that’s why he’s still playing under 21 football in his mid-twenties ....

Like many big money transfers you would expect the fee to be paid over a period of time. Do we know if they have paid all the fee to PSG or will they still owe them money from the original transfer?

Looks like he needs a coach to get him to the next level -he is laidback but if you could get another 5/10% out of him he would be exceptional.

Ultimately it boils down to the complete lack of respect him, Ntcham and others showed Lennon. I don't think he tries, never mind gets away with half arseing it under Rodgers the way he has under Lennon.

I reckon we'll never been able to calculate just how much money Celtic cost themselves in the long run when they gave the job to Lennon when you consider how several of their assets either downed tools or didn't progress as they hoped under his management. You're looking at tens of millions in all honesty.

Who cares what they get for him
He’s celtics best player and he’s leaving.
Good news

Back