Rangers legends Alex Rae and Marvin Andrews reopen pub as fans let off flares to celebrate Glasgow moving to Level 2

BlueMeanie

RANGERS legends Alex Rae and Marvin Andrews reopened a Glasgow pub as fans let off flares to celebrate the city moving to Level 2.
The Ibrox heroes were met with a red carpet at popular Light Blues pub Oswald's Bar as they cut the ribbon to declare that the venue was officially back for business.
Alex Rae and Marvin Andrews reopened Oswald's Bar
Fans let off flares to celebrate
Excited drinkers poured into the bar for the first time this year and blasted tunes as confetti was fired into the air.
Jubilant customers also cheered in unison before pouring into the pub as the indoor booze ban in Glasgow came to an end.
Ex-Gers stars Andrews and Rae both joined in with the celebrations as they made their way into the pub alongside punters.

The bar thanked the duo for coming along to help out, and welcomed back the "Rangers family".

Never been, had a pint planned there before the first lockdown. Hoping to pay a wee visit in the next couple of weeks after the initial madness dies down. Will it be a booking system does anyone know?

what about covid?????
Alex Rae .... never a Rangers legend, yet another ex bear who creams himself talking about the selik same as our ex captain baz, turns my stomach listening to the praise he lords on the dark side, i used to listen to GO Radio podcast but it was actually nausiating listening to Baz , it's even worse than listening to james english

what about covid?????
Alex Rae .... never a Rangers legend, yet another ex bear who creams himself talking about the selik same as our ex captain baz, turns my stomach listening to the praise he lords on the dark side, i used to listen to GO Radio podcast but it was actually nausiating listening to Baz , it's even worse than listening to james english

Was he ever really regarded as a legend by fans? He didn’t do anywhere near enough as a player to be held up there with the legends.

Was he ever really regarded as a legend by fans? He didn’t do anywhere near enough as a player to be held up there with the legends.
May be
Iam pretty sure they both don't go around calling themselves legends.

I thought the extract was from a newspaper or a blogger. I doubt they are going around calling themselves Legends, the point is there are helping a fellow bear open a bar, it isn’t something we should be getting angry about.

Don’t listen to Clyde so I don’t know if Alec is too cozy when trying to be impartial, but when he’s on RTV he doesn’t offend in any way if you ask me.

As for Big Marvin? How many ex-players can lay claim to an immortal soundbite?

Despite the whys and wherefores regarding legendary status, both are better than decent ambassadors for the club and gave everything for the jersey when they wore it, and for those reasons, they’ll do for me.

RANGERS legends Alex Rae and Marvin Andrews reopened a Glasgow pub as fans let off flares to celebrate the city moving to Level 2.
The Ibrox heroes were met with a red carpet at popular Light Blues pub Oswald's Bar as they cut the ribbon to declare that the venue was officially back for business.
Alex Rae and Marvin Andrews reopened Oswald's Bar's Bar
Excited drinkers poured into the bar for the first time this year and blasted tunes as confetti was fired into the air.
Jubilant customers also cheered in unison before pouring into the pub as the indoor booze ban in Glasgow came to an end.
Ex-Gers stars Andrews and Rae both joined in with the celebrations as they made their way into the pub alongside punters.

The bar thanked the duo for coming along to help out, and welcomed back the "Rangers family".

Apparently the bar staff rampaged through Glasgow insulting people with Irish looking faces.

An exhausted member of staff at a big hospital said over ten people were stabbed and one man was admitted to hospital with his testicles badly burned when a pyrotechnic exploded prematurely.

Peter Murrell was attacked while making a withdrawal from a Bank of Ireland atm. Nicola Sturgeon said, "if anyone sees him can you tell him to call me"?

Susan Aitken of GRCC broke off a shopping trip at a well known garden centre to say, "the benches, the benches how many this time"?

Humza Useless said, "were the staff white"?

Hugh Keevins said, "if anyone witnessed anything or heard any rumours, please get in touch and I'll print it in the interests of fairness".

Only thing I remember is Rae putting in a horrendous tackle in his debut CL qualifier away from home to make the group stages.
It was a straight red all day and somehow he managed to get away with a yellow.

Only thing I remember is Rae putting in a horrendous tackle in his debut CL qualifier away from home to make the group stages.
It was a straight red all day and somehow he managed to get away with a yellow.
Wouldn’t say tackle sure it was a kick to the head haha

This'll be Alex Rae who is routinely slaughtered as being a patsy when he's on phone ins or doing commentary?

Marvin isnt a legend either but is the definition of a cult hero - and rightly so. Big Marv was great.

I look back to Helicopter Sunday and he was on the pitch that day at Easter Road.

Every player that day is a hero to me. Marvin Andrews for obvious reasons - his picture at full time kneeling on the turf is one of my all time favourite pictures.

I remember Rae calming Barry Ferguson down as Fergie started celebrating when we all started dancing when the news filtered through from Fir Park.

I look back to Helicopter Sunday and he was on the pitch that day at Easter Road.

Every player that day is a hero to me. Marvin Andrews for obvious reasons - his picture at full time kneeling on the turf is one of my all time favourite pictures.

I remember Rae calming Barry Ferguson down as Fergie started celebrating when we all started dancing when the news filtered through from Fir Park.

Really mate, Steven Thompson is a hero?

Neither of them will be Rangers legends in a month of Sundays.
Big Marv was a pretty memorable part of the helicopter Sunday season. I reckon he maybe deserves to be called a Rangers legend.

Alex Rae, my main memory of him was getting banned from Europe for kicking someone in the head. Not a legend in my eyes, though does come across as a genuine bear that lived the dream, so don't see a reason to have a go at him.

Back