Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on his options in Germany. I'd hazard he'd prefer to be playing 50 games a season to include CL or EL group football than kicking around mid table to relegation Bundesliga.
He will have plenty options outside of Germany.

So we can’t sign U21 internationals now according to FF. Lol
Of course we can sign U21 internationals, it just depends which other clubs want to sign them as well, there also has to be a willingness to come to a league which frankly is not viewed as Uber attractive and to a country ran by a halfwit.

Of course we can sign U21 internationals, it just depends which other clubs want to sign them as well, there also has to be a willingness to come to a league which frankly is not viewed as Uber attractive and to a country ran by a halfwit.
If that logic was applied we wouldn’t go in for any player.

Sakala has said he had options in the EPL & Ligue 1 for example but chose us.

Fair enough, If we sign Ozcan it will be an incredible piece of business, I just think others may be able to offer something more attractive than we can. That’s my opinion.

We don't have a bad defence, but when we move up a level in Europe against Leverkusen or Slavia we leaked like a sieve. Facts are the facts, if we want to improve results at that level we will need to improve the squad. I don't see what we have improving to that level.
I think that was at least in part to the midfield too.

That nmecha looked a tidy big player and can score goals
Man City are looking to sell him after a great season and want about £8 million for him he's an ideal Morelos replacement were he to go he's got the lot in his game

La Liga as well. He’s evidently smart and has the correct attitude and motivation for a professional athlete. I genuinely believe he’ll be a success with us because of this alone.

If we don’t get an u21 player because they want 20% more in their wage or the phoney prestige of playing for a small club in a ‘big league’ at this stage in their career, then it’s a bullet dodged. We only want players who have the desire to win trophies and are willing to prove their worth at an actual big club.

I'm not sure the use of the word 'free' is entirely appropriate. Good deals, obviously, but if we look at the (cheap?) cross-border deal for Aribo it actually cost us circa £2m to get it over the line. Good value, for sure, but not the 'minimal' cost that gets bandied about.

Similar with the above, there may be no - or a lower - fee but we will still be paying handsomely in other ways.
VB given the pattern that coplandbear points out and the recent seasons’ incomings those suggest the policy of the club is OoC / low duration of contracts as favourable .
You do make a good point about OoC not being free but those types of signings are well understood as better value now imo .
It’s been well discussed on this thread but paying fees for players To Clubs is a cost we should try and avoid via wise planning.

VB given the pattern that coplandbear points out and the recent seasons’ incomings those suggest the policy of the club is OoC / low duration of contracts as favourable .
You do make a good point about OoC not being free but those types of signings are well understood as better value now imo .
It’s been well discussed on this thread but paying fees for players To Clubs is a cost we should try and avoid via wise planning.
I agree with everything you say mate - bar one point. We still have folk talking about OoC players being 'free' or, indeed, Aribo being 'cheap'. I'm probably just a bit paranoid about it ha ha.:)

If any have to go, I'm quite happy for Kamara to go,out of all our big players, he's the one that would be easier to replace,compared to an Alfie or a Kent.
If we can replace what Kamara brings to this team within our budget it will be a minor miracle. We were so fortunate to pick him up for what we did but to repeat the trick will be nigh on impossible I feel.

I agree with everything you say mate - bar one point. We still have folk talking about OoC players being 'free' or, indeed, Aribo being 'cheap'. I'm probably just a bit paranoid about it ha ha.:)
You're not wrong though mate,it's just that 1-2 million in costs is better than a 4 million quid fee that would normally apply were the players under a longer contract.

We seem to be incredibly smart under Ross Wilson if reports are accurate.

When does the transfer window open?
I’d put money on our incomings done in the same week.

You're not wrong though mate,it's just that 1-2 million in costs is better than a 4 million quid fee that would normally apply were the players under a longer contract.

We seem to be incredibly smart under Ross Wilson if reports are accurate.
yep, a highly rated free player, is free only in name in today's footballing landscape, but it's a thousand times better than paying out a hefty transfer fee when you don't have to, that's the smart way to go, that obviously doesn't mean we shouldn't go all out with a big fee for a player if it's someone gerrard really wants and someone he thinks will take us to the next level

When does the transfer window open?
I’d put money on our incomings done in the same week.
I think we will have the bulk of our targets lined up but at the same time we need players out the door the squad is ridiculously bloated.

A bit demoralising seeing the same unwanted players back in the summer namely Edmundson, Barker, Jones, Hastie etc.

We need to be able to use them if we cannot shift them . I think barker seems to be one they are happy to use . Sadly JJ n GE seem to have blotted there professional reputations with SG .
hastie is ok too but not going to be near the firsts squad I wonder would he be a player who would be asked to play in the Lowland League squad ?

I think he's listening to Barry Ferguson, because that's exactly what he says, and Ferguson knows absolutely %^*& all

I heard Barry talking nonsense last week regarding Kamara's future. He said Kamara will be off this summer as he only has one year left on his deal (he has two years left). That was in response to the clueless Davie Provan who said he was shocked to hear we've been linked with a central midfielder as we're top heavy in that area.

We need to be able to use them if we cannot shift them . I think barker seems to be one they are happy to use . Sadly JJ n GE seem to have blotted there professional reputations with SG .
hastie is ok too but not going to be near the firsts squad I wonder would he be a player who would be asked to play in the Lowland League squad ?
Would be a complete waste of time for all concerned for Hastie to play in the Lowland League.

A lot of folk flapping gums today about 24 year old centre backs who aren't the full package forgetting that centre backs are rarely at their best until their late 20s. Simpson and Katic both have flaws, but no-ones punting them yet. Katic was a £2m investment and has the basics to be a great. Just needs time to develop - and he has time aplenty! Still young and you can see his mentality based on how he has applied himself since the injury - and I mean SEE: he's a unit now! Simpson actually has many of the attributes Katic needs to develop, but could also learn a lot from the Croats game. Both may or may not develop over time, but both are excellent prospects in their own rights and have plenty time to develop under Goldson and Helander.

I laugh at the comments about how poor Balogun is postionally and then comparing him to Helander to prove the point. Helander aka the most postionally sound defender we have had since Weir?!? It's like critisizing a players ball control then being like: I'm sorry, put him next to Ronaldinho and you'll see how poor he is!
If Balogun had positioning to go with his pace and if Helander had pace to go with his positioning, neither would be playing for Rangers. They are BOTH excellent foils for Goldson

I think we will have the bulk of our targets lined up but at the same time we need players out the door the squad is ridiculously bloated.

A bit demoralising seeing the same unwanted players back in the summer namely Edmundson, Barker, Jones, Hastie etc.
Indeed theyve had their chances and not taken them. Doesnt seem they understood moving to Rangers means a step up in performance and consistency if you want to feature.

Exception might be Edmundson but his problem is the CB positions are already stacked and hes at an age where really he must be playing week in week out, which he wont at Rangers.

Its defo the Summer for many sales as well as a few choice upgrade purchases.

I'm quite surprised at the numbers on here who seem willing to lose Kamara. For me, he's a man we should be doing everything in our power to hang onto and to build around. Longer term he's more important to us than any of the others in midfield IMHO.

Its a different matter if he wants to go, regardless of any offer we put on the table, but I'd hope we could reach agreement with him. There's a whole raft of players I'd be looking to move on ahead of Kamara if its a case of us 'having' to sell.

100% agree. I’d like to see us build our midfield around Kamara. His composure, distribution, ball retention and movement is excellent already and he is young enough to keep improving. I get the impression some think it’s OK to move him on as we got him for a snip at £50k so the profit would be huge. I don’t see it like that personally, he‘s our best midfielder alongside an ageing Steven Davis and we should be doing everything we can to hold on to him. Of course, if he’s actively seeking a move, that’s a different matter and we should seek top value for him. But I hope not as I think he’s exactly the type of midfielder that will thrive for us in the Champions League.

If any have to go, I'm quite happy for Kamara to go,out of all our big players, he's the one that would be easier to replace,compared to an Alfie or a Kent.

I don’t think so. We are already needing to strengthen in midfield so losing Kamara at this stage would make that an even bigger challenge. Midfield is, in my opinion, the area we need to improve the most.

Hastie will be too old for the agreed age limits for the Lowland League going by Stephen McGowan's tweet. His spell at Motherwell went badly so we are going have a hard job shifting him on. Barker, Jones and Edmundson will all be gone this summer whether it be loan or permanently as effectively Scott Wright has been signed to replace them.

Is 'not even their best' supposed to be insulting when he was playing in the tournament winning team?

No it's not supposed to be insulting...
Why do you interpret it that way?

I was replying to a poster who thought he was 'out of reach for us as a signing' given he was a German International.
I merely pointed out that he was an u21 international ( very different to a full German International) and that in that game he wasn't the best player on the pitch (further endorsing why he's maybe not out of our reach)

At no point did I suggest he wouldn't be a good signing for us.
I highlighted points that very much supported why he could be perfectly feasible and absolutely within our reach.

English transfer window opens tomorrow (not sure if same applies in Scotland). Are we expecting a signing announcement?
I'll take Elliot Embleton in the sweep ;)

English transfer window opens tomorrow (not sure if same applies in Scotland). Are we expecting a signing announcement?
I'll take Elliot Embleton in the sweep ;)
I recognised his name whilst watching the play off final due to him being linked a few weeks ago and he did not impress me at all. He looked very cumbersome and IMO he would be no improvement to our midfield

Why you even listening to him?! He reckons only 2 of our current centre backs are up to scratch! Our record breaking defensive year where we got more clean sheets and conceded fewer than ever before whilst, considering our wingback style of play, playing basically a back 2!?!

I am just fed up with the idea that our new economic model consists of selling.....absolutely no-one as they're all fan favourites. So, zero income...

I am just fed up with the idea that our new economic model consists of selling.....absolutely no-one as they're all fan favourites. So, zero income...
No point getting fed up mate, when someone comes in with the correct money for any of our players they will be sold and the money reinvested in the the squad where possible. Our future success will obviously be dependent on that recruitment when regenerating the squad.

I trust Rangers to do some good business regardless of any sales this summer!

I recognised his name whilst watching the play off final due to him being linked a few weeks ago and he did not impress me at all. He looked very cumbersome and IMO he would be no improvement to our midfield
Scored a screamer in the semi final, admittedly I didn’t watch the final!.

The Euros can't come quick enough. Will give us something to focus on rather than refreshing this thread every 5 mins.
I’ll still be doing it, no point kidding myself. I love it when there’s a wee Twitter murmuring on the go!

Anyone know what date we are back in for pre season? I’m assuming it’ll be around the 30th, hopefully have a new midfielder in with the group.

Taken from BBC Scottish Gossip which in turn took it from the Record so who knows, but: "Glen Kamara dismisses speculation linking him with a move away from Rangers and insists retaining the Scottish title is his priority for next season."

100% agree. I’d like to see us build our midfield around Kamara. His composure, distribution, ball retention and movement is excellent already and he is young enough to keep improving. I get the impression some think it’s OK to move him on as we got him for a snip at £50k so the profit would be huge. I don’t see it like that personally, he‘s our best midfielder alongside an ageing Steven Davis and we should be doing everything we can to hold on to him. Of course, if he’s actively seeking a move, that’s a different matter and we should seek top value for him. But I hope not as I think he’s exactly the type of midfielder that will thrive for us in the Champions League.
I agree with that, but I think given the rumours around him, it seems likely he does have his eye on a move to a bigger league. I think if that's the case, you have to wish him well, take the cash and move on.
We can't keep everyone, so folk like Kamara and Morelos who actively want to go are the ones we should look at cashing in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back