General Meeting: Club 1872

What's the story with Club 1872 and Castore that folk are referring to?

As if they’re going to step aside from their vanity project on their own accord

Its al a bit like the SPFL and SNP imo

People get a taste of power and then do anything to cling to it.

Was wondering what Chris Grahams beef was with club and IF hes took the huff because someone better qaulified got the job than him then that says quite a bit about his character.

Not in this instance. Members have paid thousands of pounds to this organisation and have been ignored by the three person board.
Calling a minister of the Church of Scotland a hypocrite is not the best way to gain membership confidence.
Calling anyone a hypocrite when you have Chris Graham pulling the strings, yet barred Mark Dingwall from standing for election for historical tweets really isn't a good look.

I would lend you my details Robert however I don’t think it would be appropriate given that my membership comes from my Lifetime RST status and have literally not put one penny into Club 1872. I hope you get the numbers you need, however. If I had been putting money in I’d be furious with the latest goings on.

My tuppence on all this is that people should be given their money and shares back now that the club will sell shares directly to fans. There is no point in Club 1872 now.

So many egos, so many divides, so many want to be the hero. This thread just goes to show why fan ownership will never work. ALL people look after self interest first, its human nature.

So we now have issues with the inclusive board (i agree this is a sham), issues with Chris Graham (what has he actually done?), Dave King getting called out (yes the same DK that saved us from the spivs)...

And on the other side. You know the "transparent" side. Aye they're about as transparent as dug sh.ite with big plans that can only be told on a need to know basis. Doing wonders for trust there guys.

Call a meeting. Get members involved. Lay plans out. Give the current board a right of reply. Get big Shadowy Chris in to tell us all why he's supposedly lurking like a hooded Geppetto. Give every man a vote.

... then the people who didnt win the vote will bitch for another vote. And round and round we go again.

Regardless of how many people stop paying, C1872 owns a significant block of Rangers shares
Your right, but that will be diluted constantly as it has been.

Whats the the point going forward, so they can give money to good causes.!!
The answer is not trying to buy Dave Kings shares, that wont happen.
The membership is falling so will income in turn.
Being a large shareholder means when required , you need to fund expansion etc.
Club1872 can never do this, a club will always need directors with deep pockets.

Regardless of fans grous, their name, their aim or their members, our fans LOVE internal bickering.

Were like that lot across the city with grief and faux-oppression - Utterly addicted to it.

I used to regalarly pay to C1872. It was a long time ago and I realised it was a complete waste. This thread and the one about Dave King, both with a shitload of responses, could have taken place any time in the last decade - We really cant live without in fighting.

From what I understand Club 1872 sent an email to Castore being extremely crude and over critical which wasn't voted on by members of the organisation or indeed discussed with any other members of the Rangers board before sending which has pissed off the other board members

Reactions: M@x
I would lend you my details Robert however I don’t think it would be appropriate given that my membership comes from my Lifetime RST status and have literally not put one penny into Club 1872. I hope you get the numbers you need, however. If I had been putting money in I’d be furious with the latest goings on.

My tuppence on all this is that people should be given their money and shares back now that the club will sell shares directly to fans. There is no point in Club 1872 now.
I am in the same situation, and of of the same feelings

the more you read of chris graham, the more he sounds like a spiv
the more you read of chris graham, the more he sounds like a spiv
From what I understand Club 1872 sent an email to Castore being extremely crude and over critical which wasn't voted on by members of the organisation or indeed discussed with any other members of the Rangers board before sending which has pissed off the other board members
From my understanding it was in an effort to get something on David Graham.

Fans turning on fans and the same old faces wanting a shot at being in the limelight

Nothing changes.

It's like the old quip about politicians. If you want to be one, you're the very sort of person who shouldn't be allowed to run in the first place.

It's a pity that we can't have a few people we can all trust appear and run these things without all the nonsense and sideshows. The people you'd like to do that have all realised that it's not worth the hassle they'd get.

From my understanding it was in an effort to get something on David Graham.
what do you mean by getting something on him?

I'm not joining the dots here. C1872 email castore about something, its got something to do with David Graham, the club dont like the email.

It all seems rather strange.

Your right, but that will be diluted constantly as it has been.

Whats the the point going forward, so they can give money to good causes.!!
The answer is not trying to buy Dave Kings shares, that wont happen.
The membership is falling so will income in turn.
Being a large shareholder means when required , you need to fund expansion etc.
Club1872 can never do this, a club will always need directors with deep pockets.
I disagree. If no further investment in shares is forthcoming (direct to rangers or from another shareholder), in the short term, then it will be diluted.

BUT thats not the medium/long term goal.

That is self sustainability. That completely removes the need for people with deep pockets. We only need that as investment in the squad/club needed to be front loaded.

Thats why all these new revenue streams are so important.

I disagree. If no further investment in shares is forthcoming (direct to rangers or from another shareholder), in the short term, then it will be diluted.

BUT thats not the medium/long term goal.

That is self sustainability. That completely removes the need for people with deep pockets. We only need that as investment in the squad/club needed to be front loaded.

Thats why all these new revenue streams are so important.

Eventually the revenue streams will decrease as people are buying absolutely everything until they see how the membership scheme works

Not entirely related but I don’t think we can rely on anything other than retail/STs/Hospitality

What numbers are required to get a GM?
Will pm my details later.
250 or 5% of contributing members. My guess is that the current membership is not far from the 5k mark that would make 250 the requirement.

The Directors must call a meeting of the Contributors if required to do so by (a) 5% of the Contributors or (b) 250 of the Contributors (whichever is the lower).

It's wearying to see in fighting, let's stick to the facts.

Chris Graham was paid by the club to support club 1872, he has a close relationship to Dave King.

This was ended by the board last year and worryingly perhaps shows a split between the board and club 1872 which may be evident by the public sale of shares and some signs of discord.

I like and respect Chris however he is very much involved and working with the Laura, Euan and Joanne and this relationship isn't ideal when the board should be independent and not suffer from cliques.

Robert has called for a general meeting to try to change the organisations dynamics which are clearly flawed, not just my opinion but also Stuart Mcquarries as well.
If the meeting is called the members can decide for change or otherwise and that's the way it should be.

Robert gave his own money to club 1872 when I was there to buy a stall which I wanted to use for public engagement on match days. He did this off his own back, no agenda. I never got to use it because the sitting directors aren't very comfortable with public engagement and then things became toxic for me and i left.

I have only ever found Robert to be committed to the rangers family but perhaps people struggle with him because he is a big personality, regardless it's easy to see his intentions here are honourable so let's look past personalities.

If you agree things need looked at then back his call if you don't your choice. The question I would ask is over the last three years how much has club 1872 grown and evolved, and from the I formation available does it look to have a good working relationship with the club?

Eventually the revenue streams will decrease as people are buying absolutely everything until they see how the membership scheme works

Not entirely related but I don’t think we can rely on anything other than retail/STs/Hospitality
It’s the new works. Digital will rise. Mygers, rangers tv etc will have a huge part to play moving forwards.

the new advertising streams won’t dry up.

we will have new income from Edmiston house and possibly a new bar at the club shop

the fan zone will get the go ahead at some point.

we will come up with new ways to get people to the ground earlier.

there are loads of areas beyond season tickets that will help the club thrive.

It’s the new works. Digital will rise. Mygers, rangers tv etc will have a huge part to play moving forwards.

the new advertising streams won’t dry up.

we will have new income from Edmiston house and possibly a new bar at the club shop

the fan zone will get the go ahead at some point.

we will come up with new ways to get people to the ground earlier.

there are loads of areas beyond season tickets that will help the club thrive.

Fair point, hadn’t considered digital or edminston house

I think 55/150 year was always going to be huge in terms of revenue/marketing etc so will be hard to replicate income from this season going forward

Worst case, STs go up by 5% every few seasons that’ll help plug a gap in conjunction with player sales

Sorry if I have missed this in the thread but has Robert and his team of business men stated what their intention would be with regards to buying Kings shares if this change took place?

Last edited:
what do you mean by getting something on him?

I'm not joining the dots here. C1872 email castore about something, its got something to do with David Graham, the club dont like the email.

It all seems rather strange.

Glad I'm not the only one confused by this.

Too many people alluding to and hinting at goings on without speaking plainly.

Why does this Castore thing have anything to do with David Graham and what's the beef here?

Can someone enlighten us plebs please?

Glad I'm not the only one confused by this.

Too many people alluding to and hinting at goings on without speaking plainly.

Why does this Castore thing have anything to do with David Graham and what's the beef here?

Can someone enlighten us plebs please?
Let's keep it simple - they contacted Castore directly asking for info rather than going through the channels - the effect of which is outlined in the Reverend MacQuarrie's letter.

Partly correct but I believe the big issue was that C1872 were privy to information that was private. They then used the info completely disrespecting the club

Partly correct but I believe the big issue was that C1872 were privy to information that was private. They then used the info completely disrespecting the club

Why would a shareholder think it’s their right to contact a 3rd party supplier on behalf of the organisation theyre a shareholder of

Blurred lines it would seem

Received this a few minutes ago. Did post separately but seems to have disappeared?

Share Purchase Announcement
Dear Member,
Club 1872 is pleased to announce that we have purchased a further 350,000 shares in RIFC Plc. This means that our members have provided half a million pounds of funding to Rangers over the past few months and over two million pounds of funding directly to the club in the recent past - a remarkable contribution in extremely testing times.
We would like to thank all our members for their ongoing commitment to ensuring that supporters retain a meaningful say in the major decisions affecting the club through a substantial block shareholding. We would also like to thank them for providing these vital funds to Rangers this year.
Club 1872

If it looks like a petty squabble then that's likely because it is a petty squabble. It's not my fault if the ringleaders can't explain the purpose without tying themselves in knots or making incorrect assumptions about my identity.
It's not your fault you've provided incorrect details to the site administrators?
Then who's is it?

C1872 without consultation of its full board, members, or RIFC, made direct contact with Castore asking to discuss specific contract terms and conditions.

Stewart Robertson demanded an explanation.

Reactions: M@x
Following Legal Advice, I am now asking Members of Club 1872 to add their names to call for a GM Meeting of Club 1872 with the sole purpose of having a vote of no confidence in the current board
Can you PM me your name and Club 1872 number and whether you are a life member or contributing member
If you have recently stopped contributing to Club 1872 can you PM your name and number and the reason you have left
Yes Robert I will gladly put my NS,r to a General meeting to have a vote of know confidence in the present board members put I am a life member and I definitely don’t have any confidence in the present board I will look out my number Robert I also know of other me,bets that have left club 1872 because of the way it’s being run ,

Last edited by a moderator:
I note articles of C1972 keeps going on about contributors is that those with regular payments life members legacy members ? How do we fine contributors past future current Those at the worst of times used RST RF and then C 1872 for the benefit of rangers not any faction but the club. I was friendly with Waddell and Wallace both loved rangers but have different views on moving forward Discussion and articulating ideas is not a bad thing avoidance of this leads to problems for rangers C 1872 and us. We need to communicate and public discourse between the C1872 " establishment" and the "rebels is vital if it is going to be the vehicle that protects the club. This is as I see it the main purpose of C 1872

No idea as yet but people have approached me
I will not be a Director, temporary or otherwise
Robert j have now got my life time membership number. I hope we can get a meeting called but it will be very hard as they have got it all their own way just now as it’s got to be The boards way without seeking approval from the members. Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back