Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Glen Kamara would be one of the most difficult players in this team to replace.
I agree - he's is simply a Rolls Royce of a player - I know that's said a lot but he has absolutely everything to be a top top midfielder - the only criticism if I was nit picking would be he could do with adding more goals to his game.

what would it cost to buy a 25 year old - regular international with a good European country with 30 plus caps and over 100 career appearances - it would not be cheap.

we need a couple of high level midfielders to compliment GK imho - as Jack injuries curtail him - Davis simply cant be expected to play 50 + games again this season (be delighted if he does at the same levels of this season) leaves us with Joe Aribo - Ofoborh (not seen enough of him) and Arfield (again age and injuries worry me slightly) and possibly Kelly.

I'd think he would be a cracking addition would prefer we had him along with Goldson/Helander integrate him as a rotate option get plenty of game time with the goal of him becoming a main pick later down the line.

Massive upgrade on Balogun, Katic, Simpson.
Massive upgrade on Balogun :rolleyes:

Has Balogun just became a poor player over the summer going by this thread? He played a massive part in the title win, and a ridiculous amount of clean sheets, give him credit where it's due.
Katic was getting it too.
I thought Goldson improved significantly last season in particular.
No reason to think Balogun and Katic can't do the same. Katic may need a loan to get back to his best.

Katic was getting it too.
I thought Goldson improved significantly last season in particular.
No reason to think Balogun and Katic can't do the same. Katic may need a loan to get back to his best.
I'd like Katic to stay to be honest, we need options and I can see Goldson and Katic doing very well next season.

Would be a strange one, apparently we were interested in Embleton from Sunderland who was on loan at Blackpool.
Yeah, remember that one too

never seen either of them play to be fair, might be decent players - bit of comedown from Ozcan and Veerman to Embleton and Robson though haha

Yeah, remember that one too

never seen either of them play to be fair, might be decent players - bit of comedown from Ozcan and Veerman to Embleton and Robson though haha
Seen Embleton score a screamer against Oxford.

I reckon there’s nothing in these ones to be fair !.

How reliable is football insider ? Do they get anything right ? Or an account that just throws mud ?

I agree - he's is simply a Rolls Royce of a player - I know that's said a lot but he has absolutely everything to be a top top midfielder - the only criticism if I was nit picking would be he could do with adding more goals to his game.

what would it cost to buy a 25 year old - regular international with a good European country with 30 plus caps and over 100 career appearances - it would not be cheap.

we need a couple of high level midfielders to compliment GK imho - as Jack injuries curtail him - Davis simply cant be expected to play 50 + games again this season (be delighted if he does at the same levels of this season) leaves us with Joe Aribo - Ofoborh (not seen enough of him) and Arfield (again age and injuries worry me slightly) and possibly Kelly.
I don't think central midfielders should be judged at all on their goals any more. The midfield three at Liverpool of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho must've got about 10 between them when they cleaned up recently as a team. Kamara, Jack and Davis keep the ball and get it to the forward three who've taken on the goal return aspect of the team. I'm sure the number of goals being scored by wide players will have gone up as it went down from central midfielders.

Carlos?

Ethan Robson only joined Blackpool last summer under Neil Critchley so that is interesting does he see the Championship as too big a step for Robson at this time?

he is a decent player in 2019 he done well at Dundee with Scott Wright as his teammate although it ended with them being relegated . Both played in the 4-0 loss to us at Ibrox . Would be a signing similar to ofoborh as a squad/developer if it were true .

For me, Glen Kamara would be one of the most difficult players in this team to replace.
He is go9ng to have extend his contract this summer if he fancies playing CL / EL with us but agree with your point he is a key player and has come on great since signing in Jan 2019 . More to come too we think so let’s get him signed up bud .

There will be the top of the range players beyond our budget, but for many other players this club will hold an incredible attraction; good players, and players who could make a significant contribution to the squad. The club is in a very good place right now; who knows how good this window is going to be.

There will be the top of the range players beyond our budget, but for many other players this club will hold an incredible attraction; good players, and players who could make a significant contribution to the squad. The club is in a very good place right now; who knows how good this window is going to be.
a good window would materialise into a couple of great seasons imo

Not good enough
Look at whos in the midfield currently, think about the upgrade in performance required to contest the CL matches.

Ali McCann? Hes a good player but really this would be a step back at a time when we need to step up.

McCrorie, Docherty couldnt get any real game time and had to leave. Kelly going the same way and they dont seem any worse than McCann.

Wouldn’t be against signing the likes of McCann and loaning him back to St Johnstone but that’s only really viable if we get Champions League money.

Look at whos in the midfield currently, think about the upgrade in performance required to contest the CL matches.

Ali McCann? Hes a good player but really this would be a step back at a time when we need to step up.

McCrorie, Docherty couldnt get any real game time and had to leave. Kelly going the same way and they dont seem any worse than McCann.
That's a cynical and simplistic way of looking at any signing.

Football Insider today saying they were informed we have scouted Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka. Captain of the Croatia u21, defensive central midfielder. Looks like a good ball winner, good technique and passing. It did state he was hampered by injuries last year though

Football Insider today saying they were informed we have scouted Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka. Captain of the Croatia u21, defensive central midfielder. Looks like a good ball winner, good technique and passing. It did state he was hampered by injuries last year though

Has been scouted by Spurs and Chelsea previously.

Looks like he'd add a bit of physicality and height at 6ft 2.

Decent technician while also having a good physical profile which is handy in the Scottish game wonder what sort of fee would be involved

Has been scouted by Spurs and Chelsea previously.

Looks like he'd add a bit of physicality and height at 6ft 2.

Potential to be that Ryan Jack type in the midfield we lack when the man is injured himself. (youtube so pinch of salt but) Seems to have decent intensity and physicality and revel in the destroyer role to help regain possession for us, whilst having solid technical ball retention skills and ability to spray passes. I'm not saying the 2 latter will be anything at the level of Kamara and David respectively, but has the potential to be an upgrade on Ryan especially with some development.

Seems the sort of player I'm sure our scouts would be keeping tabs on, both club/geographically and in terms of finding players who fir within and add to our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back