Email sent to Celtic hospitality clients

I can't believe the hordes aren't asking where all the money has gone.

Mibees Shoo should be getting asked when he is on SSB. He can usually explain the OF finances.

Celtic = Great business model and cash rich.

Rangers = Skint and cheated to get there.

This. You never hear them ask this question on social media, or in phone-ins.

Cast your minds back to 2012 to the 'Sink us and we'll sink you banner'.... They thought we were deluded at the time and said our Grandchildren would be Celtic fans.....
Anyone want to start donating Rangers kids strips just now? :cool:

We did do not far off the same thing with money going back into the club for money back from STs.

I don't mind laughing at them however I'd rather laugh at them for things we ain't done ourselves (well in the past 3 seasons) as before that everything to do with the club/money was an utter mess :D

We done the same for hospitality?

We haven't been shouting from the roof tops about being "cash rich". We are still recovering from the trauma of 2012. Apples and oranges.

Thats their problem and shambles.

However in terms of folk saying about the action they are taking, no different to when we do it. Just that its easier to take when it's not us.

Rangers just recently set up the MYGERS scheme last season and we never benefitted at all as a support, along with asking back ST money and corporate side of things in line with that. Could easily argue thats a club with financial issues (or moral).

Not taking away from what they have been saying for years and how they have been lording us over. Just that there is always a plea from either club to get money in.

They do have a complete rebuilding job no doubt about it.

Thats their problem and shambles.

However in terms of folk saying about the action they are taking, no different to when we do it. Just that its easier to take when it's not us.

Rangers just recently set up the MYGERS scheme last season and we never benefitted at all as a support, along with asking back ST money and corporate side of things in line with that. Could easily argue thats a club with financial issues (or moral).

Not taking away from what they have been saying for years and how they have been lording us over. Just that there is always a plea from either club to get money in.

They do have a complete rebuilding job no doubt about it.
That's why people are laughing at them. What goes around, comes around.

Set for £30M loss, looks to have brought in about £25M between Jan and summer sales(if Ajer goes).

All best players sold from an already shite squad and still making a multi million pound loss with a massive rebuild to be funded. :cool:

They are in big trouble

are their accounts not due end of June?
They must owe about 15-20m in transfer fees

they are likely looking at a 25-30m loss for last season

with a trickle of renewals their cash position must be terrible with a while seadon in front of them

they might not be able to sign off the accounts as a going concern

admin awaits and I would laugh my cock off if it happens
I will hold a candle lit vigil for this scenario

They are literally begging for donations. :)

Good Afternoon,

Firstly, the Club would like to thank you for your continued and unrelenting support through this very difficult period. We are well aware that the season just passed has not turned out the way we had all hoped however we look forward with optimism to the opportunities which lie ahead. We will be doing all we can once again to bring you the success which your support deserves.

Your support of the Club is hugely appreciated and has been vital in helping us to navigate through these past 12 months. We are also mindful of the challenges and sacrifices you may also have faced during this period. At the time you committed to your seasonal packages for Season 20/21, no-one envisaged that we would be in a position now where supporters have not been able to attend a single match all season. We have all been bitterly disappointed and frustrated by these circumstances.

As you will already be aware, as a thank you to our Season Ticket holders and in recognition of your phenomenal commitment during such a difficult year, the Club is pleased to let you know that you will also receive a £50 retail gift voucher by post. We are also delighted to announce that the price of hospitality season books are frozen for Season 21/22.

The renewal paperwork should be with you shortly. We hope you are able to join us next season and to renew via telephone please call me on 0141 551 4311 or alternately you can scan and email your paperwork to me or post the hard copy to: Hospitality Department, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE. Please note that the renewal deadline is 30 June 2021.

In terms of the ‘hospitality credit’ that we have previously emailed you about, I can confirm that we have applied the same ratio as explained when informing you of the credit due until 31 December 2020, factored in the home Scottish Cup match which could not be provided and, having undertaken a further review, are also offering you an additional credit sum. Your options around this additional credit are to have it added to your overall season hospitality credit, or alternatively you can choose to forego this additional sum in the Club in order that it can be utilised by the Manager to assist him in the rebuild of the first team squad and his quest to bring silverware back to Celtic Park.

We will endeavour to make contact with everyone to discuss the options regarding their credit amounts however due to volume this will take a number of weeks. Therefore should you be in a position to respond to this correspondence directly, we can outline your credit amounts by return email. If you would rather discuss via a call then please let us know when it is suitable for you.

We are encouraged by the recent announcement of crowds at sporting events across Scotland this summer including at Hampden, Murrayfield and on Glasgow Green. Celtic has been at the forefront of the effort to get our supporters back with us and now as we return to normality, we are preparing to welcome you home to Celtic Park as soon as permitted.

We are all looking forward to the new season with optimism and hope to see you back at Celtic Park again, cheering on the team, in the very near future.

Thank you sincerely for your continued support.
P.S.
If you could all have a spray of deodorant too, that would be nice.

Set for £30M loss, looks to have brought in about £25M between Jan and summer sales(if Ajer goes).

All best players sold from an already shite squad and still making a multi million pound loss with a massive rebuild to be funded. :cool:
What did their last published accounts show? As will that not give some indication on what loss they will be for the year and to what extent the cash will be wiped out.

What did their last published accounts show? As will that not give some indication on what loss they will be for the year and to what extent the cash will be wiped out.
They broke even after bringing in £25M selling Teirney.

Throw in Covid and millions less in Euro prize money by finishing bottom of their group as well as losing £1M by finishing 2nd in the SPFL and they are facing a £30M loss before player trading.

Now they are reduced to selling their best players to keep the lights on leaving them potless for their rebuild.

They are going ballistic on the Huddleboard, almost to a man they are saying they are claiming the money back, they are also saying, and I’m not sure how true, that around £2-3m is due in refunds.

They broke even after bringing in £25M selling Teirney.

Throw in Covid and millions less in Euro prize money by finishing bottom of their group as well as losing £1M by finishing 2nd in the SPFL and they are facing a £30M loss before player trading.

Now they are reduced to selling their best players to keep the lights on leaving them potless for their rebuild.
Do they not normally release half year accounts?

What was their cash reserves then - I assume it’s wiped out and then some, meaning most the player sales this year would have to service the debt (or add more debt). It’s a big bloody ask for them when you’re looking at the need for 5-8players to come and all be to a standard.

Do they not normally release half year accounts?

What was their cash reserves then - I assume it’s wiped out and then some, meaning most the player sales this year would have to service the debt (or add more debt). It’s a big bloody ask for them when you’re looking at the need for 5-8players to come and all be to a standard.
Their 2020 6 month accounts showed a £6M loss, 2019 6 month accounts showed £24M profit.

They are going ballistic on the Huddleboard, almost to a man they are saying they are claiming the money back, they are also saying, and I’m not sure how true, that around £2-3m is due in refunds.

I’m sure thousands took a refund for the 19/20 season so they’ll need to account for that + 20/21 season

I’m sure thousands took a refund for the 19/20 season so they’ll need to account for that + 20/21 season
They had to refund £3.5m for season 2019/20. They've offered £50 voucher for last season (can't be spent on Adidas gear). There will be a challenge to determine if they have to repay last seasons ST money which could be extremely costly if they lose (I assume they covered their arse before selling STs last season).
I can't wait to see how many renew, but it'll be many more than 10.5k.

They had to refund £3.5m for season 2019/20. They've offered £50 voucher for last season (can't be spent on Adidas gear). There will be a challenge to determine if they have to repay last seasons ST money which could be extremely costly if they lose (I assume they covered their arse before selling STs last season).

Reckon they’ll get 40-50k ST sales tbh but the longer they take to renew, the harder it’s going to be for them to buy new players etc

They’ll sell a few players for decent £, Edouard/Ajer will get them £20m ish between them. Issue is, they’ll be downgrading and no way they’re replacing them like to like

Reckon they’ll get 40-50k ST sales tbh but the longer they take to renew, the harder it’s going to be for them to buy new players etc

They’ll sell a few players for decent £, Edouard/Ajer will get them £20m ish between them. Issue is, they’ll be downgrading and no way they’re replacing them like to like
I'd be astonished if they break the 40k season ticket mark.

This. You never hear them ask this question on social media, or in phone-ins.
One fantasist mentioned on Clyde that they had 400 million in the bank. TBF Shoo laughed at him but the general concencus was that they had at least 60 million sitting there doing nothing.

They are literally begging for donations. :)

Good Afternoon,

Firstly, the Club would like to thank you for your continued and unrelenting support through this very difficult period. We are well aware that the season just passed has not turned out the way we had all hoped however we look forward with optimism to the opportunities which lie ahead. We will be doing all we can once again to bring you the success which your support deserves.

Your support of the Club is hugely appreciated and has been vital in helping us to navigate through these past 12 months. We are also mindful of the challenges and sacrifices you may also have faced during this period. At the time you committed to your seasonal packages for Season 20/21, no-one envisaged that we would be in a position now where supporters have not been able to attend a single match all season. We have all been bitterly disappointed and frustrated by these circumstances.

As you will already be aware, as a thank you to our Season Ticket holders and in recognition of your phenomenal commitment during such a difficult year, the Club is pleased to let you know that you will also receive a £50 retail gift voucher by post. We are also delighted to announce that the price of hospitality season books are frozen for Season 21/22.

The renewal paperwork should be with you shortly. We hope you are able to join us next season and to renew via telephone please call me on 0141 551 4311 or alternately you can scan and email your paperwork to me or post the hard copy to: Hospitality Department, Celtic Park, Glasgow, G40 3RE. Please note that the renewal deadline is 30 June 2021.

In terms of the ‘hospitality credit’ that we have previously emailed you about, I can confirm that we have applied the same ratio as explained when informing you of the credit due until 31 December 2020, factored in the home Scottish Cup match which could not be provided and, having undertaken a further review, are also offering you an additional credit sum. Your options around this additional credit are to have it added to your overall season hospitality credit, or alternatively you can choose to forego this additional sum in the Club in order that it can be utilised by the Manager to assist him in the rebuild of the first team squad and his quest to bring silverware back to Celtic Park.

We will endeavour to make contact with everyone to discuss the options regarding their credit amounts however due to volume this will take a number of weeks. Therefore should you be in a position to respond to this correspondence directly, we can outline your credit amounts by return email. If you would rather discuss via a call then please let us know when it is suitable for you.

We are encouraged by the recent announcement of crowds at sporting events across Scotland this summer including at Hampden, Murrayfield and on Glasgow Green. Celtic has been at the forefront of the effort to get our supporters back with us and now as we return to normality, we are preparing to welcome you home to Celtic Park as soon as permitted.

We are all looking forward to the new season with optimism and hope to see you back at Celtic Park again, cheering on the team, in the very near future.

Thank you sincerely for your continued support.
The beggars are begging

Trying to fathom why not Adidas gear, ie, strips.
not theirs to sell? Belongs to Adidas, tims get commission?
its on sale and could buy two for fifty?
just seems strange.

I doubt they'll get that much combined for the three of them.
It would only take an average of £7 million for it to be achieved. Not saying they are worth that but an ex - Celtic man who left under a cloud may throw them a lifeline.
Their wage bill is unsustainable without regular CL football and this is where we come in.
Next season is massive for both clubs.

This 50 quid voucher can be used on anything in the shop including new kit according to the email or social media post that was going about a couple of weeks ago. They must know the majority of that mob are embarrassed to be seen in public with their strips on just now so trying to give it away rather than suffer an embarrassingly low number of sales

It would only take an average of £7 million for it to be achieved. Not saying they are worth that but an ex - Celtic man who left under a cloud may throw them a lifeline.
Their wage bill is unsustainable without regular CL football and this is where we come in.
Next season is massive for both clubs.

Edouard will be £12-15m, obv PSG take a cut and Ajer will be about £7/8m

They’ll definitely recoup £ but whether that’ll be spent on new players is debatable. It very much feels like they’ll be downsizing

Brown needs replaced, virtually need a whole new defence + a first choice keeper. They also need to sign a goal scorer and replace that Moi guy they had on loan. £20m doesn’t touch the sides to replace all that

Holy shit that’s bad :

‘alternatively you can choose to forego this additional sum in the Club in order that it can be utilised by the Manager to assist him in the rebuild of the first team squad and his quest to bring silverware back to Celtic Park.’

Ghuilt trip!

Ajer is a hopeless defender. Can do a no look pass though....

Ajer is a hopeless defender. Can do a no look pass though....

In all honesty, I think he walks into most English premier league teams outwith Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

Had a terrible season but he’s a decent player and I’ll be glad if he goes

In all honesty, I think he walks into most English premier league teams outwith Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

Had a terrible season but he’s a decent player and I’ll be glad if he goes
Man I just don’t see it, another over hyped and priced average player.

Back