Euro 2020 Euro 2020 betting

A fancy Portugal for the final. Can't decide on a winner tbh if alot of the teams hit form it could be anyone the now. France with the strongest squad overall.
Lukaku top scorer.
Turkey will do alright also a think.
Scotland %^*& knows what they'll do.

Can you bet on teams for most booking, corners of the tournament?

Running a predictor, got 35 in it. Have to pick top and bottom for every group.

Only 1 hasn’t picked Belgium to win their group, all have done Finland finish bottom in that. Must be some doubt though as Belgium are 8/11 while 4/6. The way most are talking and picking them you’d expect them to be 1/3 or lower.

Disagree and think England are way too short. I'll be laying them off.

I just can't get away from the fact they havent won a really tough/tight game in knockouts that I wouldn't have expected them to win anyway. Combine that with a tough draw post groups & major doubts over the manager and I think they could exit by the quarters
Last 16 they face the runners up of France's group it will be like the World Cup again as soon as they face a decent side they will struggle. After that if they get through then it could be Spain in the Quarters it's a really tough section for them.

Disagree and think England are way too short. I'll be laying them off.

I just can't get away from the fact they havent won a really tough/tight game in knockouts that I wouldn't have expected them to win anyway. Combine that with a tough draw post groups & major doubts over the manager and I think they could exit by the quarters
England’s downfall will be their defence.

For all those who say England have no chance/poorly priced - how are you taking them on in the betting sense? Laying them outright at around 7.0 essentially betting a 1/6 shot), laying them match by match, backing them not to make a certain round etc? The bloke who said he was willing to lay them to make the final at 13/2 must be in deep on a few markets surely?

Last edited:
That dual forecast Belgium/Denmark is 10/11 now at Skybet. Something up with Belgium, don’t seem well fancied in the markets - drifting.

For all those who say England have no chance/poorly priced - how are you taking them on in the betting sense? Laying them outright at around 7.0 essentially betting a 1/6 shot), laying them match by match, backing them not to make a certain round etc? The bloke who said he was willing to lay them to make the final at 13/2 must be in deep on a few markets surely?

To reach a certain round. Probably wait for groups to play out and go in at certain points. I expect England to win the group, I just have no confidence of them against top sides in knockouts.

Manager is weak & tactically they don't play to their strengths imo

To reach a certain round. Probably wait for groups to play out and go in at certain points. I expect England to win the group, I just have no confidence of them against top sides in knockouts.

Manager is weak & tactically they don't play to their strengths imo
Surely you must think second round then?

8/5 for that now, if what you think happens then that is only going to get shorter.

Given England play nearly every game at Wembley I'd fancy them to maybe go one round further than normal this time. They definitely won't be winning it. Defence and midfield nowhere near strong enough, less said about the GK the better.

That dual forecast Belgium/Denmark is 10/11 now at Skybet. Something up with Belgium, don’t seem well fancied in the markets - drifting.
Maybe due to Denmark effectively having 3 home matches? I took Belgium to win the group at 8/11 but wondering due to that with Denmark that's why they're not shorter.

I think England’s progress revolves a lot around France winning their group. Would have England favs against Portugal and Germany at Wembley and expect to go through, France would be favs though. England make final if they win group and France win theirs for me. England out if they meet France in second round though.

Think people haven’t realised that Belgium are playing Russia in Russia and Denmark in Denmark. This is why they are the price they are.

Maybe due to Denmark effectively having 3 home matches? I took Belgium to win the group at 8/11 but wondering due to that with Denmark that's why they're not shorter.
Definitely a part of it mate and that Belgium are playing Denmark in Denmark and Russia in Russia.

I think England’s progress revolves a lot around France winning their group. Would have England favs against Portugal and Germany at Wembley and expect to go through, France would be favs though. England make final if they win group and France win theirs for me. England out if they meet France in second round though.

Think people haven’t realised that Belgium are playing Russia in Russia and Denmark in Denmark. This is why they are the price they are.
Haven't seen anything from this England side that would make them favourites v Germany or Portugal tbh. Home advantage will obviously be a factor but I think they'd struggle big time against either of those two.

Haven't seen anything from this England side that would make them favourites v Germany or Portugal tbh. Home advantage will obviously be a factor but I think they'd struggle big time against either of those two.
I’m talking from a betting perspective, would be 8/11 area v both Germany and Portugal to qualify. People take the term “favourite” too heavily.

One fact (for me) is that if England meet Germany, Portugal or France in the second round at Wembley none of them will be above 8/5 to qualify in my opinion. Why I am wondering why people aren’t betting that if they fancy England to win group and then go out to any of those.

Last edited:
Keep an eye out on the odds for the likely 3rd placed team in Group F (Group of Death).

Should (if qualify) have the easiest route to the semis, especially if 3rd in Group A also qualifies. In this scenario, they would have an 80% chance of playing Group C winners (likely Holland) in last 16 and then the winners of 2nd in A vs 2nd in B in quarters.

If 3rd in Group A does not qualify then 3rd from Group F likely play Belgium last 16.

There’s a grid on Euro 2020 wikipedia which shows where each 3rd placed team would get placed in the draw.

Southgate gets a lot of unecessary stick imo. I think he's done a fantastic job with England.

Don't agree with hikm being tactically inept either he has a number of different formations he can adopt. He has a persona in the media that makes him easy to ridicule but he clearly has a ruthless streak when you look at the decisions he has made over the years by weeding out a lot of the more experienced players to bring the young blood through. Trent Alexander was on the verge of being left out of the squad altogether as well based on his current form, which would have been unthinkable a year ago.

I know it's the old if yer aunty had baws but Kane missing from 6 yards out to put them 2-0 up against Croatia in 2018 prevented them making the World Cup Final last time. He scores that 99/100 or even just squares it to Sterling for the easiest of tap ins. They make the final and Southgate is a god. The margins are so fine at times in tournament football.

Found a bet that may well be the very definition of "printing free money" - Memphis Depay to be top scorer for the Dutch at 6/4.

That looks nailed on surely?

Still like that bet a lot.

Belgium might not win it but they'll get out the group surely. Denmark could go a long way with home advantage and a favourable draw - always tough to beat.

Belgium might not win it but they'll get out the group surely. Denmark could go a long way with home advantage and a favourable draw - always tough to beat.
Yeah, I’d rather bet that then Belgium to win it at same price.

Similarly think its an excellent bet. Russia would need to turn around recent form & Finland would need to go well beyond expectations to trouble Belgium and Denmark

In my opinion a lot of the "England definitely wont win it" people are just Scotland fans who are talking through heart rather than a betting head.

In my opinion a lot of the "England definitely wont win it" people are just Scotland fans who are talking through heart rather than a betting head.
Aye, think a lot think England are even money to win the thing as well!

What have you seen from Germany that would make them favourites against England? They've lost at home to Macedonia and been pumped 6-0 by Spain in recent times. Seem to conceed a lot. Would be a high scoring game anyway I'd have thought.

France/Portugal group reverse forecast is as high as 3/1 think I'll be having that.

Found a bet that may well be the very definition of "printing free money" - Memphis Depay to be top scorer for the Dutch at 6/4.

That looks nailed on surely?
They called up Wout Weghorst who scored 20 goals for Wolfsburg last season. He looks big at 9/1, not sure whether he'd be a guaranteed starter or not though.

What have you seen from Germany that would make them favourites against England? They've lost at home to Macedonia and been pumped 6-0 by Spain in recent times. Seem to conceed a lot. Would be a high scoring game anyway I'd have thought.

France/Portugal group reverse forecast is as high as 3/1 think I'll be having that.
30 years of watching England get pumped as soon as they get out of the group and similarly watching Germany defying the odds. Of course this could be their year but I'd be incredibly surprised. Their squad is probably the weakest it's been in my lifetime.

30 years of watching England get pumped as soon as they get out of the group and similarly watching Germany defying the odds. Of course this could be their year but I'd be incredibly surprised. Their squad is probably the weakest it's been in my lifetime.
Germany were favs for Euro 96 and it was a coin toss to qualify in South Africa?

Germany were favs for Euro 96 and it was a coin toss to qualify in South Africa?
And they backed up their favourite tag. Anyway, I'll guess we'll see soon enough. Like I said, home advantage will be a big factor for England.

Belgium to win their group at 4/5 on SkyBet is printing money. As is Lukaku to be Belgium’s top scorer are 4/6. Can’t double it up which is annoying.

Oh dear. You know what I meant. They don't tend to get papped out by the first decent team they face, do they?
Not really pal, defy the odds implied they were never fancied!

They did on home soil in 2006 and in the lowlands in 2000 and in Poland in 2012 mind. Russia wasn’t amazing for them either.

Not really pal, defy the odds implied they were never fancied!

They did on home soil in 2006 and in the lowlands in 2000 and in Poland in 2012 mind. Russia wasn’t amazing for them either.
Fair enough mate, could have worded it better haha. I'd just 9 times out of 10 back Germany to beat England in tournament football. Both teams however are nowhere near as good as previous ones though.

Belgium to win their group at 4/5 on SkyBet is printing money. As is Lukaku to be Belgium’s top scorer are 4/6. Can’t double it up which is annoying.
I’m really not convinced by this Belgium are a stick on for the group and ive done Belgium England final at 25s, need them both winning group really for starters. It’s 10/11 Powers.

I think England have the individual talent to go close or even win it but it'll come down to how they gel as a team.

I think they'll probably make the semis before going out by the odd goal or, as is traditional, penalties.

Just stuck a nifty on France at 9/2, i know that they have a hard group but they have at least 3 or 4 strikers (mbappe, giroud, griezmann, benzema) who are capable of scoring 5 or 6 goals in the tournament.

I’m really not convinced by this Belgium are a stick on for the group and ive done Belgium England final at 25s, need them both winning group really for starters. It’s 10/11 Powers.
Belgium strike me as being quite good at bullying weaker teams but against the better sides they dont seem so sure of themselves. They have some exceptional players but beyond their very best 3 or 4 the rest of the group isnt particularly special, not in comparison to England, Portugal, Italy etc. I think theyll win the group easily due it being so weak but after that they could well get K/Od
Same, they are very under rated and have some cracking players and are a great unit. Stuck a tenner on at 28/1.
If I hadnt backed England and used Italy/Holland as cover bets, Denmark wouldve been on my list. Superb odds any way you look at it and a really solid side. Maybe just score enough goals to win a tournament?

Back