Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusion on KDS street: :))

"An unnecessary risk of an appointment, but he has plenty of valuable experience under his belt. I don’t see any reason why he won’t at least win the league and domestic cups as long as he gets the right players in"
They are in the bargaining phase of grief now.

This is going to be a great laugh. He’ll win a few games at the start then there will be the draws and the sharks will be released.

Some of the headlines on BBC is mental, I’ve never seen so much turd polishing.

“One of the top 10 managers in the world”

“A guy of this pedigree”

“Attacking style forged at Roarcelona”

“Back to back J-League titles a decade ago”

Pep even told him “You play the kind of football I dream of playing”

Is this a wind up? Being honest how many had even heard of this guy before this month?

A manager so good and revolutionary has taken until his 56th year on earth to manage in Europe.
If we appointment him he would be reported as an unknown dud that just got pumped by a 4th division team

Their denial actually helps us, it is a big part of their problems

Well, tie me kangeroo down sport and slap another shrimp on the barbi, a twelve month rolling contract, I guess they don't expect much

What a fucking brilliant appointment that is for us.

If you thought the scums manipulation of the league fixtures was bad in previous seasons just wait and see the doozy`s coming our way next season.

I’m going to have a wild guess that us v them will be in round 11 of the fixtures.....
They will start with Dundee away, Motherwell home and St Mirren home

10 days in isolation
Day 1. Deny deny deny deny
Day 2. Erase the name Rangers from your mind do not say Ran...
Day 3. There is no old firm do not say old firm
Day 4. Sevco sevco sevco
Day 5. Treble our players transfer values Ajer £25m Edouard £40 m
Day 6. We are always cheated never defeated practise this daily
Day 7. Masonic refs linesmen officials in general they’re all against us
Day 8. Our fans are the best in the world, hard to believe but keep repeating until you believe it
Day 9. David Turnbull is the new Messi £60 m at least
Day 10. Deny, deflect, lie, cheat blame Ran.. oh I nearly said that name there, welcome to cellic go do that voodoo that you do so well

Day 11. M'Bappe says he is putting in a transfer request if the PSG board don't sign Turnbull immediately.

So what are our evil thoughts, do we want instant failure or can we at least drag it out to a flying pre season. Swashbuckling style leading to 7 nil wins, millions spent, fans optimistic, STs bought in droves.
Then the first CL qualifier, kicked out of the aeroplane without a parachute, then the landing is Livi away as they play really well but lose 2 nil to 2 set pieces!

This is going to be fantastic isn't it
Out of CL 2nd round, out of EL 3rd round, out of ECL playoff round. Then an up & down run of results but keeping pace with us as we negotiate the CL group phase before a December collapse and sacked as soon as Clarke becomes available!

Mischievous Ally McCoist in Celtic jibe as Rangers legend gets creative with Ange Postecoglou good luck message​

The 55-year-old Australian was confirmed and the Ibrox legend had a message for the new man across the city.

0_18145067.jpg

Fun-loving Rangers legend Ally McCoist couldn't resist a chance to wind-up sparring partner Alan Brazil after Ange Postecoglou was announced as Celtic boss.
The 55-year-old Australian was confirmed as Neil Lennon 's permanent successor on Thursday after three-and-a-half months of waiting since the Irishman exited in February.
Brazil had previously shared his astonishment at the left-field appointment last week and McCoist couldn't resist another chance to subtly dig at his great mate on live radio.

But Ibrox diehard McCoist stopped short of giving the former Yokohama boss a big welcome to Celtic as he created his own message of support during a cheeky exchange on talkSPORT.

Brazil and McCoist's exchange in full​

Brazil: "Ally, what do you make of that?"

McCoist: "Well..."

Brazil: "Tell the truth"

McCoist: "No, no, no - I've got to be honest with you, I'm just pleased you finally got it sorted out."
Brazil: "You're a liar"
McCoist: "It was, the whole Eddie Howe thing, I was beginning to feel, I had a bit of sympathy for you, to be quite frank with you, I could see the pain etched on your face every Thursday and Friday morning.

"I mean let's not kid ourselves, that man has a job on his hands, I think first thing he'll have to do is agree terms with Leicester for Edouard's exit.
"And there might be one or two others going with Edouard, he's got a big job on his hands and I wish him nothing but...NOTHING!"
Brazil: "We're not talking about him anymore, that's it."

Good news. Howe would have done a reasonable job but struggled with the pressure. Clarke would have played ugly football, been difficult to beat and persuaded McGregor and Christie to stay, possibly bringing in a few other Scottish international players. Ange doesn't know their club or players, and nothing about Scottish and European football. I'm guessing no one else wanted the job because of the low budget to re-build the team.

Over at Kerryfail, one poster is wanting the youth to be given head.

1 minute ago#317
This appointment will be accepted if and when his methods bring results, that is an acceptable part of this gamble but I dont see scope for inevitable certain failure being prophesied by many of these self styled legends in their own lunchbreaks.
Celtic appoint a manager, why would anyone stampede to tell the world that they know he is rubbish and will definitely fail. Sure there is doubt if he can be a raging success, but I would say that given what has come to pass that Mr Howe the splendid candidate has proven he just does not have the cojones or self belief that Ange has shown in taking the Celtic job. Best of luck to the guy, and I wish him every success in being able to win over some of the pile on sheep in his own way. It will be hard work and I hope youth is given its head, something neglected of late, and to do so we may have to sacrifice some of our ambitions until his second season. Meanwhile the board still need a wee bit of pol pot consultancy.

So what are our evil thoughts, do we want instant failure or can we at least drag it out to a flying pre season. Swashbuckling style leading to 7 nil wins, millions spent, fans optimistic, STs bought in droves.
Then the first CL qualifier, kicked out of the aeroplane without a parachute, then the landing is Livi away as they play really well but lose 2 nil to 2 set pieces!

This is going to be fantastic isn't it
Kamikaze defending needs to be included.

Couldn't resist a wee nosey at KDS, found this absolute gem.

"Whether it was Howe, Clarke or this guy I’ll want him to succeed, but ffs this is on the face of it this is a real barrel-scraping appointment.

Instead of pushing the boat out we appear to have found an old dinghy in a skip, put the kids in it, and hoped for the best
"

Lurkers, we are absolutley laughing at you. As are your board. Get it up each and everyone of you.

Dalglish was barely known outside Scotland when he left in 1977. I remember Dalglish scoring for Scotland in an international with a back heel and in the post match review BJK assuring the English reviewers that Dalglish would have intended to score by that means. It was one of the major tournaments. If Ange had a Dalglish poster in his room it would certainly have been in a red strip.

Lol the poets will be raging and I’m fecking loving it. It sounds like they are in deep shit. They’ve just got this puppet In and they’re going to try and waddle through the season limping along. They’re fucked and we’re great. League is ours for a long time I think.

Just based on his Wikipedia page some of his achievements seem fairly impressive, still holds the records for longest winning streak in A league, first manager to win the Asia cup with Australia (though thinking about it, is this something they only started entering recently?) and won the J league with a team that hadn't won it in a long time.

But the fact they've brought him in so late (going to miss the first training session as quarantining) and that he doesn't know the league (or really have the reputation that will attract top players) makes me think he's pretty much doomed to failure. Could be a funny season ahead.
His win record at every job is under 50 percent.

Yes, he has won a few titles in his 25+ years of management but it could not be in a more different environment than Scotland.

When someone like Gerrard is taken aback at the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow, how is this guy going to cope?

I failed Geography B-D
Couldn’t find the exam room??? :D

Be honest, how many of us thought those maniacs would actually go through with this?

Imagine what it’ll be like in October when he gets his jotters? It took them 106 days to decide on this nonentity, how long will it take to identify a replacement when they’ll be in an even bigger mess than they are now?

Meanwhile, we’ll hopefully be looking forward to some exciting CL group matches.

Hilarious how they thought they were about to appoint Rafa Benitez to replace Brenda but get served up TLB.

Fast forward a couple of years, they think they're appointing Howe but get served up this nobody instead lol

They must now finally accept that the Rodgers era was a complete one off and they're now back confined to the basement where they belong.

Dom Mckay bumming this guy up in his interview is fkn hilarious.

He says it will be a bit of a while yet before they get him into the country but are doing everything they can lol, its the 10th of June ffs :D
A while to get into the country
Then they have to worry about getting him onto the bench.

This hasn’t been really well thought out .
Has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back