Convicted Celtic view photographer John Cullen finally identified

Maybe mr keevens should be asked on twitter what kind of man was John Cullen? Was he a friend? And did he know?? Is this why you tried to distance yourself from the whole paedo ring thing and allegedly said to bosses on snyde if this gets spoke about you’ll walk? Is possible maybe he knows quite a bit??
He knows all right. He was best pals with Tommy Burns who was tight with Cairney. We also see he was involved in Celtic quiz nights with Cullen. He was a journalist ffs, their stock in trade is gossip and behind the scenes chat. Does anyone really think he wasn’t aware of the stories circulating about the boys club? The goings on at the boys club were widely rumoured in Glasgow back in the 70’s and 80’s.

He shouldn’t be asked on Twitter. He should be asked under oath.

They seem to be good at erasing uncomfortable truths from the internet. Jimmy Johnstone being a prime example. How exactly do they do this, I wouldn't have a clue where to start to erase an internet history.

You can't erase anything on the internet bud. Internet algorithms are surprisingly easy to manipulate to your favour though. You can't bury everything, it's the internet after all but you can push bad search results way down the pecking order in most commonly used search engines. A good PR company would begin doing that immediately. Helps that Lawwell has a firm grip on the tabloids up here as well, he can strangle and force them to change headlines, get them to drop the term Celtic from the story etc.

Also Celtic fans are everywhere on social media and on comment sections of sports sections of news sites. Usually with heaps of praise and positive posts about the club. That helps massively in pushing positive stories to the top of searches. I wouldn't be suprised if they used bots on certain sites either.

He knows all right. He was best pals with Tommy Burns who was tight with Cairney. We also see he was involved in Celtic quiz nights with Cullen. He was a journalist ffs, their stock in trade is gossip and behind the scenes chat. Does anyone really think he wasn’t aware of the stories circulating about the boys club? The goings on at the boys club were widely rumoured in Glasgow back in the 70’s and 80’s.

He shouldn’t be asked on Twitter. He should be asked under oath.
Just a wee poke on twitter to let him know we knew what he was up to and What company he kept, get a lot more people on his case and talking about it.

Former Falkirk MP Eric Joyce finally been charged for child sex offences. He was arrested in November 2018 for it. He had "one" photo of a child. Maybe got it in a black bag??? If he did could he turn Queen's evidence? Here's hoping. Sad thing is,he is ex-army.

The PF has no say in the sentence imposed in this country, so therefore can't negotiate a sentence as part of a plea of guilty.
Thats correct, but they can strike out significant parts of a complaint and remove aggravations (e.g 'assault' instead of 'serious assault') offence which will guarantee a lighter sentence.

250 pictures of nude or semi-nude young boys, all aged between 10 and 13 years old.

Kids that Cullen claimed he'd invited round to his house in 1982 to pose for him for the photos.

Photos sitting in a bin bag in a Store Room at Celtc FC's stadium for twenty years, seemingly untouched until the cleaners found them.

And the Police (even with the assistance of Scotland Yard's special paedophile unit), were not able to identify even one kid.

Questions -- were the photos ever checked for fingerprints (to see who else may have handled them) ?

How can this guy have invited 250 boys back to his house in one calendar year (that averages at about 2 boys every three days) without it being noticed ?

Are we really to believe that not one of those boys could be identified ? A specific age range, in one year. Was Cullen pursued further as to how he met these boys ??

And of course ... a black bag of nude photos of young boys just happens to surface at the one football club in the world where you'd sadly expect it to.
Taken by the official Club Magazine Photographer.

How on earth did this guy only get probation ?
Scottish courts are notoriously lenient in dealing with child abuse, it’s a sad reflection on Scotland.

He shouldn’t be asked on Twitter. He should be asked under oath.Maybe mr keevens should be asked on twitter what kind of man was John Cullen? Was he a friend? And did he know?? Is this why you tried to distance yourself from the whole paedo ring thing and allegedly said to bosses on snyde if this gets spoke about you’ll walk? Is possible maybe he knows quite a bit??
Hugh Knew

Yet another dirty rhat nonse bastard connected to that club. Only in Scotland these scum characters are allowed freedom. String him up I say. :mad:

250 pictures of nude or semi-nude young boys, all aged between 10 and 13 years old.

Kids that Cullen claimed he'd invited round to his house in 1982 to pose for him for the photos.

Photos sitting in a bin bag in a Store Room at Celtc FC's stadium for twenty years, seemingly untouched until the cleaners found them.

And the Police (even with the assistance of Scotland Yard's special paedophile unit), were not able to identify even one kid.

Questions -- were the photos ever checked for fingerprints (to see who else may have handled them) ?

How can this guy have invited 250 boys back to his house in one calendar year (that averages at about 2 boys every three days) without it being noticed ?

Are we really to believe that not one of those boys could be identified ? A specific age range, in one year. Was Cullen pursued further as to how he met these boys ??

And of course ... a black bag of nude photos of young boys just happens to surface at the one football club in the world where you'd sadly expect it to.
Taken by the official Club Magazine Photographer.

How on earth did this guy only get probation ?
Powerful people in high places protecting themselves would be my guess.

Cullen had help no doubt from professional people to help keep him and those pics out of jail and disappear.

He was close with XY who is up in new charges at court,maybe CFC head of security would be able to aid or help,he would have had contacts with the Celtic view,and his new job from police officer to the CFC payroll.

The police compare images seized against a list of "known" images contained in a database accessible to law enforcement world-wide. If the image has never been seen by police before then there is nothing to match it against. It is a harrowing reality that a number of victims of these crimes go unidentified.
Cullen needed access to these boys. Was it really too hard to figure out how he was going about it? Couldn't they just have interrogated him?
This is just another appalling cover up in Scotland's shameful paedophile crime fest.

Judging by the timeline it looks as if he was brought into replace Hugh Birt, the previous official Celtic photographer who clained he was forced out his job after raising allegations to the hierarchy at celtic park about events at Celtic's boy's club.

It would be interesting to know how cullen got the job.

Was it through a job advert?
Was it via personal recommendation, and if so by whom?
Who interviewed him for the position?
After which, rather than take the Burt allegations seriously, Celtic reemploy Torbett and employ a paedophile photographer?

I knew Cullen when he lived in Pollokshaws in the 90s, he seemed quiet and polite to be honest. His other half wasn't and was a right bitter boot.

Do feel sympathy for her and the kids now though having had that scumbag for a husband/dad

Jesus Christ.

I don't normally comment on these threads but as a father of 3 it's sometimes hard not to.

God bless his victims and may his balls be cut off and flushed doon a toilet.
This is just one of them. More charges are coming on Torbett and the other convicted beast is on trial in July who we can’t name at the moment due to legalities.
We have investigated this for 3 years now and there will be more to come. We have a list that’s also been added to since we’ve been investigating this that includes Catholic clergy along with enablers. Everything we have has been handed to the correct people and we will release more through the Spotlight group when a certain trial starts next month.
We’ve also proved on the big thread through Spotlight that the separate entity is a lie. We will release more at the appropriate time.
The apologists within the Scottish government still refuse to take the club on with these issues. It’s clear to see the club have many apologists within the Scottish government. We will continue the fight for justice until it’s all out in the open.

Cullen was so brazen about the lack of scrutiny at the Chamber of Secrets that he was happy to store his sordid cache of photos at that den of iniquity.
That in itself says so much about the culture and mindset at CFC/CBC. Behaviours which would be deemed heinous acts of gross indecency and depravity in normal society appear to be acceptable in the dark and sinister corridors of Celtic Park.
You would almost think it was used like a library eh?

As I said on a previous thread re the photo's.The Met have a special unit dealing with this type of thing and at that time would have had a means of at least putting the images through some kind of computer system.Things such as this are in the main achievable, given the will to succeed ...........
In Scotland our authorities have no wish to pursue anything with regards to the abuse that took place at that horrible club.I wonder what the reason for that could possibly be :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's the victims we have to feel sorry for, what real justice have they received.

I hope they can summon up the courage to come forward maybe other charges could be filed and he ends up banged up.

This is just one of them. More charges are coming on Torbett and the other convicted beast is on trial in July who we can’t name at the moment due to legalities.
We have investigated this for 3 years now and there will be more to come. We have a list that’s also been added to since we’ve been investigating this that includes Catholic clergy along with enablers. Everything we have has been handed to the correct people and we will release more through the Spotlight group when a certain trial starts next month.
We’ve also proved on the big thread through Spotlight that the separate entity is a lie. We will release more at the appropriate time.
The apologists within the Scottish government still refuse to take the club on with these issues. It’s clear to see the club have many apologists within the Scottish government. We will continue the fight for justice until it’s all out in the open.
Well done in seeking out justice for the victims and surely some sort of punishment for Celtic FC and others for covering up these crimes.

Well done buddy,you and the team are doing a fantastic job,it's a shame no one in Scotland has the balls to print what you find and bring it all out in the open.I'm sure there must be people in higher echelons who are involved in this horrific cover up and hope they get exposed at some point.

By my reckoning, and I am repulsed even reading these threads, is that there are around ten Celtic officials currently in jail or on trial?

Well done buddy,you and the team are doing a fantastic job,it's a shame no one in Scotland has the balls to print what you find and bring it all out in the open.I'm sure there must be people in higher echelons who are involved in this horrific cover up and hope they get exposed at some point.
There is definitely people taking interest and not only on these shores but other countries where abuse took place under the name of that club.
There are definitely journalists in Scotland that are working on this but due to the court case coming up they are restricted in what they can print at the moment.
One thing that does stick out is that one of the journalists we’re working with abroad stated why is this not headline news in Scotland?
Then we showed him our correspondence with certain SNP MSP’s and where their club allegiances lie. It’s there for all to see. We had no choice but to take this outside Scotland. It’s also obvious that the SFA review wasn’t worth the paper it was written on as we predicted.
We strongly believe that there are people in authority in Scotland that have to answer questions under oath.

There is definitely people taking interest and not only on these shores but other countries where abuse took place under the name of that club.
There are definitely journalists in Scotland that are working on this but due to the court case coming up they are restricted in what they can print at the moment.
One thing that does stick out is that one of the journalists we’re working with abroad stated why is this not headline news in Scotland?
Then we showed him our correspondence with certain SNP MSP’s and where their club allegiances lie. It’s there for all to see. We had no choice but to take this outside Scotland. It’s also obvious that the SFA review wasn’t worth the paper it was written on as we predicted.
We strongly believe that there are people in authority in Scotland that have to answer questions under oath.
I sincerely hope they answer a lot better than Nippy did.

By my reckoning, and I am repulsed even reading these threads, is that there are around ten Celtic officials currently in jail or on trial?
1. Torbett (Twice with another soon)
2. McCafferty (Twice)
3. Cullen
4. Known individual that we can’t name. (about to get another)
5. King
6. Strachan (Three times)

There are more enablers and others that we can’t name at the moment also being found, and also the directors who knew and said nothing.. Kelly and McGinn.
Father Michael Spencer who we uncovered last year who was linked to the club along with 4 other priests who appear on the list.
Then there’s the links to Bennell down south. This was a very well organised ring. The heartbreaking issue is that many knew and said nothing. The time scale is 5 decades.

2. McCafferty (Twice)
3. Cullen
5. King

There are more enablers and others that we can’t name at the moment also being found, and also the directors who knew and said nothing.. Kelly and McGinn.
Father Michael Spencer who we uncovered last year who was linked to the club along with 4 other priests who appear on the list.
Then there’s the links to Bennell down south. This was a very well organised ring. The heartbreaking issue is that many knew and said nothing. The time scale is 5 decades.
As I have said elsewhere I remember being a kid at Nether Pollok pitches , being told to stay away from their side of the park .... that was the mid 70's and it was common knowledge then

then to find out in mid to late 90's that Cullen , whom I knew his Mrs and in laws was part of it???

As I say it repulses me

The only time i can recall this actually being somewhat discussed on football shows was recently when they were able to bring in Rangers (and others) so it was a general problem and not focused on the bheasts from the east. It is a true scandal beyond equal in Scotland.

2. McCafferty (Twice)
3. Cullen
5. King

What about Saville? On this forum there have been two photos of Saville, Jock stein and priests. He must have been involved in all this.

250 photos ...not one positive identification......maybe the cops adopted the same attitude as the Scottish Government...any sporting institutions will be exempt from investigation ..(.too time consuming .)Why were the Government and the Cops never challenged , why to this day is it acceptable ...?.why were the 13 names given to the cops by Mcsherry never investigated . ?,there's many instances like this which all seem to just disappear ....no questions asked .. There's something terribly wrong with our country...and let's hope the victims get their justice , and the authorities are punished appropriately..

As I have said elsewhere I remember being a kid at Nether Pollok pitches , being told to stay away from their side of the park .... that was the mid 70's and it was common knowledge then

then to find out in mid to late 90's that Cullen , whom I knew his Mrs and in laws was part of it???

As I say it repulses me
You are spot on here, Shug. The stories about CBC were common knowledge in our area of Glasgow in the 70’s and 80’s.

And this is one of my beefs with the likes of Keevins. If you and I were aware of these stories then it is simply not credible that an old-school sports journalist, friendly with the likes of Burns, close to the club and with his ear to the ground, did not have an inkling of what was going on.

Back