Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Do people want to see Gareth Bale (and Wales by extension) do well since its his last hurrah or are you glad to see the back of him after a few years sulking and somewhat wasting his talent?

Indifferent about Bale and Wales. He is however capable of setting the tournament on fire and scoring some cracking goals.

Ultimately though, I think it's more likely he'll pick up an injury or struggle to play so many games in a short space of time.

Wales will need to manage his minutes.

I actually think Scotland will qualify from the groups now. They'll beat the Czechs in the first game and get at least a draw from the next two games.

Finishing 2nd actually gives you a half decent chance in the Last 16 as well looking at the path to the final.

If Scotland pick their strongest 11, a win against the Czechs is possible.

Clarke will start with O'Donnell, McGregor et al though.

Absolutely buzzing for the tournament, asides from the fact that we could all do with a nice wee distraction after the last 18 or so months of craziness, Scotland actually qualifying for something for the first time since I was 12 makes it more exciting, and having a ticket to the match against The Czech Republic is the icing on cake, well actually, going and getting pissed up in the louden on monday night is probably the icing on the cake, match ticket is maybe the jam in the middle

I think they'll beat the Czechs, lose the next 2 games and be papped out as one of the 2 worst 3rd placed teams.

Don't see the Czechs doing much tbh.

O'Donnell is dreadful and Patterson should definitely start. McGregor is a good player with plenty of experience though so it would be a big shout to fling Gilmour right in there. Billy could end up forcing his way in though if he comes off the bench and makes an impact.

I think Scotland will beat Czech and get a draw against either England or Croatia and get through.

O'Donnell is dreadful and Patterson should definitely start. McGregor is a good player with plenty of experience though so it would be a big shout to fling Gilmour right in there. Billy could end up forcing his way in though if he comes off the bench and makes an impact.

I think Scotland will beat Czech and get a draw against either England or Croatia and get through.

I think he's average and overrated but even those who rate him must realise his form this season has been incredibly poor. Some of his performances especially in games against us and in Europe have been disastrous, the ones against Sparta Prague were only over shadowed by Duffy's display in one of the games.

I wouldn't have him as a stick-on starter the way he seems to be. Even before you get to Gilmour, I'd have McGinn, McTominay and Armstrong playing ahead of him.

I think he's average and overrated but even those who rate him must realise his form this season has been incredibly poor. Some of his performances especially in games against us and in Europe have been disastrous, the ones against Sparta Prague were only over shadowed by Duffy's display in one of the games.

I wouldn't have him as a stick-on starter the way he seems to be. Even before you get to Gilmour, I'd have McGinn, McTominay and Armstrong playing ahead of him.

Yeah, hard to disagree. Armstrong I rate quite highly as well to be honest.

I haven't watched tons of Scotland games recently though so I'm not sure what the shape etc has been. He played Mctominay at the back a lot initially but has now decided he's a midfielder I think? I'd maybe even consider moving McTominay back to allow you to get another good midielder in. Seems daft to have guys like Armstrong and Gilmour on the bench but you have Declan Gallagher on the park.

Just realised Veratti is missing the first couple of games, big opportunity for Locatelli to show what he can do.

The closer it gets to the tournament, the more I think Mancini is going to start Bonucci.

There’s been a lack of stuff on the tele, usually see a Euro rewind on BBC or something and I’ve seen hardly anything.

Yea I love those Rewinds you normally get before a big tournament when you’re reminded of an epic game you’d forgotten, such as Spain v Yugoslavia in 2000!

McGregor only looks half decent for Scotland when he has Jack alongside him to protect

without him, he's your typical scum player who is poor but gets overrated by the media up here

I think they'll beat the Czechs, lose the next 2 games and be papped out as one of the 2 worst 3rd placed teams.

Don't see the Czechs doing much tbh.

NI qualified in 2016 by winning 2-0 and losing the other two matches 1-0. Your scenario could work out fine tbh, especially since Clarke's teams don't conceed too many.

Unrest in the French camp? Another tournament implosion?

A few words between Giroud & Mbappe following their recent friendly. Giroud unhappy about service, Mbappe unhappy about OG’s post-match comments.

A few words between Giroud & Mbappe following their recent friendly. Giroud unhappy about service, Mbappe unhappy about OG’s post-match comments.

Love a good tournament eve falling out.

Traditionally it was the Dutch who always used to descend into civil war on the eve of the tournament

Giroud scored twice. He can't have been THAT unhappy with the service.

Just read the OP and the Scotland game is on at 2 o’clock in the afternoon. What’s that all about, how you meant to see that if you’re at work?

Won’t have to worry about working during a Scotland game until the last 16, and only If we finish third.

Knocked it off with my work. We got told we can start work an hour early and finish 2.5 hours early to get up the road in time for K.O on Monday.

Had a look at that earlier. The Sunday or the Tuesday we would be, with the Tuesday game being in Glasgow.

Is there not a chance it can be the Monday 5pm game ? Thought I saw the third could either be Sunday at 8 or Monday at 5.

Schools should let the kids away at 2:45, they are watching the first half in class and the letting them away at that time would let them see all the second half.

Wee brothers buzzing for it.

Schools should let the kids away at 2:45, they are watching the first half in class and the letting them away at that time would let them see all the second half.

Wee brothers buzzing for it.
Scotland v Brazil '98 kicked off at 3.30 if I remember correctly.

We also had a game away at Parma in 98 that kicked off early and I got caught dogging it to watch it.

Back