Do you think we can get Gilmour on Loan?

Should we try for Billy Gilmour for a seasons loan ?

• Yes or No

• Yes or No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Goal Machine

Reports suggest he is considering going on loan to get more game time.

I know the argument about improving someone else’s player rather than playing one of our own.

However we know the rewards that beckon next season winning the League means automatic qualification and the riches of the Champions League. More than that under Gerrard I think we would be an acceptable club for a loan spell for Chelsea, our League aspirations and our European form over the last three seasons.

I think Gilmour is destined for greatness and it would excite our support to have such a super talent at Ibrox next year. We have used the loan system before with Gerrard and I would be surprised if he was not interested in Gilmour.

Yes or No?

He would fit our midfield and our philosophy perfectly.

But I doubt we would get him, there will be other EPL teams desperate to land him for a year.

kkB0hkg.gif

No. Terrific player, but past evidence seems very much to suggest that it takes players about a season to bed down. Kent being the exception.

For the level of drive and desire that Gerrard demands, i think it's going to be difficult to extract that from a loanee in general.

Nope.

I think we have an outside chance of getting him with CL football. But we need first team midfielders in before the qualifiers, especially with Kamara suspended.

So barring a horrific injury, or a late sale, I don’t think we’re in the market for a 1st team midfielder by that point in the window.

Only way it would even be considered at Chelsea would be if he was guaranteed 6 CL group stage starts, and even then they'd probably rather he went to an EPL side.

Story I heard was West Ham were wanting him on loan if Rice goes.

Leicester also keen.

Chelsea want it to be a top half EPL team.

An EPL player/CL winner who used to be a Rangers youth player. I swear if he wasn't an ex player of us, you 'Da's' wouldn't create these threads constantly. Give it a rest ffs.

I went with my heart and went yes/no..
But my head tells me I should have gone yes/ no..
Will probably regret it later on or maybe no ;)

It'd be some upgrade on Zungu. Learning from Davis would do him the world of good too. Perhaps if we are still due some add-ons/fees from Chelsea we could waive them in lieu of a loan fee.

People do know Chelsea charge top dollar for loans right? Talking 3 million at least. Part of their business strategy of harvesting youths getting decent loan fees. Gilmour is now quite high profile so you're probably talking more than 3. We ain't paying that sort of £ for a season loan imo.

Back