Candeias still wearing his Rangers gear

His crossing wasn’t good enough to play wide in a Gerrard team.
He seem to have every other attribute and really had a strong preseason just before Stevie G let him go.

Really liked him

always felt he really got it at Ibrox

real grafter and had a great linkup with Tav and had real aggression in him which isn’t always the case with a foreign player

A man who gave his best for the Club and is welcome back anytime as a fan. He helped Tav become a better player over the seasons for me.

Have a real soft spot for the fella. Met him in hospitality the season before the Gaffer started. Such a nice guy who seemed to love his time with us. Done a job and will be remembered well for being part of the journey and doing a turn.

I love hard working players and that's why I took to Candieas, boy also had plenty of quality but just wasnt consistent enough. His goal against Marseille was a thing of beauty

Likeable guy and a proper hard worker that provided some good moments. I love the guy tbh, his attitude was spot on.

The jersey was never too heavy for DC, gave it all on the pitch and I think helped Alfie settle.

Contributed more than many wingers we've got now.

He doesn't get many games in the current team, we was right to move.

Will always have fond memories of him. Tried his heart out every time he played and I think he could still have done a job as a squad player. I would far rather have had him in the squad this season instead of Jones, Barker and Stewart for example (PS that is not a dig at they 3 as I know they all contributed in their own way as well. Just my opinion!)

Really liked Candeias but feel he left without a fight. Competition came in and he went and he could have been useful that season too.

He would've been a good player to have around for another season, but when you look at the options we have now, such as Roofe, Aribo and Hagi, it's fair to say we have better players for that position.

Got not 1 bad word to say about Candeias, he gave everything he had and linked up with Tav on the park and Alfie off it. He also loved the Club and the fans.
If he had end product crosses and finshing he could've been anything he wanted to be in the game.
Showed it in flashes but ultimately not enough.

Got not 1 bad word to say about Candeias, he gave everything he had and linked up with Tav on the park and Alfie off it. He also loved the Club and the fans.
If he had end product crosses and finshing he could've been anything he wanted to be in the game.
Showed it in flashes but ultimately not enough.
His stats suggest he had a decent end product though, always feel the need to point that out.

14 goals and 25 assists in 97 games isn’t all that bad.

His final ball and crosses weren't consistent enough for the very top level, but you can't fault his workrate and desire.

I liked Candeias but I don’t think we were wrong to sell him. He was actually a really useful player in games where we had a little bit of space, but when teams really shut up shop and we tried to break them down with intricate passing he wasn’t up to the required standard.

An extremely likeable guy though who’ll always have my best wishes.

I don’t think you are in the minority, he wasn’t good enough for the level we needed him to be at .

Another one of these players that gets better and better the longer he has been away .
That would be some team, the players that have improved in their absence, also forgotten that he wanted to leave

One of those players who inexplicably gets better by the week for a lot of supporters.

You don't win league titles with guys like Daniel Candeias starting regularly.

One of those players who inexplicably gets better by the week for a lot of supporters.

You don't win league titles with guys like Daniel Candeias starting regularly.
I’m not sure anybody is looking for him to “start regularly”.
He would certainly have been a decent fall back option and substitute.

I’m not sure anybody is looking for him to “start regularly”.
He would certainly have been a decent fall back option and substitute.

There are a lot of posters on here who said he would have been perfect on the other side of Kent.

A "fall back option" ahead of who? Someone like Wright has levels to hit and is generally more exciting. We want upcoming talents like that who can contribute in the now and still improve, not a 32-year-old unspectacular journeyman.

Why are you deflecting till now when, clearly, the poster is referencing the season just completed when all three players were here?
At this present time if we were to start the season today would he be good enough to get on our bench? Thats what I meant. Answer is no

Back