Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone bet against Keevins tomorrow night suddenly changing his tone and his tack? From the incredulous and critical back to the kissybumlick apologist. Nothing is surer as he tries to wheedle is nasally whiny way back into favour with the parkhead blazers.
He will have been briefed by now, all the pet journos will have been gathered and given the message to spread.

I've seen on the state broadcaster website that a journo called Scott McIntyre claims the J League is one of the top 10 leagues in the world.
Does anyone know how he can evidence this ?
I've tried to check this through a few online sources and can't find anything to back up this assertion, in fact I can't find any football website that believes it's even the best in Asia.

I discount Mr McIntyre's employer obviously.

So far, I've looked at league tables based on co-efficients, support, viewing public, and can't even find the J league in the top 30.
Even the website that has Scotland just one place above Cyprus doesn't mention it.

Anybody got an idea of where he gets this "fact" ?

I've seen on the state broadcaster website that a journo called Scott McIntyre claims the J League is one of the top 10 leagues in the world.
I've tried to check this through a few online sources and can't find anything to back up this assertion, in fact I can't find any football website that believes it's even the best in Asia.

So far, I've looked at league tables based on co-efficients, support, viewing public, and can't even find the J league in the top 30.
Even the website that has Scotland just one place above Cyprus doesn't mention it.

1327293068941_477514.png

This is the guy that was on Celtic Fans TV. He’s a deluded mess, absolutely clueless.

Said Ange wouldn’t be looking to win European trophies etc.

Liewell's fact machine.

They keep comparing him to Venglos. He lost his first two league games and had 29 points after 15 games. There's no way this guy survives that kind of points total. 1996 was long before social media and fan groups. The groin brigade will have their sharks at the ready if he gets that kind of start.

They're saying they're expecting a rebuilding year, but we've seen this season, they don't have the stomach for it. Expect the banners to be back out in the top tier and crowds in the 20,000 range.
Would that be the same Venglos who was papped out the door after one season, the season concluding with us winning the title at their dump?

That’s just his own nonsense. There is a site that has used various things to rank leagues and i thing Japan is 57th, SPL 13th which is higher than the English championship. I don’t think there’s really any reliable way to measure it and it would just come down to opinion. Personally I think European football will be way stronger than Asian.

we know it, even the dimmest dim on KDS knows it - this has disaster and castrophe written all over it- gonnae feel sorry for this poor guy in 3/4 months time !!!

delighted but amazed their board went ahead with this - its Delia and our Caxhina rolled into one - these Never work out and cost a fortune to correct

they would have been better announcing today -

"Well done Rangers on winning number 56 next year, have fun spending the 30 mil CL money"

That’s just his own nonsense. There is a site that has used various things to rank leagues and i thing Japan is 57th, SPL 13th which is higher than the English championship. I don’t think there’s really any reliable way to measure it and it would just come down to opinion. Personally I think European football will be way stronger than Asian.
Agreed, surely any self respecting journo hearing someone say that should be challenging it ? Not just publishing the claim on their website, but actually checking it for accuracy first.

it's been posted a few times

watch this aussie pundit tear ange a new bumhole

Jesus! That is an utter car crash.

Can you imagine him in front of the TV cameras having to defend himself after a defeat to Ross County?

I’ll be wheelbarrowing the popcorn in for that baby!

It's difficult to discuss this appointment with any great rationale, because we simply don't know a great deal about him. His record statistically doesn't stand out; his experience is hard to assess in terms of saying with any certainty that he could be a success for instance. I honestly thought they were going to appoint Steve Clarke, and there was also a period where it most definitely looked to be Eddie Howe; the appointment of either of those two would have given some sort of basis for an opinion. This appointment is very difficult to say anything clear about; if he proves to be successful it will be surprising. His recruitment, and who he keeps of his current squad will be the first indicators of what kind of manager he actually is.

Genuinely sounds like a fucking idiot.
I see why they hired him. Defensive, deflective, accusatory, belligerent and a fully paid member of the self preservation society. This is going to be good. One thing that could spoil the absolute potential splendour is the Scottish meely mouthed mhedia are not likely to be as spikey. Worth a watch nonetheless.

Would that be the same Venglos who was papped out the door after one season, the season concluding with us winning the title at their dump?

Comparisons with Venglos and Jansen are probably unfair to those two. While both were still left field choices, they had extensive experience in Europe. Venglos was Czech national manager for about 15 years, and had managed Sporting Lisbon. Jansen was a genuinely great player, and managed Feyenoord for 4 or 5 years.

Longer term, they signed Moravcik and Larsson respectively (having worked with them previously). Which were key components in celtic's future success under O'Neil. This guy doesn't have that going for him.

Lawwell told him.

After Eddie ditched them at the alter they really did just head straight to a nightclub to pick up the first fat roaster that was up for it!

Fu**ing brilliant, all thought they were getting a Benitez or Mourinho. They had to talk themselves in to thinking Howe was top drawer and now ended up with some random Ozzie wank that they thought was a wind up when first linked and right up until today!!

This season will be superb, think I'll stock up on fireworks B-D

Ferfuxsaxe there’s leagues 3 in England alone that are better than the J League.

Took one for the team, and looked at Kerrydale St.

Poster "Bubba" wrote: "We're getting Kennedy and Strachan helping out a hamstrung manager with below par signings, freebies and £1-2million punts. Eff knows what the board's thinking is here, it's crazy and it'll set us back years. All the positive thinking and good wishes won't make it anything else."

Job done, I'm off for a shower.

it's been posted a few times

watch this aussie pundit tear ange a new bumhole

as much as we laugh at the fat Aussie...craig foster is and always has been an absolute roaster. A more deluded and arrogant twat you couldnt find tbh

Just a wee recap....... :p
Missing out on key targets who could have been excellent and then signing others, at great expense, who turned out to be hopeless. The slapstick with their goalkeepers, the Shane Duffy signing, millions spent on two poor strikers. The Boli Bolingoli fiasco, the ill-fated trip to Dubai and Lennon's seriously ill-advised media conference in its wake, the horrible losses to Sparta Prague and Rangers (4-1, 4-1, 4-1), the exit from the League Cup to Ross County. The constant talk of players wanting out, the fact that they finished a scarcely believable 25 points behind Rangers in what was supposed to be their 10-in-a-row season.

Just a wee recap....... :p
Missing out on key targets who could have been excellent and then signing others, at great expense, who turned out to be hopeless. The slapstick with their goalkeepers, the Shane Duffy signing, millions spent on two poor strikers. The Boli Bolingoli fiasco, the ill-fated trip to Dubai and Lennon's seriously ill-advised media conference in its wake, the horrible losses to Sparta Prague and Rangers (4-1, 4-1, 4-1), the exit from the League Cup to Ross County. The constant talk of players wanting out, the fact that they finished a scarcely believable 25 points behind Rangers in what was supposed to be their 10-in-a-row season.

To be fair aside from the above they done alright

Jesus! That is an utter car crash.

Can you imagine him in front of the TV cameras having to defend himself after a defeat to Ross County?

I’ll be wheelbarrowing the popcorn in for that baby!
They’ll still have the media and compliance system on their team next season.

The defeat to Ross County will have a missed penalty or sending off offence that changed the game, hopefully prolonging his stay.

The.narrative on snyde was look at Gerrard he had no experience. He did have experience he played in the PL, and was a CL winnner. He played at world cups and euro championships. He had plenty of experience of British and European football at the elite level. Ange has experience of guiding Australia to the world cup by beating Chinese Taipei and Iraq. Of winning the Japanese league a league which has never seen their champions do anything in world club football

on clyde last night it was suggested fans may be unhappy around november if they've lost a few games in the group stages of europe :D Im surprised they're even hoping for the group stages.

Let’s take out the bheasts dreadful recruiting process and the absolute laughs it was. Nothing about this makes sense.
An appointment when there’s not a lot of cash to bring in at least 10/12 players of a manger who’s unfamiliar with European football is bonkers.
I Believe he’s just there to wait for Clarke to come in and whoever the dof will be will be making the big footballing decision. If and it’s a big if, he manages to get them playing then this will work in their favour and one that they are attempting to achieve. Either way Clarke will be in as head coach or working with the Aussie but this to me looks like that this move could set them back a good few seasons.

Word of caution though, we turned it around when they were allegedly years ahead of us, good recruiting and sensible signing goes a long way with the right coaching as we’ve shown.

Just a question, now this second choice no-mark has actually been appointed do we need this thread still open?

Is that the cûnt with the ponytail and dodgy ‘tache? He looks like a gay pirate.
If that’s gonna be the standard of signing, they’re going to have a long painful season…
Thanks to your description I now know who he is, it’s the twat that was on Liewells sons podcast rubbish. That’s all I know about him though, does he play football in Scotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back