Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Late to this thread

France v Italy final, France win
England wont get to the Semis
Benzema top scorer
Scotland to make history and get out of the group

Croatia will be knocked out early, Ukraine, Turkey and the Scandinavian teams will all put on a decent showing, surprising a few.
I agree about Scotland getting out of the group.i really want Scotland to beat the Czech Republic badly because of the way they have backed kudela.if we win on Monday I fancy Scotland to get at least a point out of two remaining games.i would love to see young Patterson going head to head against Borna in the Croatia game

That group with France,Germany,Portugal and Hungary will be a cracker.watching the bbc preview last night and I have to say I would not write off Portugal retaining it.they have some real quality in that squad.

It's like Xmas morning :)

Month of football and bevvy. Nice.

There was a thread on here a while back full of absolute zoomers trying to out staunch each other on who cares the least about the tournament - “can’t be arsed with it at all”. I’m sure they’ll be buzzing for their ITV2 re-runs of Classic Coronation Street tonight while the rest of us sit down to the football.

I agree about Scotland getting out of the group.i really want Scotland to beat the Czech Republic badly because of the way they have backed kudela.if we win on Monday I fancy Scotland to get at least a point out of two remaining games.i would love to see young Patterson going head to head against Borna in the Croatia game

Yea I'm coming round to Scotland doing something. A win against the Czech's almost gives them a free hit at England, a draw against Croatia then would guarantee qualification, but 3 points could be enough too.

Buzzing for this starting. Got loads of holidays in aswell. First time in my adult life seeing Scotland in a tournament so extra excitement.

There was a thread on here a while back full of absolute zoomers trying to out staunch each other on who cares the least about the tournament - “can’t be arsed with it at all”. I’m sure they’ll be buzzing for their ITV2 re-runs of Classic Coronation Street tonight while the rest of us sit down to the football.
I have to say I am not the most passionate scotland fan in the world but this last week I have been really been getting in the mood for the tournament and I am sticking a scotland flag out my window today.just to remind the neighbors we are in it and they are notB-)

Genuinely buckled at this

Magic, cannot beat a big tournament.

Specifically the group stages, so much football for a couple of weeks. It’s an unrivalled period in sport.

Who is likely to play for Belgium out of Castagne and Munier? Conflicting reports online.

Also, why is Foden not likely to start either? A lot of reports seem to think Grealish will get the nod there.

Being Scottish of course I will want to see them do well. Would never lose any sleep over them losing right enough.

Can't wait for this to start. I definitely prefer club football but there's something special about the summer tournaments.

Think tonight is a really good first game, fancy Italy but Turkey are a decent side so hopefully run them close.

Was looking at the squads last night…. Portugal look very strong….

I can't see them getting out of the group tbh. It's ridiculous that some of the groups are weak as anything and you have a group with three of the tournament favourites.

That's the group to watch tho.

I can't see them getting out of the group tbh. It's ridiculous that some of the groups are weak as anything and you have a group with three of the tournament favourites.

If they hammer Hungary they have a good chance of going through as one of the third best teams, Germany are no great shakes either.

Really fucking envious of you, presume they are pretty confident?.

Are they ever anything but? :D

A wee side note, but I'm staying about a 15-minute walk from Modena FC's ground (absolute tip, typical run-down Italian thing). Anyway, was talking to a fella here last night and he told me they've just been bought over by Mr. Stone Island himself, Carlo Rivetti. Said he only paid around 2 million euros for the entire club, which is pocket change considering he just sold off part of Stoney for over a billion.

In Serie C now, but one to watch. Seems a team with loads of scope for potential given the tourism in the region.

Turkey are a cracking side, have been in a rich vein of form, tipping them to do very well, could even go to the latter stages... Fancy them to take something off the Italians tonight.

Portugal have an incredible team. I have fancied them strongly for a while only thing that's put me off is they are the holders...

But they have a far better team now than the team that won it in 2016.

Would love to see Ronaldo have a belter of a swansong.
Watched the U21 Final the other night, although they didn't win the Portugese side were terrific at times, the talent they have coming through is frightening.

Watched the U21 Final the other night, although they didn't win the Portugese side were terrific at times, the talent they have coming through is frightening.
Jammy spawny bastards just like the senior side, Spain battered them in the semi but they cnuts scored from a cross that deflected over the keeper :))

Are they ever anything but? :D

A wee side note, but I'm staying about a 15-minute walk from Modena FC's ground (absolute tip, typical run-down Italian thing). Anyway, was talking to a fella here last night and he told me they've just been bought over by Mr. Stone Island himself, Carlo Rivetti. Said he only paid around 2 million euros for the entire club, which is pocket change considering he just sold off part of Stoney for over a billion.

In Serie C now, but one to watch. Seems a team with loads of scope for potential given the tourism in the region.
Will be keeping an eye on that, Balotelli will probably pitch up there at some point.

Portugal have an incredible team. I have fancied them strongly for a while only thing that's put me off is they are the holders...

But they have a far better team now than the team that won it in 2016.

Would love to see Ronaldo have a belter of a swansong.

Will be nice to see him have help up front for probably the first time at any major tournament ever.
I watched a bit of the game against Israel the other night and thought he and Jota linked up really well. Nice partnership that on paper, just an ideal mesh of styles.

The best player in that game was Cancelo, though. I think everyone knows how good he is by now, but the guy really is an utter machine. Would be stunned if he isn't one of the stand-out players of the tournament.

Will be nice to see him have help up front for probably the first time at any major tournament ever.
I watched a bit of the game against Israel the other night and thought he and Jota linked up really well. Really nice partnership that on paper, just an ideal mesh of styles.

The best player in that game was Cancelo, though. I think everyone knows how good he is by now, but the guy really is an utter machine. Would be stunned if he isn't one of the stand-out players of the tournament.

Cancelo is f*cking brilliant. Love him.

If Portugal beat Hungary in the first game they will be in a good position because it wouldn't surprise you if Germany took something off France. That would leave Portugal in a good position going into the France game knowing a draw for them would be a good result whilst France would be under pressure to pick up a win.

I like the shout for Italy as a dark horse but whoever wins the group of death and whoever comes through the England / GOD Runner up Last 16 tie I would be surprised if the winner doesn't come from those teams.

Cancelo is f*cking brilliant. Love him.

If Portugal beat Hungary in the first game they will be in a good position because it wouldn't surprise you if Germany took something off France. That would leave Portugal in a good position going into the France game knowing a draw for them would be a good result whilst France would be under pressure to pick up a win.

I like the shout for Italy as a dark horse but whoever wins the group of death and whoever comes through the England / GOD Runner up Last 16 tie I would be surprised if the winner doesn't come from those teams.
Part of me thinks the group of death big guns may play for a draw against each other, just to guarantee qualification and avoid possibly only finishing on 3 points.

Jammy spawny bastards just like the senior side, Spain battered them in the semi but they cnuts scored from a cross that deflected over the keeper :))
Never seen the Semi so can't comment, end of the day batter anyone on your day but if you can't put the ball in the back of the net it counts for nothing.

They got out of their 2016 tournament winning group with 3 draws.
which is of course outrageous !

Indeed.

Got next week off work too, absolutely buzzing to get the day over and sit on my arse for 10 days watching football while sinking pints and inhaling junk food.
I always fire holidays in when the big tournaments are on. I’ve only got 2 days to work over the next fortnight- and I’m only working them because it’s double time. :p
You can’t beat watching 3 games a day, a few wee bets on and quaffing copious amounts of beer. I’ve got 5 or 6 kegs of beer for the Perfect Draft sitting ready to go. Happy days.

Just came on to say what a backwards country this is. Stephen O'Donnell has "earned his place", he "deserves this" for his contribution over the past 18 months to 2 years.

He is half the player Patterson is, end of conversation.

Just came on to say what a backwards country this is. Stephen O'Donnell has "earned his place", he "deserves this" for his contribution over the past 18 months to 2 years.

He is half the player Patterson is, end of conversation.
So you're raging at something that hasn't been decided yet, for reasons essentially?

Latest posts

Back