1. RANGERS.............46,000

2. CELTIC..................11,000
3. HIBERNIAN............9,500
4. ABERDEEN.............6,000
5. DUNDEE UTD.........4,600
6. MOTHERWELL.......4,100
7. HEARTS..................3,000
8. DUNDEE..................1,200

Can't source any reliably accurate figures from the other clubs but St Johnstone (as expected) boasting of "strong" sales, as are Livingston. Also worth pointing out that Rangers are now the only club in the country with a waiting list in operation. Celtic's figure, with 9 league titles in 10 seasons, is quite frankly, pathetic.

Funny as it is even I struggle to believe their fans are that fickle.
I think we might had been down on renewals this year if we hadn’t won the league but after the success they have had that would be genuinely pathetic after one sh/t year.

PS I know their reported number have been fantasy land for years but even so.

Hearts had 11k last season so it’ll be there or thereabouts again if not more for this season. Not sure about hibs and sheep, probably slightly less.

I’d imagine the only clubs in the UK with more season tickets sold than us would be Man United, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

If course, if we had a bigger stadium we’d be at those sort of levels.

Last edited:
Hearts will have well over 10,000. They generally sell out almost all of their season tickets most seasons.

Expect Celtcs to increase now they have a manager in place, but it wont be close to the 53k they usually tell us they have sold

Hearts had 11k last season so it’ll be there or thereabouts again if not more for this season. Not sure about hibs and sheep, probably slightly less.

I’d imagine the only clubs in the UK with more season tickets sold than us would be Man United, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

If course, if we have a bigger stadium we’d be at those sort of levels.

Liverpool limit their season ticket sales to 27k

Reactions: TQ3

If course, if we have a bigger stadium we’d be at those sort of levels.

Liverpool only have 27,000 season ticket holders. West Ham actually have 50,000 season ticket holders!

What would be more interesting would be a list of (non -refunded) season tickets sold last season. :)) :shh:

Has their deadline passed yet?

Given that they didn’t start selling theirs until we had pretty much sold all of ours would be surprised if so.

Are these figures official/reliable or guesstimates? If the latter then it's a pointless thread.

Last edited:

Despite having a bigger capacity

Manchester United 53k
Arsenal is 46k
Spurs is 42k capped in their new stadium
Liverpool as posted 27k

I can't speak for West Ham but certainly in Arsenal's case a large number of those Seasons are bought by Scalpers. Go to the Concierge desk in any of the better Hotels in London and they can fix you with match day Tickets. Been myself on a good few occasions and not an English accent to be heard anywhere around me, kills the atmosphere stone dead. I imagine the same thing happens with West Ham since they moved and doubled their capacity.

I actually think Man United & Liverpool cap their ST sales, so a good chance we’ll have more

While our ST number are impressive given where we play if we were an English Premier League club then we would be less than the 46k for operational reasons

Aways fans allocation is 3000 maximum so we have to accommodate that as our ground meets it- 10% of capacity if stadium is under 30k

Worth noting that when trying to compere other clubs that would have large numbers in season ticket sales

Was just pointing those clubs but yeah West Ham have a decent amount season ticket sold

Also as the other post states how many end up in the hands of people out to make money each game at each club?

West Ham and Arsenal especially announce 60k crowds for every match when the true figure is often sub 50k. West Ham tickets are fairly cheap and when the stadium was opened it was said that many touts took advantage of this and bought up seats in bulk in the hope of selling on at a profit.

Manchester United 53k
Arsenal is 46k
Liverpool as posted 27k
I read a few years ago that man u had thousands of dead season ticket holders and family members just kept paying to keep the ticket.
This arises i suspect when you have a waiting list. I wonder how many it actually is and if we have any?

Hearts figure tells me that is pish but I don’t think their number is far off the mark. Seems they’ve got to be virtually guaranteed to win everything before they will support their team.

West Ham and Arsenal especially announce 60k crowds for every match when the true figure is often sub 50k. West Ham tickets are fairly cheap and when the stadium was opened it was said that many touts took advantage of this and bought up seats in bulk in the hope of selling on at a profit.
Every club can announce a figure due to tickets sold or 'sold' we have done that in the past

Doesn't surprise me that touts done that when West Ham moved to the London Stadium if the prices were low

Was just pointing those clubs but yeah West Ham have a decent amount season ticket sold

Also as the other post states how many end up in the hands of people out to make money each game at each club?
I`ve occasionally looked at the banding of West Ham tickets on a match by match basis; if you can get hold of one directly from the club, the prices are eye watering. Single adult general admission well in excess of £100 for top banded fixtures, which even by London and EPL standards, is out of the reach of the common family man.
Against that backdrop, God knows what the touts would be asking.

I read a few years ago that man u had thousands of dead season ticket holders and family members just kept paying to keep the ticket.
This arises i suspect when you have a waiting list. I wonder how many it actually is and if we have any?
Yeah did happen at Manchester United a number of years ago they done audit and found that a number of season tickets holders were actually dead but that isn't problem if the said holders don't qualified for a reduced price and I think that was the outcome of this audit IRC

As you say that could be happening with us

I can't speak for West Ham but certainly in Arsenal's case a large number of those Seasons are bought by Scalpers. Go to the Concierge desk in any of the better Hotels in London and they can fix you with match day Tickets. Been myself on a good few occasions and not an English accent to be heard anywhere around me, kills the atmosphere stone dead. I imagine the same thing happens with West Ham since they moved and doubled their capacity.

Isn't it the case that a huge number of West Hams ST's are really cheap? I can remember reading something where some of the seats were priced around the £350 mark.

Idea being that they would fill the place and generate a good atmosphere like their old ground. Not sure if that's continued or not mind you, it was an article I read a good fee years ago.

I`ve occasionally looked at the banding of West Ham tickets on a match by match basis; if you can get hold of one directly from the club, the prices are eye watering. Single adult general admission well in excess of £100 for top banded fixtures, which even by London and EPL standards, is out of the reach of the common family man.
Against that backdrop, God knows what the touts would be asking.
Yeah it makes you wonder when you take time to see what a general match price if you are able to get one via the club which isn't easy as you need to register before hand as usually there is criteria to be meet the purchase requirement for the said game in question

How accurate is this mate because of it’s anywhere near it even say they have 17k that’s a massive loss

1. RANGERS.............46,000

2. CELTIC..................11,000
3. HIBERNIAN............9,500
4. ABERDEEN.............6,000
5. DUNDEE UTD.........4,600
6. MOTHERWELL.......4,100
7. HEARTS..................3,000
8. DUNDEE..................1,200

Can't source any reliably accurate figures from the other clubs but St Johnstone (as expected) boasting of "strong" sales, as are Livingston. Also worth pointing out that Rangers are now the only club in the country with a waiting list in operation. Celtic's figure, with 9 league titles in 10 seasons, is quite frankly, pathetic.
The top tier will be getting closed again

Hearts will have well over 10,000. They generally sell out almost all of their season tickets most seasons.

Expect Celtcs to increase now they have a manager in place, but it wont be close to the 53k they usually tell us they have sold
They’ll still tell us 53,000 sold :rolleyes:

Surprised at both Hearts and Dundee. Id havr thought promotion would have made their figures a lot better
I've had this discussion before with my Dundee/Dundee United supporting mates.

We as a fan base renew season tickets regardless but they seem to look at other factors. I suppose we need to if we want to guarantee big games whereas they can pretty much just turn up with a minutes notice and get a ticket.

I've heard a couple discuss not getting a refund for last season as they didn't get to a game or not renewing because of covid their mindset seems to be more about you're paying for the "entertainment" factor of going to the game whereas we see it more like our duty as fans to back the club regardless.

Manchester United 53k
Arsenal is 46k
Liverpool as posted 27k

Is there an EPL rule about having X amount of tickets available for match to match sales?

Do people honestly believe Celtic won’t break the 40k ST mark?

They’re trying to make a point but the vast majority will renew

Do people honestly believe Celtic won’t break the 40k ST mark?

They’re trying to make a point but the vast majority will renew

I honestly don't think they'll get anywhere near 40k. They only sold around 30k during the Delia days which prompted them to get the tarpaulins out and that's not too long ago. And that's when they were relatively content with their club and were winning every week!

Is there an EPL rule about having X amount of tickets available for match to match sales?
No it is each club that decide how many season tickets they sell but they have to ensure they meet the away fans allocation rule which I posted about

There is membership schemes in place at a number of clubs for fans to try and get match by match games and the also take in hospitality as well and while revenue from that helps it nothing compered to the huge amount that comes from broadcasting deals in the English Premier League

Where we have to try and maximize season ticket sales due to the lack of other income

Back