Match Thread Turkey v Italy

ssblue

8pm kick off.

Home advantage for Italy.

Predicted line-ups (from the Daily Telegraph)

Italy (4-3-3)
: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola; Barella, Jorginho, Locatelli; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne.
Turkey (4-1-4-1): Çakir; Celik, Söyüncü, Demiral, Meras; Yokuslu; Karaman, Yazici, Tufan, Calhanoglu; Yilmaz.

Odds
Italy: 1/2
Turkey: 7/1
Draw: 14/5

I reckon Italy get off to a winning start with a 2-1 win.

Last edited:
Turkey have had some good results. Away to Italy is obviously a tall order but I might just have a wee bet at those sort of odds.

I reckon Berardi will get the nod over Chiesa, and Florenzi should start too.

Watch out for Barella. An absolute class act.

I reckon Berardi will get the nod over Chiesa, and Florenzi should start too.

Watch out for Barella. An absolute class act.
Florenzi is a cert, would be really surprised if Berardi started but he had a brilliant season and is good for Italy.

Buzzing to see Locatelli and Barella, hopefully Bastoni too (if Mancini has sense then he will play).

Italy have won 80% of their tournament games in Rome, and are currently on a 26 game unbeaten run with an even better unbeaten run at home.

Head says Italy 3-1, heart says 4-0 Italy.

I’m getting increasingly worried that Mancini is going to start Bonucci.
I have Italy on and have done for a few months but why wouldn’t Bonucci starting be a good thing mate?

Reckon Italy will surprise a few. Squad is the best it’s been for a long time. Don’t see them tipped much but they could win the tournament.

I bet turkey to reach the quater finals at 5/2. Thats my interest for the comp. Hopefully they get off to a good start tonight

I'm going Italy and btts, think if the Olimpico was full it'd be a bit of a doing
Not sure mental fans would intimidate Turkey to be honest :))

I think Italy will want to lay a marker down tonight, wouldn’t be surprised if they won BTTS or won to nil.

Last edited:
Italy are on a serious run. Battering teams and not conceding many at all.

22-0 in there last 7 games.

Before today - I might have chosen Turkey as a 'dark horse' in the tournament
Now that we're ready to roll I can't see them beating Italy tonight

Done Immobile to score a header @20/1, would rather have done Insigne or Barella outside the box but odds are poor.

2 quid on Turkey at 7/1 for me just for a little interest
Italy are usually slow burners in tournaments but will come good

Reckon Italy will surprise a few. Squad is the best it’s been for a long time. Don’t see them tipped much but they could win the tournament.

Chris Waddle was tipping them heavily on BBC yesterday. First UK pundit I've really heard giving them a right good chance to go far.

I'll go 2-0 Italy. They are on a ridiculous run and have only conceded like 2 goals in 12 games.

Veratti will be a big miss tonight obviously, but Locatelli is a quality young player.

Wish I hadn’t been so vocal about Italy now, drawing 0-0 probably after my upping of them.

Bonucci and Berardi start, seemingly.

Surprised at Berardi if true.

Edit confirmed now.

Last edited:
Back