Copa America 2021 - Live on the BBC

Atletico Madrid want to sign Matias Arezo immediately due to the increasing interest from other clubs. In his last game the 18 year old scored three and set-up one. He looks the real deal.

Atletico Madrid want to sign Matias Arezo immediately due to the increasing interest from other clubs. In his last game the 18 year old scored three and set-up one. He looks the real deal.

Football Manager has him down as a future superstar alongside Pellestri.

I know they get some wrong but it's quite impressive how often they get them right as well.

Colombia, which couldn't hold the Copa America behind closed doors because of Covid and social unrest, has opened Barranquilla's Metropolitano up to 11,000 fans tonight for the game against Argentina.

Barranquilla paper El Heraldo reporting that 2,500 police officers will "protect" the Metropolitano from protests targeting the game. Three security rings, 10 drones and a Bell helicopter in place; city's entire metro system suspended.

Police have conducted raids and seized material they claim was going to be used in today's protests. 125 bottles for Molotov cocktails, shields to protect against police bullets and special protection glasses among the elements seized.

Football Manager has him down as a future superstar alongside Pellestri.

I know they get some wrong but it's quite impressive how often they get them right as well.

He'll more than likely have the largest transfer fee for a player leaving Uruguay.

@drgriffen is tonight’s Ecuador game on the mad mountain thing?. Ecuador team looks relatively unknown a part from the Caicedo’s, I know more of the Peruvians.

@drgriffen is tonight’s Ecuador game on the mad mountain thing?. Ecuador team looks relatively unknown a part from the Caicedo’s, I know more of the Peruvians.

If the mad mountain thing is the capital Quito? :D then yes.

Peru have been terrible recently so it is a big game for them. Will be difficult at altitude.

Christ and we think Sturgeon is bad at sticking her oar in, see Colombia are on at midnight tonight UK time or BST ;)

Brazil players have announced they are against the Copa being held, against what CONMEBOL is doing but will play anyway.

And, as an aside, Mastercard have withdrawn their sponsorship from the tournament because who wouldn't want to be associated with such a well run competition.

Brazil players have announced they are against the Copa being held, against what CONMEBOL is doing but will play anyway.

And, as an aside, Mastercard have withdrawn their sponsorship from the tournament because who wouldn't want to be associated with such a well run competition.

If it was all organised and ran smoothly it wouldn't be in keeping with South American football.

Here's hoping for more mental stories in the build up and one of the best tournaments ever.

FFS. Unlikely it will be suspended/stopped but FFS:

Copa America could be suspended!!The President of the Supreme Federal Court of Brazil has asked for an extraordinary session on Thursday to debate the suspension of the tournament that is set to start on Sunday.

3 judges have already voted on the Copa taking place:

-judge Carmen Lucia, in favor

-judge Marco Aurelio, in favor

-judge Ricardo Lewandowski, has asked for “a comprehensive and detailed plan to ensure the safety of the tournament.”

More votes to come as apparently there are 10 judges. No idea how many required (or not) for the tournament to be suspended.

Do Colombia have a decent chance ?

Looking to double someone up in the Copa America with my Euros picks

Do Colombia have a decent chance ?

Looking to double someone up in the Copa America with my Euros picks

They have a chance but I would say Brazil are favourites then Argentina and Uruguay with Colombia after them. Who knows, though, with all the issues surrounding the tournament.

They have a chance but I would say Brazil are favourites then Argentina and Uruguay with Colombia after them. Who knows, though, with all the issues surrounding the tournament.

Yea, I haven’t been following the news too closely but I’m pretty wary of the fact that there seems to be a lot of background noise with this tournament

Nicolas Capaldo will be joining RB Salzburg from Boca for between $5-6m. This is a strange one as he's an ok midfielder but not someone who has particularly stood out.

Reason it is interesting is that it shows what you can get if you get a name for selling decent players - same goes for River.

Boca are signing Nicolas Orsini, Huracán pair Esteban Rolóna and Norberto Briasco plus Franco Di Santo from San Lorenzo.

CONMEBOL have decided to modify part of the rules for the Copa America.

Either before or during the tournament, teams can change players, with no limits, who test positive for COVID or those considered in close contact.

CONMEBOL have decided to modify part of the rules for the Copa America.

Either before or during the tournament, teams can change players, with no limits, who test positive for COVID or those considered in close contact.

This sounds like it could be open to abuse.

I fear it could become farcical. They would have been better playing some of the WC qualifiers.

This sounds like it could be open to abuse.

I fear it could become farcical. They would have been better playing some of the WC qualifiers.

They should but we all know why that was never going to happen.

Actually, teams could be replacing full squads and they would probably continue with the tournament.

Not looking good for Venezuela.

For Tuesday's WCQ against Uruguay they were without 5 regulars who remain unavailable. Of the 11 starters 7 are now unavailable after testing positive for Covid. They play Brazil tonight.

Sterling trying to copy Novo.
Edit. I thought this was the England v Croatia match thread. I’m still drunk from last night

I’ve just seen this is on iPlayer/the red button. Which means it’ll be like their Libertadores coverage that was about 5 minutes behind the live action.

Don’t understand why they don’t just put it on one of the actual proper channels.

I’ve just seen this is on iPlayer/the red button. Which means it’ll be like their Libertadores coverage that was about 5 minutes behind the live action.

Don’t understand why they don’t just put it on one of the actual proper channels.
Will it be behind? I'm sure an international tournament will get more viewers.

Covid ravaged Venezuela unsurprisingly go for a defensive 541 formation. They have 4 players making thier international debut.

E3ybEDMXoAQrG72

Back